Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:21 am

Well, we all know Sonic and Tails. I've seen Knuckles but can't say I ever played a game with him in it so didn't know much about him. The mid-credits character, my son had to look him up on his phone because we didn't know, but that sets up a third movie, so we were happy.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:05 pm

I see. The Sonic & Knuckles game was good. It was revolutionary at the time, Sonic 3 came out about the same time so yeah Sega had great development here. Here is the commercial with the new "Lock On Technology"! It was really fun, it was unreal when you'd place it into your Sega Genesis 32X because it would make your game cartridges really high literally.

Here is the Sonic & Knuckles commercial from 1994, you could play your previous Sonic games on it too and alter them, it was really cool back then :)

Here is a couple posters of it.

I have a Sonic compilation for the XBox with most of the first games on there and while it lacks the nostalgia of the putting in the cartridges and the rad lock on tech, but it is still super fun playing then!

Spoiler:
This is Shadow the Hedgehog, he debuted in 2001 in the Sonic franchise in Sonic Adventure 2 and he actually became My favorite character of the saga. He is in the end credits of the new movie right? Image

I think I'll post some Sonic games like I did the other ones, yeah, that sounds good :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:56 am

I never got as invested in the Sonic games as I did the Super Mario games on the NES. Like I said, by the time I got a Genesis I was much more interested in sports games. And yes, on your spoiler being in the end credits. If you like Sonic I would recommend both films for sure.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:13 pm

I see, thanks PB :) Well, I should definitely check out them Sonic movies. I'll yell ya what, I'll post the Sonic games I have like I did the compilation games and then I'll do the same for Mario cause I have a ton of Mario games too plus I don't know if you know this but Sonic crossed-over with Mario a few games in Super Smash Bros. :? :?: It'll be cool when I do this which will be soon ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:21 am

OK, so here is a look at the Sonic the Hedgehog games that I have own and played. This is gonna be a big one so it's gonna be in 2 parts which I will post the second one tomorrow, I am presenting it a bit like when I did the compilations special but the vids will be with the entries this time, their long so just watch the first few minutes of'em or just browse thru them if you don't want to see the whole thing. The first post is all Sega Genesis with other mentions. I hope you enjoy it :)

Sonic the Hedgehog - The one that started it all in 1991. My Grandma MiMi rented the Sega Genesis over at Blockbuster Video for Me for Easter in 1993 (she always did something special for Me for Easter), Sonic was the very first game I ever played for the SG as it came with it originally. While I was already hooked on games for SNES and especially Super Mario World, I could see they had a bit of an edge over Sega but I was still astounded by the graphics of Sonic as well. It is on many Sega compilations including the one I posted earlier.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Originally came out in 1992. My Grandparents got Me the SG2 in 1994 and it came with Sonic 2, I loved this one and it introduced Tails! It is on many Sega compilations including the one I posted earlier.

Sonic CD - Originally came out in 1993. When Sega CD was going out of production in 1996 along with the 32X, I wanted it bad and got Sonic CD, it's a tremendous game. It was actually re-released on Xbox 360 via a digital download!

[img]Ks6DsbJXaVA[/img]

Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball - This fun game came out in 1993, it's not like your regular type of Sonic game. it is on many Sega compilations including the one I posted earlier.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:23 am

Sonic Game Gear - Now My Mom got Me the Sega Game Gear back in 1994, its a great system and was in color compared to Game Boy. I have misplaced it and been looking for it for a long time, I hope to find it soon :roll: It came with Sonic 2 and was so like the ones on the SG. NOTE: Shame I never wanted to do much with My SGG back in the day, the only other 2 games I have for it was NBA Jam & Mortal Kombat 1, I was a fool :roll:

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Yes, the sequel, it was great! Surprisingly along with S&N, it isn't on many Sega compilations.

Sonic & Knuckles - As I had said before in the other post, S&N has "Lock On Technology", it was so fun to play it and alter the other sonic games when you plug them in, something that was so revolutionary yet was really abandoned rather quickly which same went for the 32X as the CD for other systems was becoming the trend, even then in the 90s I was becoming a bit bummed about this because CDs & discs n general was becoming the norm and I still liked the cartridges hence why I chose N64 over Playstation back in 98. Surprisingly along with STH3, it isn't on many Sega compilations.

Knuckles Chaotix - Ah, now this is My FAVORITE Sonic game of ALL-TIME and its for the Sega Genesis 32X and came out in 1995! I got it from My Parents in 1996 for Christmas when TRU had a clearance out sale of their big 32X games. It has all new characters except for Knuckles of course. The graphics were arguably the best from any game system then during the whole time of the 90s and I loved the music. For over 2 decades I have been really irked that it has NEVER HAD A RE-RELEASE and it boggles My mind as to WHY they haven't :x Their pathetic reasoning is that the 32X graphics was TOO HARD and complicated to handle systems after Dreamcast...WHAT :o WHY :? HOW :batshock: If that's not bad enough, over 2 decades later they released a game called Sonic Mania on PS4, they REBOOTED the new characters from the Knuckles Chaotix and they are completely ignoring this title...now if this isn't video game injustice, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS :roll: :batrage: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Sonic 3D Blast - This came out in 1996, My Grandparents got it for Me for Christmas in 1996, it was actually competition for MARIO RPG on the SNES! It's one of the funnest Sonic games to play and it was one of the last games EVER made for the Sega Genesis :o As I had stated before, I always wanted a Sega Saturn but never got one, they made a updated version for it not to much longer after that for the SS after the SG original had been released. It is on many Sega compilations including the one I posted earlier.

I hope you liked it, I had to split it up in 2 parts, make sure you see SPLIT #1 FIRST! Part 2 for the Xbox 360, Wii U & PS4 is next :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:39 am

So here we go in part 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog games that I own and played and it's gonna be split into sections so again another big one...you can just browse thru the vids but I do recommend you see them at least a few moments each...ready :batconfused:

XBOX 360

Sonic Mega Collection - This is a special compilation of MOST of the classic Sonic games that was originally on the Sega Genesis and it REALLY only for hardcore Sonic players & collectors alike but it is a great way to get them games if you never had them on the SG before. It actually has Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles plus it even has Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine :o

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - It has all of the Sonic games mentioned above. It also has a big amount of others games from the Sega Genesis that is NOT on the PS4 version that I had posted earlier about in the compilations post. There is actually an even bigger one, a Gold version that is on PC, I got that too and it has even way more games than this Xbox 360 one if you can believe that :?

Dreamcast Collection - I never had a Sega Dreamcast, I played it over at My old local target I talk about often a couple times and it just felt strange to me, it never interested Me at all, the Sega Saturn looked so much better in so many ways plus it was from a somewhat better time as well. Anyway, the system didn't last long at all so this collection has most of Dreamcast's most well known games including Sonic Adventure that is similar like Super Mario 64. Its really good and this set pretty decent itself.

Now the next two games belong in a series and acts as sequels to Sonic 3 & S&N. When I first got My Xbox I had to research this cause I had taken a very long hiatus from console gaming so this was totally new to Me and it was really exciting about this, they are completely updated to match the current day's graphics but also is quite nostalgic as well in many areas.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - This is was actually his first new appearance for Xbox, a great game!

Sonic: Generations - A new 20th Anniversary game!

Sonic: Unleashed - Another new title, really rad!

Shadow the Hedgehog - This was Shadow's only titled game, it was really awesome! See why he is My favorite of the whole franchise :?: :batsmile:

Sonic Adventure 2 - This is the digital exclusive to the original Dreamcast game, really cool!

Sonic the Fighters Championship - This is a great game and like some of these titles above, is only for Xbox. This is actually a fighting game very similar like the original Virtua Fighter series, its really tubular!

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - Oh this is arguably My fave Sonic game of all-time! Many cool Sega characters are presented and it has N64 & Rare's Banjo & Kazooie as guest stars plus you can use your own Avatar as a racer! It's like Mario Kart, then you'll love this!

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed - The graphics aren't as well done here due to a ruch job but oh man, this one is ever funner the the first one, again many characters and Danica Patrick & Wreck-It Ralph guest star here! You can use you your Avatar as well. I also have this for the Wii U and you can use your Mii character, such a fun game!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:42 am

WII U - NOTE: Soon I'm gonna be talking about this system and have a small little showcase here within the topic, I just love it :)

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games: Sochi 2014 - This was one of the first games EVER that Sonic & Mario CROSSED-OVER before, remember how HUGE that was back then :?: It's a great game but the controls with the included Nunchuck Remote suck but if you are patient its fun.

Sonic: Lost World - A terrific game with amazing visuals, I got the Deadly Six edition with the bonus level!

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric - Another great new game that is atremendously visually stunning game!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - If your familiar with this series then you'll know its a all-star fighting game. Sonic is in it but he is only considered to be a guest fighter.

PS4

Sonic Mania - There is really a lack of Sonic games on the PS4 but this is the newer game with some of the of the characters from Knuckles Chaotix and is very much like the classic Sonic games of yesteryear in fact a lot of it is nearly indentical. If you read what I said in the previous one, you'll know how much I love Knuckles Chaotix and how much I hated that they rebooted a bit with their pathetic excuses. I got this game free via PS +, not bad plus there is also DLC too to make it sweeter and despite My complaining, its a very fun game!

Sonic Forces - Another I got free with PS+, its a fairly cool & fun game.

Team Sonic Racing - This is a great game but it kinda lacks the magic feel the other two racing game sin the series. There is no bonus guest characters and way to play as an Avatar which was a big point of the previous games. Seems like the PS4 versions of Sonic & Sega has really been downgraded, in fact I noticed that a lot with other games that the other Gen like XBOX 60 Wii U just had more, same really goes for everything else really :roll:

So there you have it with all of the Sonic games I own in 2 splits like My previous entries so if you missed split #2 with the Xbox ones then go to it, it's all superb! Now there is actually much more than that that has been made, I just don't have'em all. I hope you enjoyed this. I hope you took a gander at it all, I will be posting the same about Mario next cause you cannot have Sonic without Mario or vice versa and besides, this is a video game console topic, they have been really missing here since the start and we can't have that now can we :? :?: ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:33 pm

Wow, I knew there were a lot of Sonic games, just not that many. I don't think I played any of those beyond Sonic 2. Was just never something I was drawn to as by then I was in my teens and the sports and role-playing style games were much more appealing.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:18 pm

I see. Oh their a lot of fun PB. Do you have PS +? You can get free games like I did every month. I got those Sonic games for free there. I think it would be fun for you and your kids to play Sonic Team Racing together, like I said, if you liked Mario Kart then you'll love that. It's not a guaranteed that they will have the Sonic games for free again but they do sometimes put the same titles up again which is disappointing for those that have already have'em but great for people that don't :) I used to have PS Now but I canceled that. That has a ton of old games from years prior that you may look in to as well.

OK, well, I'm gonna do the same for Mario now, hang in there as it might be a few parts cause there's a lot that I have played & own...until then ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions