Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 18, 2024 8:58 am

Oh it's pretty good, if you have a chance to see it, do so PB ;) I never seen The Paper but I recall the trailers. Okay, you said about when you'd see movies with John Travolta & Bruce Willis...well have you see the movie with them together :?:

Oh man I remember when Pulp Fiction came out. My Mom saw it at the show and really liked it and told Me all about it. She bought it on VHS soon after and We watched it with My Grandparents. They weren't crazy about but I thought it was pretty good. This came out in 1994 just like the two previous films that you posted PB...30 years ago this year :o This has a very big ensemble cast including Travolta & Willis and Christopher Walken. Here's the trailers :)

She also bought the soundtrack...We'd listen to it countless times. Here's the titles with the most iconic song :)

Here's the infamous McDonald's "Royale with Cheese" scene ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:39 pm

Confession, I've never actually seen Pulp Fiction. Just never wanted to. Back then it was so overhyped and everyone was talking about it but I found Tarantino to be a bit pretentious and just never really wanted to see it. I've seen a few other of his movies from back then, and just didn't care for them mostly. They just felt more like style over substance.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 19, 2024 5:46 am

I see. Yes, it was hyped up but unlike many films that people say are so great, I thought it was pretty good.

Oh Hot Shots! That was a great one. One of the many fine movies from 91. It had a ton of hilarious stuff. I used to watch it many times before I went to school ;) It has a really good score by Sylvester Levay whom did Cobra :)

They made a sequel, I liked that one even more, see if you can post that one next PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 19, 2024 3:03 pm

That was the plan all along. I saw this one in the theater.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 20, 2024 7:02 am

Sometimes you don't know about a sequel or you don't post'em so that's good that was your plan PB ;) I would have loved to seen it at the show in 93 :) I watched it countless times on VHS however. At first when I saw the TV spots I like oh man, a sequel to Hot Shots, I can't wait to see that :!: My fave scene with is Lloyd Bridges as President Benson, I couldn't find the scene by itself so follow My instructions here PB ;) Fast forward to 14:25 to 15:45. I have always loved that part :lol: :batshock: :wwlol: :smsmh:

I found it really weird that Richard Crenna played the same type of character, in fact nearly identical that he played in the Rambo films :shock:

Crenna in Rambo & Hot Shot!.jpg

Okay, I really liked Charlie Sheen's Topper Harley. They made him a combination of John Rambo from First Blood & Kurt Sloan from Kickboxer. I thought that it was so radical :) He fights James Lew whom is a stunt man and has been a villain in other films & TV Shows :)

Here's this great cue by the late great Basil Poledouris (Conan the Barbarian & Destroyer & RoboCop 1 & 3). He wrote such a great score for Hot Shots 2...listen to this very fun classic :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:32 pm

It's kind of sad and weird they sort of did that with Minnesota in real life. I loved the fact Richard Crenna was in this. It's a shame Charlie Sheen went off the rails in recent years. I liked his movies in the 90s and early 2000s. Never watch Two and a Half Men, though. But I suppose if you listen to the Coreys he may've been troubled way before that. But it's Hollywood, so who isn't?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 21, 2024 8:11 am

Yes, you can say that again about Hollywierd :roll: I actually never seen Freejack...just one film I never got to yet. Here's another one of Emilio's other fine films...1993's Judgement Night :!: I believe We rented this originally from Star Video when it came out. It has a very good cast in it including Denis Leary being the major bad guy. The lead singer of House of Pain...Everlast is his partner. That was big for Me back then cause I loved his Jump Around song on MTV which I posted that in M Classics Music Videos Topic a while back. This is a very good movie that has a "urban horror" feel to it even though it's not a horror film. Look in the trailer, they have an old NES with the Zapper Gun :)

This is the excellent theme by Alan Silvestri :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:32 pm

I remember catching that on HBO back then. It wasn't bad from what I recall.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 22, 2024 5:25 am

Oh well that's good. Tubi has it on. It's always been a fine film around here and one that is usually on My mind :) Ah Young Guns from 1988, you posted the second one but not the first ;) These were cool times of the then younger actors who had good talent. The film was very authentic depicting the Old West IMO. I thought it was good that Lou Diamond was here and matched this cause he's actually half Native American, half Philippino (Philippinoes have a big Spanish heritage). It was something that Emilio got top billing here over his brother Charlie and it was really cool that Patrick Wayne & Jack Palance was in it as well :shock:

Okay, here's another Charlie Sheen film that I always thought was very good. It goes by two names. I know it mostly by Under Pressure but it also goes by Bad Day on the Block :!:

UD-BDOTB 1.jpg

The movie came out in 1997. I believe We rented this over at Schnucks on Loughborough when it was in the new release section and not at Blockbuster Video (Star Video was sadly gone already & Hollywood Video wasn't there yet). We saw Charlie Sheen on the box and usual We'd see any movie with him in it. He plays a maniac :shock: John Ratzenberger aka Cliff the Mailman in Cheers plays a cool headed cop. Baseball legend Reggie Jackson plays himself. It's a very good film, like Judgement Night, it's one not to miss :!: I'll let the trailer tell you what it's about if you haven't seen it before that is :o

Now as a side note, last year Charlie Sheen got terrorized by his crazy neighbor. When I read that I immediately thought that's WHY HE WAS in Under Pressure/Bad Day on the Block :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Charlie Sheen 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:59 pm

Huh, there's life immitating art, lol. I really like the Young Gun films when I was a kid. I think that's what got me into Westerns. YG II was on HBO all the time back then. Lou Diamond Phillips was great in it. I was looking at his filmography and now I might go back and watch this film since I've been watching Dark Winds on AMC. There's been two seasons so far. I didn't know there was a movie made way before that.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions