Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 08, 2024 8:35 am

Well that's good you have that memory there. I still recall Mine thank goodness but just ain't sure if that was that Drive In or not. Either way like I said, it was the first time I went to one :)

My Grandpa PoPo adored the score by Bernard Herrmann of North by Northwest. He'd talk to Me about it a lot. Gosh I miss it when We'd have Our conversations especially about music & scores :roll: One thing he'd do which was a such a fun thing, he'd record his movies on TV and do the two VCR trick. Keep in mind this is the 80s, long before it was ever a thought to do on a computer. He'd edit them with just the title only because usually the beginning of a film has the main title score, song & music there. I used to watch his custom VHS Tape all the time with him and even by Myself and he'd introduce Me to this movie & that classic and I would learn how the music of the past was :) I would do the same for Myself with newer films and he'd be like that's good too Hydester :) Here's this video that has the wonderful theme & music...I just love how wonderful & classical it sounds I mean it's Bernard Herrmann :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:53 pm

Believe it or not, I've never seen the movie. Never took the time to watch too many Hitchcock movies, just wasn't a genre I was interested in.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 09, 2024 7:27 am

His films are quite good and like I said before, he sure knew the importance of music. When he stepped in that German Radio Station it all clicked for him. I never saw Lucky Numbers, I'm not even sure I knew about it :shock:

I saw at Disney's Moana at show in 2016, it stars the voice of The Rock which this story suited him and the movie was fairly good.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 09, 2024 9:02 pm

I was surprised how much we all enjoyed Moana. The Rock is terrific in it. They're making a sequel that should be out this year.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 10, 2024 9:35 am

I never seen any trailer to the sequel. It looks pretty good like the first One. Well it says this year & November so you really don't have to wait that long if you decide to see it at the show and have another good time PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:09 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 11, 2024 6:11 am

I never seen nor know about A Love Song For Bobby Long :shock:

I saw this at the show in 2016...The Girl on the Train...I thought it was a decent film. Emily Blunt is good as always :)

The music was by Danny Elfman, here's the theme as there's a really good piano piece here :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:59 am

Never saw that movie. Seen the books on the shelf in stores plenty back then. Just never was interested.

T
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 12, 2024 8:21 am

I see. I never seen the books for sale and I never heard of the story till I saw the trailers. It looked good and it was. I never seen Michael before.

Here's this film I saw in 2016 at teh show as well.

I saw the previews on TV and I was like holy crap, a First-Person Shooting movie :o I gotta go and see that and I did...it was some experience :batwink:

Here's a bit of the score by Dasha Charusha, she's quite good :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:43 pm

I saw previews for that, and it's a neat concept. Haven't seen it though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions