Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:45 am

That really cool PB :)

Oh yes, The Transfomrers film was great. I had mentioned earlier when I did Rocky 4 that it's composer Vince DiCola did the TRAs film as well. It was really cool. I was still more into the Chhallenge of the Go-Bots & Rock Lords films however but this still good. Another was the G.I. Joe movie too, that was great, it was awesome seeing Sgt. Slaughter in it :) Oh and I gotta mention it was amaizng how some of the cast of this Transformer Movie was in the llve action films including Leonard Nimoy :o Cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:16 am

I said it's gonna be next so here is...

Cobra 1.jpg

Oh man I have always loved them posters. So if you read My Rocky and especially My First Blood write ups then there is no need to explain why I liked Stallone and he was basically My first hero. So it would be a while till I would see this however as it came out in 1986. This is without a single doubt one of Stallone's most underrated and most unappreciated films he's ever been in and it's arguably My favorite of all, in fact it's in My top 5 :o

Here is the wiki page, if you know nothing about it then you can go there as it has the plot & cast and all that jazz. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_(1986_film)

Here is Cobra's great custom Studebaker with his AWSOM 50 Licence Plate. Look at Stallone as Cobra, gosh this is so cool and if your a scenery person like I am (which I don't think there's many of'em out there anymore) this is one of the many great films you can see old cities, landscapes & backgrounds as to how IT WAS in the 80s, it's so classic, makes Me wanna go back :)

Cobra 2.jpg

So as I said in My Rocky 4 write up there was something that Stallone & Brigitte Nielsen done during that time and that was get married :shock: Yes, they were actually were a couple during this film. Of course she wasn't the hot tempered Russian from Rocky IV or the self-titled warrior babe of 1985's Red Sonja as she was an 80s model posing around that became a damsel in distress. Why? That's because she is being terrorized by a group of murderous gang thugs part of a cult led by major villain actor yet extremely under-emphasized Brian Thompson :o By this time I already knew Nielsen but this was actually the first film that I noticed Thompson despite he had a brief part getting killed by the 1984's The Terminator. After I saw him in Cobra however My eyes was on him for many movies later on such as 1990's Lionheart & 1997's Mortal Kombat Annihilation! I always pay attention to things especially bad guys in films. He just stood out because of his unusual face & stature and acted so manic. So the film had the potential to be really violent and hardcore and at times it is but it doesn't go that far with very little gore to be seen but Stallone's way makes you "know" what just happen :batsmile:

Cobra 3.jpg

Here is the TRAILER :!:

Here is a scene with Roger Tepper's "Angel of the City with Brigitte Nielsen as a hot 80s model and yes that's Sledge Hammer's David Rasche there as well :o

Now one of the coolest parts of the whole film was The score by Sylvester Levay. He was really prominent in the 80s & 90s. He had such great sound. I have listened to this cue countless times over the years. It has that great dark 80s, synthesizer sound that I so missed from this time period. Near the end about 2:12, listen closely as it sounds something like Jim Johnston would write for classic WWF in the later 80s...GOLDEN SOUND :batsmile:

So there is COBRA, have you seen this before or not? What's your fave stuff about it? Talk about it. My next write up will be 1989's No Holds Barred featuring Hulk Hogan which is one of My all-time favorite films...until then :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:19 pm

Funny you mention GI Joe the Movie because I was actually going to post that, but then I remembered, there was no movie trailer because it was a straight to VHS release/ Well, there is a trailer, but I went with Transformers first instead.

For some reason the guys in the stockings freaked me out as a kid so I had a hard time watching Cobra when I was really young. Honestly, probably shouldn't have been watching it when I was really young anyway, but it was a different era, and I'm sure kids these days (mine included) have seen much worse on the internet, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:32 am

Yep, when I think of one I think of the other and Sgt. Slaughter made it so much better.

Yeah, I saw a lot of stuff early in My day, movies like that and horror. I was ok but certain things would get Me that you wouldn't think and I still think its weird like I loved the Alien films, the Xenomorphs didn't scare Me, I loved them but the Dark Overlord of the Universe in Howard the Duck did...now does that make sense :? :?:But I had My limits and I still do.

I know, kids today are maturing too fast thanks to the web. I know how it is cause when I was a teenager it kinda changed Me as I wasn't used to that stuff. Kids today, I don't know about them and how they can make fun and see this stuff as funny, I mean the imolation scene in ROTS. I know kids are quite different than when we were kids but I would never make fun of of those SW scenes. I mean I don't think they know the imortanmtce of them scenes like us elders do. I seen other kids and younger people post other movies clips and kae fun of'em, I just don't get their humor even years ago. I'm old school and that's just Me :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:49 pm

Everyone looks so young...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:57 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:17 am

Oh Spies Like Us was a good, another one when comedy was comedy. It was very hard beating Chase & Aykroyd. Oh gosh, Suburban Commando, I'm just going to say that I love it and it's special to Me, I planned on doing that one after No Holds Barred so I will further continue it when the time comes ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:20 pm

Confession, I've never seen Suburban Commando. I was 13 when it came out and had outgrown Hulkamania and a lot movies that were more silly kid friendly. I did see this in 1991, though...

I thought I'd post that in honor of the Buffalo Bills curb stomping the defending Superbowl champs in their own house last night. Hall of Fame Buffalo Bills QB Jim Kelly appeared in the film so everyone in Buffalo was required to see it. It didn't hurt that Kathy Ireland was in it. Did we have this conversation before? I feel like we talked about Kathy Ireland. I had a poster of her on the back of my bedroom door back in the day.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:19 am

Gosh, I thought you seen Suburban Commando before. Shame about that. Well, I will elaborate more on it big time later :batsmile:

Oh now Necessary Roughness was good and 91 was a great movie year. It was the first film I saw Scott Dracula I mean Bacula in, same thing with Sinbad and yes KATHY IRELAND...WE DID TALK ABOUT HER BEFORE PB, you be correct ;) Cool you had a poster of her, I bet that was fun ;)

Oh but I'm not done with her, here is a couple gifs from the film that "REALLY" got My attention about her...

and that movie is...

I saw that at the show a bit after Groundhog Day in 93 with My Mom & her boyfriend, 2 great films in a row. It was really cool :) One of the last ones of the kind :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:19 pm

Ah, Loaded Weapon was a funny film. I was a big fan of Emilio Estevez in the 90s. He had string of good movies. Emilio, Charlie Sheen and Keith David? Sign me up.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions