Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:11 am

I don't think I ever knew about that Shaggy Dog sequel :shock: That's good noticing there PB ;) Hollywood would really would be doing a lot of nocturnal stuff in movies in the 2000s especially in 2007 - 2008 I mean nearly every blockbuster movie was in a dark city landscape. I prefer nighttime over daytime but sometimes it get's annoying when it's too dark like 2007's AVP:R for example, about 90% of it was in the dark.

It's funny I posted the first Millennium Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and then that same day you watch the sequel before it :?

OK, so we've talked about Godzilla: Final Wars. Keep in mind it's a 50th anniversary celebratory film. I find it a really crazy movie with a ton of action that has some of the coolest Kaiju fights seen. Sometimes I'm like darn, shame they ended it because I really liked how this was filmed and I waned more. The climax with Monster X was epic but dang the fight with Godzilla in the 3-on-1 handicap match was insane with Anguirus, Rodan & King Caesar. I liked Anguirus' Sonic the Hedgehog move while King Caesar kicked him like he was a soccer ball :o :lol: Here's a few trivia bits that you might find interesting. This is actually the last Godzilla movie that uses the suitmation which is a shame, Like puppets, I really prefer this over the CGI that became the trend after this even though it works wonders. I told you about the significance about Zilla before and how important this was too fans back then...well after Zilla is destroyed by Godzilla, the Controller of Planet X throws a fit and shouts "I knew that tuna-eating lizard was useless!", this was reference about the Sony TriStar Godzilla 98's (GINO) diet of fish. In the English dub, Zilla is called a "tuna-head" instead :shock: Patrick Tatopoulos who designed the awesome 98 Godzilla was actually present at the Godzilla Final Wars' world premiere in Los Angeles. Despite how the monster was portrayed, Tatopoulos said that he was honored to have his Kaiju appear in an official Toho Godzilla film :o Legendary UFC Hall of Fame Fighter & Gaijin wrestler Don Frye has a major part in the film as the Gotengo Captain :!:

Here's the teaser & trailer...look for the 50th anniversary logo :)

So I believe that covers most of the major Kaiju movies. What I'm going to do is I'm going to make a separate topic about classic Kaiju films sometime in the future with more details like posters, scenes & music that I didn't post here because the posters for Kaiju films are is cool and so is the other stuff like Kaiju entries & bios. I plan on doing it like I'm doing the MonsterVerse topic :shock: There's other monster films to talk about and this way all of these will be in one topic that you can join in on and I can post other stuff within this one too :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:22 am

I didn't know who Don Frye was, but his role is pretty fun in this. The fights were really cool, too. I watched a few of the Monsterverse movies again this weekend, Kong, G:KOTM, because they've been on TNT. Since rewatching a lot of the older films, I think I appreciated them more. The human stories are still just ok. The CGI still looks really good even after a few years.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:47 am

I recall seeing the previews of Tim Allen's Shaggy Dog film from 2006. Huh, you didn't :?: Yes, I thought his role was as well. Oh that's great that you saw the MonsterVerse films again. This will refresh you when you see the new movie ;) When I used have TNT they'd have G: KOTM on like every week before AEW Dynamite aired and I'd watch the last few minutes when Nuclear Godzilla appeared and destroyed King Ghidorah. I find the human characters ok in the MonsterVerse franchise. Yes, seeing the originals helps. I believe that's why I'm like how I am about the MonsterVerse...to Me it's a continuation and see how they match up to the originals. So far it's pretty dandy and with many inspirations & nods :) Oh yes, the CGI is wonderful, Godzilla 2014 still looks like it was last year and this is coming from a guy that prefers practicable effects :shock:

It's April Fools :) I seen neither of these films, I thought I'd post a double-header :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:36 pm

I saw the 80s film in the ealry 90s. Can't say I remember much. Never saw the other one though some of it looked good. Giggidy.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:58 am

I never saw Lucas before, I only saw trailers, clips & ads :)

OK, I got a couple newer bonuses. We talked a bit about the Pacific Rim movies. Well, in 2013 The Asylum made their version called Atlantic Rim with basically the same concept. It was pretty cool & entertaining. This is on Tubi like many of Asylum films as well as Kaiju films. I'll post the sequel tomorrow :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 am

It's a different ocean, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:27 am

Ah the Secret of. N.I.M.H., that was really good. It had such a fantastic score by the legend Jerry Goldsmith...1982 was a big year for him as he did First Blood, Poltergeist & the Challenge as well. Listen to this wonderful cue by My favorite composer :)

Yes, they switched oceans :shock: Here's the sequel called Atlantic Rim 2: Resurrection :!: Like the previous it has the same concept and as in Pacific Rim 2: Uprising with merging Kaijus merging into a Super Kaiju...the same thing happens in this move too...watch the trailer :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:09 pm

One of the trailers at GxK we saw today.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:54 am

That's great. Amazing that a Ghostbusters film and a Bettlejuice film is coming in the same year :blww: :blbat:

I made these over a period of time :blsm:

Beetlejuice 2 - 1.jpg

Beetlejuice 2 - 2.jpg

Beetlejuice 2 - 3.jpg

The teaser looks good and according to what I read, Danny Elfman will do the score again, if he doesn't then the film will not have that same feeling :blmm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:25 pm

Good to see Michael Keaton is in it. Wouldn't be the same if someone else was in the role.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions