Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:15 pm

Yeah, I saw the She-Hulk commercial. It's based off I think her Peter David run a few years ago but she's never been a character I cared much about or ever bought any of her solo books, I really don't pay much attention to the MCU anymore, but that's something I have zero interested in watching.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:04 am

I don't blame ya, I don't either. the stuff today is just a major turn off :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:13 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:22 am

So as I said before, next up would be First Blood. If you have been reading stuff I have said throughout time on the board here then you'll know that this movie is quite special to Me but it's special for many reasons and yet quite different ones that would be considered unique by most. It was the first of many things for Me. The film came out in 1982 so I was extremely young. I was about 4 or so when My Grandpa PoPo was playing his First Blood music score on record on his big custom made sound system. I all of a sudden was dancing to it, he was thrilled about it. I looked at the cover of it and I WAS LITERALLY IN-LOVE with it. I loved the color, the LIGHTNING BOLTS, the forest, the guy holding the gun...WHO WAS HE :?: Here is A great pic that I minorly put together that greatly shows you what the heck attracted a very young Brandon :batshock: :smgasp: :wwshock:

First Blood Poster.jpg

It was the most beautiful thing I had seen even more so than My Dinosaur books :o Later My Grandpa PoPo would tell Me all about it. He explained to Me about the music and who made it. It was by Jerry Goldsmith whom was his favorite. I loved this sound...I danced to it in My kiddie self way for a long time. This is WHY I posted Jerry Goldsmith FIRST in the Composer topic because he became My favorite too and this STILL is as valid NOW as it was way back during those days of yesteryear and this is also WHY I said this was the first music I ever known. It wasn't My Grandpa's other faves John Williams & James Horner or some singer...it was Jerry Goldsmith :!: So that wasn't the only first...this is how I first knew of Sylvester Stallone and he was basically My first hero, I didn't find out about him as Rocky till a while later...I knew him first as RAMBO :!: Since you read My Rocky III and other ones then you pretty much know the rest :)

So first off, 1982 was a huge year, one of My favorites of all, along with First Blood. Rocky III, E.T. The Extraterrestrial, Poltergeist, Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan, John Carpenter's The Thing, Cat People, Conan the Barbarian, Time Walker, The Challenge, The Dark Crystal, Blade Runner and so much more came out. If you never saw any of these great films I seriously recommend them all as they were all superb films and they too all had great score especially ST2 & Conan. I don't know about others but I have always kept up with movies and a lot of other stuff that came out in years since I was young like I did with Wrestling, Boxing & Baseball but since the P!edemic in 2020 that has changed, I really don't keep up with the new stuff anymore :x

So the film's story is fairly simple. A messed up, war-torn Vietnam Vet named John Rambo enters a small town of British Columbia, Canada to visit a fellow army pal. There he finds out he lost a battle of bad sickness. There Rambo drifts off to go elsewhere since there wasn't much else to do. Looking on is a wary Sheriff Teasle. Rambo doesn't talk much when he is asked questions. He's taken down to the precinct station and they treat him like an animal and all hell breaks looks as Rambo goes on the run and its off to hunt for him in the beautiful yet dreaded wilderness!

I always loved how this was. It was one of the first movies of this nature if not the first. It also had a good cast in it as well, some guys that people would know later on in film & TV. Here is these quick pics that just made that shows you some great scenes.

Here we have Sylvester Stallone as the title character RAMBO.. Veteran bad guy actor Brian Dennehy as Sheriff Teasel, Richard Crenna as Col. Trautman (My Grandma MiMi loved Crenna, he was one of her faves), Jack Starrett whom was a big actor that could pull off a lot. David Caruso as Deputy Mitch, he would become a house hold name as he would star in Jade, Proof of Life and become one of TV's most well known faces as Horacio Caine in CSI: Miami :o We also had Chris Mulkey as Deputy Ward that would soon be known for appearances in for Patti Rocks, The Ghost in the Machine, Broken Arrow and Cloverfield!

First Blood Collage 1.jpg

Here is some really cool scenes. I especially love the one when Rambo is running thru the town during the night and you see all the lit-up signs such a Dairy Queen!

First Blood Collage 2.jpg

So now that you know all that so here is the classic trailer, this is pure movie magic and the one that got Me goin' about a lot of great stuff :batsmile:

Here is some of the music that I first heard as I was talking about in My write up, now imagine a 3 or 4 year old boy dancing to this. Well that was Me and now you know how all of this started if you read the top. It's one of My most cherished moments ever. The cue is from Jerry Goldsmith's official YT page. There is so much great works there, full of grand history!

Also from Jerry Goldsmith's official YT is It's A Long Road sung by Dan Hill also composed by Goldsmith. This song is truly remarkable and I have sung it countless times. I danced to this too when I was such a youngster.

As a special bonus, here is My previously seen 12" John Rambo from First blood by Hot Toys...he was My first ever Hot Toys figure!

So that's it for now. I hope you read it from the beginning and gave it all time and enjoyed it. Now you know why First Blood is so special to Me. Next up will be another Stallone film that I nobody ever talks about that is one of My favorites and that is Cobra :o Until then :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:43 pm

I saw, or at least I remember, seeing First Blood Part 2 before First Blood. Part 2 is a good movie, but First Blood is much better story wise. Plus, it has one of my favorite GIF scenes...

I know I saw Rocky III before either Rambo movie, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:55 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:40 am

Huh, how about that. Not A bad choice for a fave gif PB :) Yeah, nothing is OVER is right :roll: Yep, sometimes its awkward who or what you know first. Yes, First Blood has the best story and is the best of the franchise. All of them are great however and surprisingly the last 2 were very good, I was pleased how they ended the series as well.

Gosh, 2 more Summer films. The first one you posted was ok but the other was even better. It had Luke from Star Wars with Janine from Ghostbusters. Oh it was sweet. I really liked Annie Potts, she was such a woman that many guys never thought much of. I mean the way she was in GB 1 was fine but not sexy but the way she was in GBII IMO she was. This Corvette Summer movie she was in I found her hot and really ideal. She would be in other films really good as well. Oh Cars & Love, what a mix ;)

Oh man, I almost missed your Summer Rental trailer :o You posted it like the same time I posted My First Blood write up, see I always look back & try never to skip ;) I loved John Candy, I was a huge fan of his, so sad when he died :roll: Summer Rental wasn't My fave of his but boy did it have its moments like the wrong hotel, Lobster scene, The Belcher watching the Smurfs & I'm Joe Public: Welcome to My Beach, Rip Torn's Scully and the Lady showing everybody her new boobs. There was so much more there including CRENNA! Its really one of the best classic comedies to watch!

Cool PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:25 am

Cool you've seen Summer Corvette. Wasn't even sure if anyone else had even heard of it. Yes, Annie Potts was pretty to look at.

John Candy died way too soon. Even his last film, Canadian Bacon was pretty good and a lot of it was filemd in or around Buffalo/Niagara Falls. But his 80s films are the best. And the Camp Candy cartoon I watched Saturday mornings on NBC when I was young.

Annie Potts was also in Who's Harry Crumb? with Candy. Not my favorite, but I did watch it quite often on HBO back then.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:23 pm

Yep, Oh I know. It was very sad about him. I remember when it. Me & My Grandparents just eat at Steak'n Shake, went We out the door We saw on the newsstand/paper box where you get your news papers right there, the headline on the cover was that John Candy passed away. We were all quite sad that day :roll: His Canadian Bacon film was quite good.

Here is some of the scenes I was talking about from Summer Rental.

Glad you see her like that too. Oh yes, when I was talking about Summer Rental earlier, I thought about Annie Potts in Who's Harry Crumb?, I thought it was pretty good and yes she looked really, really good there, classy hot :batsmile: I really liked Armed and Dangerous too but I have a very special fondness for Uncle Buck, that IMO is his best one :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:04 am

Uncle Buck was one of my faves as a kid. Haven't seen it in years though, really. I didn't post anything yesterday as it was a really busy day, so here's a double feature...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions