Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:10 am

It is but considering its 3 films I could've made it a whole lot bigger :o I like the DCU, I seen all of'em until Wonder Woman 2, still haven't seen that one or any after that. Maybe soon. I really dislike the stuff their doing and what their putting in their hence why they canceled Batgirl yet all the things that guy that plays the Flash has done is still greenlit not to mentioned how they made Superman's son in the comics :roll:

OK, move on, I never seen that Cosby film, I don't think I even knew about it at all or that it even exists :? That's a weird one but looked classic 80s. Cool one PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:20 pm

Leonard Part 6 is awful Truly awful. It's so bad you should try watching it just to see how awful. It was so bad that Cosby himself told people not to waste their money going to see it. Sadly, my parents did not heed that warning.

I didn't even know there was a Batgirl movie in the works until you mentioned it. I just stopped paying attention to all the comic book movie news a longtime ago. I just don't really care anymore.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:46 pm

Gosh, sounds quite interesting there about this Cosby movie. Oh I remember Ponderosa Steakhouse aka Bonanza. My Grandparents loved it but I didn't when I was a kid. I kinda regret it now. That location was right across the street from National & Famous-Barr that I showcased before. The Steakhouse went out of business in the mid 90s and a Blockbuster Video moved in there then they went out a several years later :roll:

Well if you didn't know about the Batgirl and the reason why they cancelled it, I'm not sure how much you know is what is "really" going on in H0lliweird and everywhere else. I couldn't get the guy's name earlier, it's Ezra Miller, he was in the news again who plays the Flash in the Justice League movie. He's done so much over the last few months alone and just now he's charged with a felony burglary. In real life he's quite androgynous, nothing like he is in the film. Kevin Smith (I hated his deceiving MOTU attempt) just spoke and said he can't get over how they cancelled Batgirl yet they are STILL green-lighting The Flash Movie. I mean it had potential to be really good, its was still cannon and MICHAEL KEATON was GOING TO BE BATMAN AGAIN...the movie WAS COMPLETE, ready to be shown on HBO Max...at the last minute...they cancelled it over a transgender character played by a transgender Phillipina! They are trying to shove this down our throats, with everything...in wrestling, TV shows, everything. I have actually been saying about stuff like this off and on for a while now. I don't know if anybody else on here knows what's going on. You do know they turned Superman's Son gay right? I mean its in everything, even Sesame Street :roll: This is only one of the reasons why I say this day & age is so pathetic. You gotta watch what your kids see, I had already talked about Disney and how their sticking things in there...a lot of subliminal sick stuff, Disney has been doing it for decades actually. Their teaching all of this stuff in school to youngsters, drag queens are going to kids' school and teaching them awful things, it's all over YT & Tic-Toc. Oh, Peacock is atrocious, Queer as Folk show and just saw a commercial on there of women talking about their you know whats down there...they say the word and spell it out in big bold letters on screen...I couldn't believe it :shock: You gotta be aware man, it's nothing to take lightly :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: That's all I'm saying.

OK, let's move on, I got a movie in Mind that I have already spoke of that may spawn a few more that I love after that ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:31 pm

Without getting too far out into the woods, I don't really pay Hollywood much attention. I think I can probably count on my hands the amount of current TV shows I watch that aren't reality tv based. The majority of what I DVR are either paranormal, true crime, or competition shows like on Food Network or Impractical Jokers. And as far as movies, if it isn't Star Wars, or a cartoon my kids were interested in, then there's a 99% chance I haven't seen it. I've said it before, somewhere along the lines a few years ago I lost the capacity to sit through two hours of a movie.

And as far as TV, I've reached that age where I'm like my father who was always watching F-Troop or Bonanza reruns when I was a kid, like dad, why do you watch that old crap? But the majority of comedies, especially on the big networks, all look generically bland, and the dramas are Law & Order or medical related stuff, and neither of those really interest me enough to try and differentiate all of them.

I was watching the CW DC stuff until they fired the Elongated Man over dumb tweets, and at that point I decided to stop watching because that kind of cancel crap bothers the hell out of me.

But besides that, I'm more likely to watch Cheers reruns, or checkout what is on the digital antenna than anything on prime time TV.

And as far as comics, I stopped reading them a few years ago after all the reboots and relaunches. At some point they have to garner new readers, and it became clear they weren't writing for guys in their 40s anymore (well, besides Larry Hama, lol) so I just stopped buying them. I may checkout a free copy of the Star Wars books online, and GI Joe, but most of Marvel and especially DC, aren't really interesting to me anymore, which would've been nuts to a younger me who was absolutely absorbed into those worlds. And the movies are a combination of all the above reasons that I don't bother with them anymore. Jason Momoa might be a fine Aquaman, and maybe making him and Namor look more Polynesian makes sense, but to me, Aquaman is a blonde dude. If you can't be that faithful to the character, then you've already lost my interest.

I didn't know anything about a Batgirl or a Flash movie. I didn't even know there was a new Aquaman movie until I recently saw a commercial for it. The superhero movies are just so far off my radar these days, I couldn't care less.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:37 pm

Addendum: just out of curiosity, I went and checked the series manager on my Directv DVR and out of the 93 current series set to record, 4 are current comedies or dramas. Ghosts, The Walking Dead, What We Do in the Shadows, and Better Call Saul. That's it.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:46 pm

OK, the reruns are classic, that's why. Most of it is far better than anything made today. like I said. Be careful, they put stuff in there when you least expect. I know, the superhero movies are a bit repetitive in a way.

Huh, well, I used to be a big TV show then when each one had the same trends and all of this other stuff, it just turned Me off. Every show was the like same :roll:

Oh but you know what...the Polynesian Aquaman in realistic yes but his brother is played by Patrick Wilson who is BLOND in the movie and Dolph Lundgren is also one too! They look like some of the original Aquamen in the comics. It was quite cool about those bonues ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:15 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:21 am

More Olivia Newton-John, shame about her, she was a good actress too. I like Travolta, he makes a real good bad guy. Never been another movie like Grease :!:

Before I get to My next one, here is the scene I was talking about in Aquaman. their not all Polynesian. They didn't ignore the blond haired original concept. I loved it that Dolph Lundgren had a big part here. I loved the creatures they had here especially the Mosasaurs, the creature he rides hiting the sub :!: This was tremendous seeing it on the IMAX screen. Oh and as a side note, the actor that plays Jango & Boba Fett/Clones is Aquaman's daddy in the film. the current DCU is really good. Listen to the music here, it's by Rupert Gregson-Williams, the brother of Harry and composer of Wonder Woman, part of Hans Zimmer's huge group of Media Ventures. This is the sound I was talking about earlier on in the composer topic and the TDKT showcase that is dominated in movies for years now because their all part of the same stable but they are all very fun however!

More coming soon from Me :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:18 pm

My Aquaman is blonde.

Had a dentist appointment yesterday, and since I was talking about musicals with Grease, this seemed like the logiical next up...

One of my favorite movies of the 80s, I still listen to the soundtrack from time to time. This is another one of those that used to be on HBO all the time. Now, whenever I see it listed on TV I get all excited for a moment, but it's always the 1960 film.

As a kid could watch this scene over and over again.

Oh, mama!

But there's a bunch of other great songs besides that

You had Rick Moranis at his comedic apex, Steve Martin, and all the cameos...John Candy, Jim Belushi, Tisha Campbell, Christopher Guest, and Bill Murray. It's like a buffet of great comedic actors.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:07 am

One note I meant to say about TDKT, one thing I think why they chose the same old characters that is always seen in the original series & quadrilogy was because they had a mind set of what sells so they chose characters most people knows, even the novice knows who the Joker is. Not everybody knows who Man-Bat is :roll: We were lucky who we got in Batman Begins. Sometimes I really hate this when companies like Mattel of oh we're not gonna make this because we don't think it will sell. Because of this foolish demeanor people like Me who want different stuff that was never made before, if we didn't have cherry pickers we could have gotten so more awesome stuff but again thank the people and the companies :roll:

Dang, I guess you didn't think that Aquaman clip was awesome and a holy cow moment that Lundgren was in it and what I said about Jango & Boba, shame :roll:

Oh Little Shop of Horrors, a true classic. Jim Henson's creatures were so good like in The Dark Crystal. TLSOH was one of Jim Henson's last great films, the last was TMNT 1990, it was shocking for Me to see the news in that year knowing he left this world :roll: I still prefer practical effects & Muppets over today's CGI. One of the reasons is because you know its real, it's actually there, it's no green screen. The acting was great with like you said PB had a ton of guest stars of the best years of Comedy, when Comedy was ACTUALLY COMEDY. I was a bit surprised how Rick Moranis was, he wasn't the same Louis Tully I once knew. As a youngster I couldn't help but look at Ellen Greene's cleavage but what young guy didn't, still looks good even to this day :o This was Martin's most prestigious role IMO. I listened to the soundtrack a ton as well, I couldn't stopping listening to it and singing the dentist song. I would change My voice to sound like him :shock: The movie was directed by Frank Oz who was a huge part of The Muppets & would become Yoda in Star Wars and was a dear friend of Jim Henson. Speaking of the soundtrack, the music & songs was by Miles Goodman and he was a friend of Oz and he would use him as his composer in the movies like What About Bob?, Teen Wolf, K-9, Muppets and others. Sadly he suddenly passed away in 1996 :roll: Frank Oz would lose 2 of his best friends, Henson in 1990 & Goodman in 1996. It was quite sad about all of this :roll:

So here is My next entry...

Rocky 3 Poster 2.jpg

So when I was a youngster, I ventured into many things early on in My life. [b]Star Wars & Star Trek, Godzilla,
and more but apparently I was looking for heroes, I found the He-Man cartoons on TV which I just loved He-Man then I found ones in movies...one was a guy named Sylvester Stallone. I first saw him as Rambo from First Blood and about the same time as Rocky. If you know My history in the composer topic, My Grandpa PoPo was teaching about how great movie music was and First Blood was really the first one I knew but I got so into Rocky III I just got into the music fairly easily, My Grandpa PoPo was teaching Me well, nobody will ever know how special he was :( So there was other stuff that I liked in the film besides the great music was the fighters. I really liked Rocky, so muscular. I saw Carl Weathers & Mr. T as Apollo Creed & Clubber Lang, they were some of the first black men I had seen in a movie next to Billy Dee Williams' Lando in Star Wars & Ernie Hudson's Winston in Ghosbusters. At this early age I had no prob with different types of people, I thought it was cool and this is when I was beginning to like diversity. However, there was somebody in this film that I just loved, he really changed My need for a hero to the next level, he was called Thunderlips, I found out he was a wrestler played by Hulk Hogan and then I got into wrestling which was filled with tons of heroes, musclemen, savages and all kinds of characters, look at the middle of this showcase for a special on that! I added these guys to My favorites or sorts but also during this time I discovered Arnold Schwarzenegger as Conan & The Terminator and that would also set a new standard for Myself as well as he would truly become My ultimate hero. I must say Talia Shire looks really stunning here, Rocky's Adrian was sure a beauty for sure. So Rocky III was actually the first film of the franchise that I had seen. Later on I would see the first 2 and rewatch the third one and then it was time to see Rocky IV. By this time I knew all about the story and everything else about it. Whenever a new Rocky movie would come out I couldn't wait to see'em, even the recent sequel/spinoff Creed movies. I always find all of the films depressing though, I don't know how anybody cannot watch them, listen to the music and not shed a tear or two :roll:

NOTE: The Rocky movies wasn't the thing that got Me into Boxing, it took a bit more than that. My Grandpa PoPo kept on telling Me how great it was but I was being stubborn and I regret that a lot :roll: However, when George Foreman made his comeback and I found out about Tommy Morrison from Rocky V in 1990, it all changed for Me and We watched HBO, ESPN & Fox Boxing for years until his last days :(

1982 was one of the biggest & grandest movie years in history with entries such as First Blood, E.T., Poltergeist, Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan, John Carpenter's The Thing, Cat People, Conan the Barbarian, Time Walker, The Challenge, The dark Crystal, Blade Runner and so much more. Rocky III was one of the best of the year's lineup. So here is the classic trailer. There's some great moments here but Thunderlips is nowhere to be found, that was always disappointing. I don't know if they wanted him to be a big surpris or if they didn't think it would sell because of how people were about wrestling...I hope it was the former :)

Rocky 3 - Eye of The Tiger training sequence. The song was by Survivor, a rock group that had so much potential yet just dropped off after this hit. This was actually Hulk Hogan's first theme!

So a while back in My great Odds & Ends topic, I showcased some Special Coins & Tokens, with them I had a very unique item that was My...

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
Hulk Hogan Pencil Gripper: I have no clue as to how I got this or where for that matter. I know I was extremely young though :o This is one of the most obscure figurines ever of "The Hulkster". In fact I believe this is My first time I EVER SAW HIM then all of a sudden I started seeing him in Rocky III and in the WWF and he became a huge hero of Mine and the rest is history :batsmile: The sculpt is fairly decent and is reminiscent of his days in AWA & NJPW :!: This is such a wonderful piece of history mark My words :!:

Here is a special collage of Thunderlips that I made. He really wasn't the Hogan we would know in the WWF awhile later. He was still in the AWA, he was actually much taller and bigger too. Over time he would actually shrink due to tons of surgeries. He was close to being a 7-footer, now he's only about 6 foot 4 despite what you read. When he fought the Rock at WMX8, he was listed at 6'7 since his WCW era but really about 6'5 in the WWF/WWE in the 2000s. This is undoubtedly some of My favorite times of Hogan, I mean it's what got My attention about him on film :o

Rocky 3 - Thunderlips 1.jpg

During these Thunderlips days, he was at the pre-beginning of Hulkamania, saying he has the largest arms in the world and does some of his maneuvers such as his leg drop. This is undoubtedly one of the best wrestling scenes in any film and was like the first big one in any movie IMO. This was like the first time when the world of boxing and the world of wrestling collided. The dialog was great & funny too. Thunderlips calling Rocky meatball :lol: Thunderlips' character was actually quite sexual having four lovely blond valets with him and that he is the The Mountain of Molten Lust :!: The match was super fun. If you watch this match and see how Hogan would became a few years later and especially throughout time its kinda surreal about him how much his appearance has changed. The bout was cleverly choreographed from beginning to end. Here is his big moment in the movie!

Bill Conti's Conquest: One thing I loved about the movie and the entire Rocky Series is the musical score. Without this there would be no epic drama. Bill Conti is one of the most underrated of all movie composers. How can you not love his Rocky theme or anything he composed for any of the films for that matter. He just didn't score the Rocky films but many others including the Masters of the Universe 1987 film which is one of My all-time favorite scores and one of the best ever heard but I'll save that for another time. Without a single doubt Conti's best cue for Rocky III is "Conquest", its during the big fight with Rocky & Clubber Lang, its also one of the more emotional & heroic scenes of all in the entire franchise.

Gifs!

So Rocky III would actually continue in a way in wrestling particularly in the WWF. Vinnie Mac would acquire him and he would instantly become a huge success. However, with Titan Sports being the true innovator of PPV and getting the attention of plebeians, he thought lets continue what they did so Rock'N Wrestling just wasn't happening, Rocky III was too with the first Wrestlmania in 1985 because he would hire Mr. T as a special attraction but also part of the main event with "the now" Immortal Hulk Hogan accompanied by "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka in a match against "Rowdy" Roddy Piper & "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff with "The Ace Cowboy" Bob Orton. Amazing we had Thunderlips & Clubber Lang together here :o At Wrestlemania 2 in 1986, Mr. T would return and continue his rivalry with Piper in actual boxing match. These were some of the most classic moments in wrestling period :batsmile:

WM - Hogan & Mr. T & Piper Special 2.jpg

By the way, Happy B-Day to Hulk Hogan, he is 69 today :o

I know this one was kinda big but it's special to Me. if your just now reading this then stop, get to the beginning. We shall see what's next, it might be obvious, until then :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions