Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:04 am

I don't think you need to see both in order to enjoy them. I saw The Color of Money years before I even knew of The Hustler. They're both good films, though. But probably not as interesting if you don't like pool.

Another classic Paul Newman film not named Slap Shot...

And even if you've never seen it, I bet dollars to donuts that some of that sounded familiar....

Now start whistling!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:20 am

I see and I saw neither of those either. Axel Rose :!: Oh I have nothing against Pool, like I said, I never had the opportunities to play it, some times of the past just wasn't right for Me I'm afraid :roll:

Since your talking about Pool, I was thinking of Sledge Hammer, we talked about it before and there is no need to go over it again unless you want to ;) In short it was one of the best TV shows you could ever see in the 80s IMO far better than anything in recent times and it's one of those that is sadly forgotten about unless it's people like Us :)

IMO, the best Pool scenes ever was in this particular episode of Sledge Hammer. I couldn't find the individual scenes I wanted but their in this entire episode, stuff like this goes by so fast and makes you want more :batsmile:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:34 pm

I shot a lot of pool in my younger days. We used to go to the pool hall as teens and you could play by the hour. Then we all thought it would be a good idea to go to the same university and take the same morning class that had 300 students and no attendance taken. So 75% of the time we cut class, went to Burger King on campus for breakfast and then to the Student Union to play pool. Not surprisingly, most of my friends flunked out after their freshmen year. Somehow I made it, though.

Sledge Hammer was ahead of it's time.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:37 am

Yeah, sounds fun. I never saw Rollebrall nor the remake.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:35 am

Yeah, I wouldn't put either high on any list, either.

I recently started watchjng reruns of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Comedy Central weekday mornings. Not sure how I missed it when it originally aired, but that show is hilarious. I'm on season 3 and it's easily working its way toward my top-10. Anyway, it made me think of this movie because...

And of course, years before Disney started cranking out cartoons with chart-topping tie-in songs, there was this gem you couldn't escape on the radio in 1986.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:34 am

American Tail was pretty good. Oh I seen B99 when it first aired but when things was changing around the house and elsewhere I wasn't into comedy anymore. It's really good and has it moments. I watched the first few seasons. My fave character was by Melissa Fumero's Det. Santiago.

Good'ol Disney.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:22 pm

I kind of dig Gina Linetti. I think it's the sarcastic humor.

Did someone say sequel?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:47 am

Yeah she's good too. I think the first thing I saw her in was The World's Dumbest on TruTV which I loved those shows.

The American Tale films were fine. The score for both films were by the the late great James Horner, I just talked about him in that Battle Beyond the Stars special that I spotlighted a while back. I hope people has respected him since his tragic passing in 2016 cause he did so much great stuff :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:47 am

I remember the name.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:13 am

I would hope so and that it was more than that, I just posted that special. I never saw Shark's tale. It was one of the few animated films from the early 2000s that I missed.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions