Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:23 pm

What's funnier than vinyl chloride?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:46 am

Not much :roll: Oh and the thing is it was even filmed in Ohio :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh: It seems like they gotta have another film titled something that's already been done too cause I thought heck, they already made a movie called White Nose that starred Michael Keaton and this was a paranormal film. I wasn't sure if you'd post it or not and here you did ;) It was a fairly good film and it was different for Keaton despite he was Beetlejuice. It had some moments that you weren't expecting. It was during the time when the slasher flick was coming to a close and the paranormal movie and stuff with today's modern style was becoming a big hit. This film came out in the huge movie year of 2005 which because of massive films like SW:EP3, War of the Worlds, Narnia, King Kong 05 & Batman Begins, a movie like this just wound up in the mid-card if you will.

OK, so now here we go with this special I was talking about now and I will appreciate you to follow Me here step by step with this journey that I have known for ages since the late 80s :)

packerbacker180 wrote:

OK, here is the poster from the above 1980 film. The music was by the late great James Horner which if he hadn't done this it would have been most likely he would have never done the iconic music for 1982's Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan & 1983's Star Trek III: The Search For Spock :!: You can hear his great BBTS theme in the background as this was during a time when they put the movie's actual score within the trailer (it's a very rare thing now) :o

It may seem like I'm going off topic a bit but I'm not, BBTS is sometimes associated with...

Humanoids From The Deep (1980). The music is also by James Horner. and is featured with the trailer. I will say further why they are associated with each other in a bit which it makes this deal even more a big factor :?

NOTE: Trailer has Nudity.

There was many space films that was in the early 80s that was produced by the legendary Roger Corman. I posted some of his cool spooky sci-fi films in the My Horror Topic a while back. These films used many STOCK FOOTAGE within them from Battle Beyond the Stars :shock: 40 years ago this year in 1983, Space Raiders came out and it acted like it was it's own new film but it was heavy on the BBTS stock footage. BBTS as well as Space Raiders had some really great looking effects and some really dandy characters, I would have loved it if a toy company such as Kenner would've got the licences to make them so Us kids of the 80s could cross them over with Our Vintage Kenner Star Wars figures, imagine that :batsmile:

Now the thing is, these films just didn't used the BBTS stock footage, it also used the ENTIRE score from it as well :batconfused: :wwhuh: :smhuh: It's in the trailer too :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: It was only 3 or so years since BBTS, surely they thought people would notice...I mean I sure did :)

Now here is Wizards Of The Lost Kingdom 1985, this was one of the countless sword & sorcery films of the 80s, this too used the BBTS & HFTD score too :o

Now here is arguably the biggest one of all. I have seen this fun 1988 film many times, it usually goes by Andy Colby's Incredible Video Adventure but I didn't know the film by that title as I knew it by this one... Andy and the Airwave Rangers in 1989. I talked about this very briefly in My Odds & Ends showcase Glory Days of Video Rentals when My Grandma rented it for Me over at Movie King :) I really liked it, it's truly THE ULTIMATE VHS STORY-DRIVEN FILM :!:

Now the film has many factors about it. 1. It goes by 2 different names. 2. It uses STOCK FOOTAGE from all the films I just posted above and acts like their new films. 3. The kids in Space Raiders & WOTLK has been replaced by the boy in this movie :shock: The big MAJOR factor is that it uses James Horner's BBTS score but it also uses his HFTD score as well :o

These movie companies sure saved the time & moolah of not only using stock footage but also using the same music too. I have no clue how many people noticed all of this much less watched all of these films and put it all together nor what they think. For Me it was always interesting and fun to know and to point out about this crazy stuff. I mean I was already a huge James Horner fan with his Aliens & Willow scores. Like Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, Danny Elfman & Alan Silvestri, Horner was one of the "true" movie composer Elites and I knew his music when I heard it cause nobody had a style like his and he was arguably the best of all :)

So here we are back to the WHY BBTS & HFTD are associated with each other and it's just not because of the films I posted above. Long ago GNP Crescendo released a double soundtrack feature of both of them together (they did this a lot back in the day, I love the one they did with Jerry Goldsmith's Capricorn One & Outland!) :shock: Both of these were James Horner's earliest works which were basically his first he ever did, unlike most composers, he really didn't evolve, he had his style right away with a big bang and just got better & better, that's one of the key factors of what made made his so darn good :)

So here is James Horner's Battle Beyond the Stars theme. If it sounds like Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan your not mistaken, he did that 2 years later and this is why he was chosen to write that awesome music because of his BBTS music and like I said earlier, if he didn't compose that, we would have never gotten the tremendous treat that is ST2:TWOK:!:

So here's James Horner's HFTD. He really wasn't a horror composer but boy he could muster up some good spooky stuff when he was hired too :)

So there's that. I hope I surprised or educated somebody here and enjoyed all of this trivia cause I really haven't spoken to many people about this outside My Family and really throughout My entire life I have only talked to a handful of people about movie scores & composers and such, I find that really sad :roll: There's more trailers and little events I'll post later when I have time :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:48 pm

Interesting info. Don't think I ever heard or seen any of those films, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:45 am

Indeed it is. Yeah, probably a lot of people I'm afraid :roll:

The Dream Team was ok, it didn't have the most delightful story and to think Keaton was Batman this very same year of 1989 :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:58 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:02 am

This is one of Keaton's that I missed, I may see it later on. Since we're on this Keaton trend, I thought heck I gotta post My own entry of a great movie that he was in that I have always loved...it's called...

Pacific Heights 1.jpg

Keaton is a maniac in this romantic thriller. This is one of his best films and I believe this was the first time I saw Melanie Griffith & Mathew Modine. The legendary Mako is in this too, I had already seen him in Conan the Destroyer previously. The movie was a part of a huge great lineup of films in 1990 which is arguably My fave movie year of all. The movie teases to be really bleak with it's dark atmosphere :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

Now one thing that I have always loved about the film was it's score by Hans Zimmer, Me & My Grandma would listen to it quite a bit in her Garfield Express, she really loved it and really liked Zimmer too :)

Pacific Heights 2.jpg

This was his first major score for a film and boy is it a great one. He already had hints of his future Media Venture Sound here. On the CD there is only four tracks but their all around 10 minutes. That's one thing I always loved about Zimmer is that his cues are always lengthy and you get a great amount of music from him. I love how his music tracks rolls into another on CD as well. Listen to this superb track. It was still during a time when cool romance stuff was happening. The track is absolutely stunning when it hits 4:34 and then when 5:10 happens it's absolutely remarkable :!: If I would ever have a time with woman and we'd be doin' good, I play this music for her & with her, I find it so wowing :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:46 am

Lol, that sure sounds like a fun time in the movie. I haven't seen that one in decades, honestly.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:45 am

Oh yes, there's a lot there :batwink:

I'm actually not familiar with Bye, Bye Love. It looks ok with nice cast including Modine & Quaid plus Reiser there. Garofalo is cool. I got mixed emotions about Reiner.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:23 am

I remember renting it when it came out, but yeah, Reiner is a tool. Once a meathead, always a meathead.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:13 am

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions