Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:23 am

Ah Starcrash, that isn't one of'em I was talking about. I have only seen clips & the trailer of the film, I gotta see it in it's entirety one of these days. I see films like that and still think the special effects is better than today's CGI :batwink:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:57 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:09 am

I never gave Barbarella a chance though I should. Its one of the few films of this female sci-fi nature I haven't seen which I miss movies like this where the women were sultry, hot and could fight and still could be a great hero (today's day & age sees and does this all wrong now IMO). With that being said I was never a Jane Fonda fan, I hated the way she was with Billionaire Ted Turner and his Atlanta Braves :x This does look like a good movie however with decent visuals & effects :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:46 pm

I've never seen it either. And I'm no fan of Fonda as well.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:53 am

How about that ;)

Ah Muppets from Spaces, yep, even The Muppets went there :batshock: :wwshock: :smwink: This was arguably the best one and it was amazing how classic it was to the original material despite it coming out in 1999, basically the last year of classic stuff. Cool PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:02 pm

I thought we covered this already, but didn't see it in the thread...

Man, this trailer gives away way too many gags.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:54 pm

Yes, I DID a bit in My main SW topic cause I showcased My great VHS :) Spaceballs is one of the best quality comedies you could ever watch IMO and it just had it's 35th anniversary last year :o
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:33 pm

Ah, that makes sense. I knew we had it somewhere. May the Schwartz be with you!
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:53 pm

Good :) Spaceballs is one of the best quality comedies you could ever watch IMO and it just had it's 35th anniversary last year :o

Here is a compilation of some funny stuff. Ronda Shear makes a cameo in the diner...The Alien scene at the end was quite a surprise to Me back then cause I already knew Alien & Aliens and it was really cool that they got the same guy John Hurt to play Kane, it was so rad for Me back then :batsmile:

However, I didn't know the Planet of the Apes. I knew very little about them and saw the scene but "DIDN'T KNOW" anything about it then before I saw Tim Burton's remake in 2001 I saw the films so I could compare to it then I became a huge POTA fan (look for a big showcase of Apes in My Modern Topic soon!) then I watched Spaceballs again then THAT SCENE made total sense to Me and the movie was like complete now since I understood that part :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:48 pm

Spaceballs is a near perfect screwball comedy. I was just enough to get most of the humor. 1987 was a great year for comedies.

Now you gotta ask yourself, "is he shifting gears to Mel Brooks movies or westerns?" Guess you'll have to tune in tomorrow to find out!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions