Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:17 am

Huh, I did not know that PB :o Space Pirates was good and looked dent too. I know some cool space films like that of the 80s as well but I'll get into them later PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:25 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:11 am

Flash Gordon is one of the most underrated sci-fi & comic movies ever IMO. My Grandpa grew up with the comics and he took My Mom to see the film at the show when it came out in 1980, he was quite excited about it. Then when I came along and was old enough to appreciate it, he told Me all about it and was waiting for it to be on TV. Then It finally had it's world premier TV showing and he told Me wait until you see this and wait till I hear the music by Queen and Howard Blake. I knew nothing of the character nor story cause I wasn't into comics till later. Well when I saw it We recorded it and I loved it. I watch it many times on VHS. I loved the music by Queen & Blake, its a rare thing that a rock group like Queen wrote a score with an additional composer at hand. This is how I first knew Queen, I knew their wonderful music for Flash Gordon before their stuff like Bohemian Rhapsody :o In My young mind I thought this Flash character looked like He-Man cause I already knew He-Man a very long while before this. In fact I believe since I did and that I loved Star Wars, that's why My Grandpa KNEW I would love Flash Gordon cause I could relate to it all :( I had a crush on Melody Anderson as Dana Arden, she was one of the sweetest females I saw in a film then :) I loved Emperor Ming, still to this day IMO he remains one of the most exciting villain ever in a movie :batwink:

Now there's one character in the film played by the late great William Hootkins. He is famously known as Jek "Red 6" Porkins in SW: EP4. However, many people don't acknowledge his feats. He's the only actor that was in a Star Wars (Red 6 Porkins), Indiana Jones 1 (Major Eaton), Flash Gordon (Munson), Superman (Harry Howler) & Batman film :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: As good as his other roles are, he will always be Lieutenant Eckhardt in Batman 89, I found him so cool :batsmile:

William Hootkins 1.jpg
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:30 am

I didn't know that about Porkins. That's a neat bit of trivia.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:28 am

Indeed it is PB ;) Ah, good ol' Buckaroo :!: Amazing how this was before Weller's RoboCop days :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:30 pm

I still can't believe I grew up never knowing there was a Buck movie. I just assumed there was the TV show. I still need to watch this, I've had it on my computer just haven't watched it yet. Man, I loved the TV show. I'd be all in if they ever made a modern action figure line that wasn't something like Super7 for $50. I contaced someone on Etsy a few months ago that had 3D printed celebrity heads for sale for like $12 each, asking if they could make Gil Gerard and Erin Grey. They said any customs request were $125. So, still waiting on someone to 3D print them (and Bea Arthur). Anyway...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:58 am

Oh yes that is good too. See what I'm saying, instead of all of these companies making the same stuff over again they should make this, I 'm sure there's others besides you that would buy them but hopefully somebody will step up to the plate and do it and yes, I know about the customs, been there done that about the prices but if you give it a shot and looked good you may find somebody very decent ans affordable like I did ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:34 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:04 am

I knew you were gonna do this cause its an obvious space film if your into sci-fi and the like so oh yes, there's some huge history that I've known for a long time with BBTS, it includes a few more films, I recently watched it all together not long ago which I wanted to talk about sometime here. Maybe you know about it or perhaps not, it involves a lot including the composer the late great James Horner which he is a major key here. I'll post a large write up about the whole thing soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:07 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions