Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:13 am

Yep. I already spotlighted Cool as Ice before but thinking of it now, it's like I did that before I did TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze :shock: Cool as Ice is an excellent movie, Yes, 91 was fun. Oh I'm sure a lot of people did. I did have My hair like that. I had mentioned before that My Mom was in beauty school next to Star Video. She was really good at that stuff. She cut My hair like weekly, she even shaved in those designs on the side & back of My head and I digged how I looked and that is no joke ;)

Okay, here's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles in Time from 1993 :)

Now this is My least fave of the three but it's pretty good. What makes this one lesser than the others is that this one lacks any new mutants. It's kinda like a TMNT toy series with variants of the Turtles and no new villains :roll: Also, the puppeterring here I have always found not as good as the others especially with Splinter. Keno isn't here however Casey Jones & April return as well as Corey Feldman as the voice of Donatello. Here's the trailer.

Here's this scene when the Shogun/Samurai are in the future. The movie hyped up "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora from 1985. Remember when "Jungle Boy" Jack Perry used this...he wasn't even a thought when this movie came out much less when the song came out :o

Unfortunately no Cue from John Du Prez which the two I provided from TMNT 2 are so darn awesome. Here's this very short commercial about the Soundtrack.

Now I plan on posting the song from the movies in time in My Classic Music Videos Topic soon. Tomorrow I'm going to spotlight the 4th in this franchise...yes, they made a 4th one in the same universe and you might be surprised about it :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:55 pm

I totally forgot about this one. I was 15 by then and would've had zero interest in the Turtles. So funny thing, Directv has free movie channels this weekend and I always look to see if there's anything interesting and I came across a newer film that sounded interesting called Snack Shack, and then what year does the story take place? Well...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:29 am

How about that. Yeah, it's the least memorable on many people's lists. I remember how DirectTV would have previews of channels. My Grandma would take advantage of that. Most memorable one she did was Turner Classic Movies. I never knew about that movie Snack Shack. It looks like it could be 1991 but one thing that get's Me about all of these retro movies is how they act. I mean there was big difference how people were then and now in many categories and those youngsters there weren't around that time to know how it was.

Okay, so now here's this one. You may not know about it. Instead of rebooting the franchise in the movie universe like they did with the 2003 animated series, they would make a new movie that would be CGI animated and also be in the same universe as the previous three that I just spotlighted which is wonderful :shock: because of the CGI, the Jim Henson feel is there and the overall atmosphere has changed. It came out in 2007 and it's simply called TMNT :!:

I never seen the movie before till I got a special DVD 4-pack with all four of the films around a decade or so ago. It was pretty pleasing. The animation & overall designs is nice. Here's all 4 TMNT plus Splinter, April O'Neil & Casey Jones.

It was cool that Karai took-over after The Shredder :wwwink:

It was also cool that there was some new characters & villains here as well with different situations and a deep plot.

Here's the teaser :shock:

Here's the actual trailer :!:

The music is great by one of Hans Zimmer's colleagues, Klaus Badelt :!:

Now tomorrow will be the first film of the reboot :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:26 am

I think I've seen this one. Not when it came out but years later when the last TMNT cartoon aired on Niceklodeon and my kids were younger, I'm pretty sure this aired on Nick and we watched it. That Snack Shack is on later today so I
m going to DVR it and maybe give it a try.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:33 am

Okay good. It probably was on Nick. I think 2007 was around the time Nick got the license to air new Turtles. Okay, well see how it is whenever :)

Oh, The Crazies. What a movie that was. That's a remake which i never seen the original. I saw the new when it came out in 2010 which was a huge movie year. It was some movie to see on the big screen. I may post further about this in My Horror Topic. I got the score not too long before I saw the film and I really liked it. It was by Mark Isham who did Point Break & Fire in the Sky among others. Here's this sample from his official YouTube of his great horror music :blbat:

Now I'm going to start with the reboot movies starting with the first one that came out in 2014...10 years ago this year. I saw this one when it came out as well.

The reboot is ok. It has some great moments then it has some really lackluster ones too. Megan Fox plays April. Shredder is great but far different than how he was in the original two films. One thing I liked about the actual Turtles is that their all different in size. Mikey is small and Raph is huge for example. The movie tends to be more comedy than the others and really lacks the awesome atmosphere the originals had. Here's the trailers.

NOW here's this that is REALLY COOL. The music was by Brian Tyler. I told you I'll be be posting more about him. Rather than post a video with just an album cover, I chose this from his official YT. It's this recording session of him conducting his own score. As I said before, not every composer conducts their own score. You get a good look at him and how such good music is performed :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:10 pm

These Turtle movies I have not seen even though the one car chase was actually filmed in Buffalo.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:23 am

I've never seen It's Always Fair Weather. That was a really cool news clip there. I've never been to New York but I can totally relate to it and appreciate that cool stuff. It looks no different than St. Louis's news clips to Me. Thanks for showing me that clip :) That scene there they were shooting is very pivotal in/to the movie. So now here he I go with the sequel to the reboot. It's called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Out of the Shadows. It came out 2016, part a big lineup of films and I saw it at the show and really it was a surprising film that was great :)

It continues where the first one left off. It's an extremely fast paced film. Megan Fox & Will Arnett reprise their roles.
Stephen Amell plays Casey Jones. Shredder & Karai are played by different people. This time and FINALLY we get Bebop & Rocksteady :o WWE wrestler Sheamus plays Rocksteady which you'd think it would be the opposite since Bebop has a Mohawk. Finally Baxter Stockman is in it too and so is KRANG whom is the real big villain of the film :o Laura Linney of Congo & Mothman Prophecies is also in the film. It's way more satisfying than the first one and tries its best to be & feel like the second film in the original series in 1991. Here's these two trailers :)

Here's this TV Spot of The Chase & Stephen Amell as Casey Jones :!:

Now, here's this scene. After the big chase, Shredder escapes but not where he wanted to go. He went to Dimension X and meets The Krang :!: Just by watching this scene you'll see how fast the pace is and how there is really no character development here. Now GET THIS...Krang is voiced by none other than Everybody Loves Raymond's BRAD GARRETT...watch & listen :shock:

Now yesterday I provided a special clip of Brian Tyler conducting his score for the first movie. I hope you appreciated that because back in the day before YouTube, seeing Composers in action much less an interview was a very big rarity. Now, Tyler didn't score this sequel as Steve Jablonsky was hired. Really I'm glad he was because Steve has this really cool retro style about him. He's arguably My fave out of all of the Remote Control Productions guys which is Hans Zimmer's company. Jablonsky has done a lot for Hasbro including most of The Transformers Franchise & Battleship and horror reboots for Friday the 13th & A Nightmare on Elm Street. I'm going to provide these 2 Cues from his official YT. First, here's Shredder's Escape which again plays during the chase from the aforementioned clips which is a very action packed Track :)

Now here's Jablonsky's theme for KRANG :!: Ah man I absolutely adore this. It fades-in really low but get's louder as the theme builds up. You can clearly hear how Jablonsky is aiming it to sound of the 80s. I love how this is slow-paced. This is one of My all-time favorite Cues from any score...listen to this superbly fun piece :)

It's such a darn shame they never made another one after this and decided to reboot the franchise yet again...so darn disappointing because the movie ended with so many questions unanswered :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Well, that will do it for all of the TMNT films that I've seen. I hope you liked all of that :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:57 am

Oh, I'm not really a fan of that version of Krang. Just meh. I didn't see any of these films because in all honesty they didn't look that good to me. Action movies in those years were too much about special effects and CGI, kind of like The Rise of Skywalker there was no real story just a breakneck speed to jam as much in as possible even if none of it mattered or made sense. Terrible years IMO.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:02 am

I know what you mean about the CGI and stuff. I've thought the same thing but don't let that stop you from seeing the second movie, it's very fun especially since Sheamus & Amell are in it :)

I never knew about Imaginary coming out this year, that looked good. Yet another one by Blumhouse :blbat:

Okay, so that was it for the TMNT movies. Here's this Martial Arts action classic from 1982, 42 years ago this year. This movie stars Scott Glenn and it was one of his only films like this...it's called The Challenge :!:

This movie was awesome. The fighting & sword wielding is superb. Here's the trailer :)

The score is by Jerry Goldsmith. He did this the same year as he did First Blood. This Cue even sounds like it could belong there some where. Listen to this, this such a fantastic reason why Goldsmith is My fave :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:25 pm

Can't say I've seen that one. They sure did say...The Challenge...enough, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions