Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:33 am

Sorry, I've been a but busy lately, I'll reply to No Holds Barred later today. Was just watching Magnum PI. For many years my fantasy baseball team's name was Free Mustache Rides...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:02 am

First off, I can't believe you've never seen Office Space. Anyone who has ever had a menial job needs to see it. Strangely, it seems guys like it more than women. My wife isn't a fan of it even though we saw it the theatre. And Jennifer Aniston isn't really in it a ton, I wouldn't call it her movie or anything. You should give it a watch.

I haven't seen No Holds Barred in ages, probably since it came out. It might be time to give it another view. I didn't know Jim Johnston did the music. That's cool. He made some of the best themes in the Attitude Era and beyond. I think AEW has been doing better themes since Johnston left the WWE. I remember thinking Zeus was going to be a big WWF star, but it never really happened.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:05 am

OK. Sounds like a good team :) Well I never seen it for reasons PB. I may look into it one day ;) I have seen a lot but not everything and again it may surprise you what I have and haven't seen which I'm sure goes the same for you. You think that is something My neighbors that I talked about before that poisoned the area...when I saw the Last Jedi at the show in 2017, I saw the husband there and said hello to him and I said are you here to see Star wars and he said nope, I asked why and he said I've NEVER SEEN STAR WARS and I was like why, do you know the characters and he really didn't answer accept like it's not My thing and it was time to go see the film om the IMAX. See there :o

Yep, Johnston did and yes he is a great composer. So many memorable themes especially during the old days of the 80s & early 90s. Oh I would see the film again, its such a classic.

Oh Mr. Baseball was really cool. One of the funnest BB films. 1992, 30 years ago this year :o This was during when BB was huge in Japan. It had an excellent score by legend Jerry Goldsmith, its so baseball authentic with great Japanese tones too! Coincidence about Selleck in a bit.

Oh boy, Kindergarten Cop. I have a big connection with this film. I have seen it tons of times. One of the best films ever IMO and one of My faves. It had a great score by Randy Edelman. Maybe one day I will elaborate more on it :)

OK about Selleck, I don't know if you know he was the leading choice to play Indiana Jones but they chose Harrison ford instead :?: Recently I just saw his film called Runaway, its a sci-fi classic of 1984 of all years...Orwellian...need I say more :? It starred Selleck, Cynthia Rhodes, Kirstie Alley, Stan Shaw & Kiss' Gene Simmons and many more. It was actually written & directed by Michael Crichton who wrote the Jurassic Park & Congo books/films among others. The movie was one of so many during the robot craze years and is predictive programming at its finest :shock:

So My small connection with this film is My Grandpa got the great soundtrack of it by Jerry Goldsmith not to long after it came out. He wanted Me to get into it as well as the movie like We did with First Blood. I didn't and I really regret that :roll: Unfortunately sometimes I could be a such a jerk brat when I was a youngster :x Well, I only listen to the score slightly then and only watched a bit of it with him and We never saw it again together and so regret that :( Now the score is priceless and so is the film :!:

Here is a tiny bit of it.

Trailer

Here is a suite by the legendary Jerry Goldsmith whom is Our favorite. With everything I posted about him I hope you recall his great sound. Runaway has such wonderful score, you can hear the wonderful 80s within it especially in the first 4 minutes :)

If you never saw the film I suggest you do. I don't know if you know about TUBI :?: Its free and has a ton of older classics but it does have short ads however but its all legit and there is NO SIGN UP. Like Peacock its on your Roku so its really convenient to watch on your big TV. I wouldn't pass up TUBI for 1 second :!: Later :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:55 pm

I know I've seen that movie long ago but can't really recall much about it. I'd hear about Selleck and Indy. He was filming Magnum PI and CBS wouldn't let him do a movie at the time. I like Tom Selleck but not sure those movies would be the same with him in the role.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:28 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:03 am

OK. Indeed. Well there's a scene near the climax where you can see why he was inline for Indy with his climbing.

Overboard was ok, its not My fave even though I'm a big Kurt Russell fan. The Thing was great but My fave movie with him in it and one of My faves of all-time is Big Trouble in Little China, later I gotta do those especially BTILC!

Ah the Muppet movie. A great classic. My Mom recorded it for Me on VHS when I was a youngster and I used to watch it all the time. The little love scenes with Kermit & Miss Piggy always made Me sad especially the one when their in the diner and Steve Martin as the waiter. Its how the moon looks and how Kermit & Piggy had such chemistry together, makes Me wanna cry just thinkin' about it :( I don't know why, it's always been that way with Me. Again, funny you posted this cause this particular scene just all of sudden popped in My mind a couple days ago and I wondered why :? Oh I really liked Charles Durning as Doc Hopper, a great villain :)

Goon entries here PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:42 pm

Perhaps the greatest movie ever??????

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:25 am

I don't know about the greatest EVER but it was good. Gosh, 92, 30 years ago this year :o I was used to all that Italian stuff for years after my Father Buddy cause My Mom's boyfriend Jasper (I've talked about him before on the board, he had his moments) was Italian and his family was similar like this. Pesci coming off from his hilarious Home Alone days. I believe this was the first film I saw Marisa Tomei in. I had a thing about her very briefly but HER LOOK got My attention of Italian women later on :batsmile:

OK, here's a bit of a trivia moment of Mine now check this. Remember the Indy wrestler The Reckless Youth back in the 90s :?: Well, remember the scene when Fred Gwynn says what is a "Yout" :? Well whenever I would talk about him in My wrestling books & online to My Grandma MiMi, she'd tease Me about YOUT, RECKLESS YOUT whenever I would say his name :!: She got that from My Cousin Vinny :lol: I thought I'd note that here :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:29 am

Ah the two Yutes is a classic line.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:01 am

Indeed. I actually never saw The Super, never got a round to it but it looked good.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions