Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:40 am

Well Father's Day is tomorrow and when Fathers in movies are concerned, very few match up to Ben Healy played by John Ritter ;) Now I agree with you on that but then I beg the differ about some the sequels. I find many of them better such as Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones, Aliens, Predator 2, T2, Mummy Returns etc.

Huh, what a pairing of Trump & Guevara :shock: Holy gosh, I never seen nor knew about ZARDOZ...I gotta check that one out one day :o

Okay, here's the sequel. Now really I don't find this one better but there is some stuff that is way more hilarious...it's really a messy movie which you'll see what I mean a moment :)

This came out in 1991. They filmed this back to back with the first in 1990. I really like it when they do that instead of waiting years or even decades :roll: Amy Yasbeck is in this too but she's actually a different character and Glbert Gottfried is even crazier :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Here's the trailer :!:

Now while Ben Helay is like one of the most ideal father figures you can ever see, on the other hand, his Daddy Big Ben Healy is quite the opposite however I always found him hilarious :o :lol:

Here's the insane Vomit Ride Scene :o :batshock: :wwlol: :smsmh:

The Food Fight scene with the Meatball in between the boobs :o :lol:

Gifs :o :lol:

So tomorrow I'm going to feature a movie I briefly talked about in one of My Vintage Action Figure Showcases a long while back. I saw this movie with My Dad around the time I saw Big Trouble in Little China with him. Like that time, it was a very good moment. I'll let you be surprised of what it is tomorrow so be at the ready for it ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:05 pm

I'd never heard of Zardoz either. I saw a custom someone did of Sean Connery's character and had to google it because it was unfamiliar to me. That led me to Zardoz. That's why yesterdays posts were brought to you by the letter Z.

I love both John Ritter and Gilbert Gottfried. Completely different comedic stylings, but both were always funny.

Helen Hunt is 61 today!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:36 am

Oh I see :lol: Huh, yeah I figured that Helen Hunt was in her 60s. She was so darn good in Twister. I've seen the previews of the Curse of the Jade Scorpion but I've never seen it though. I know it came out in the massive movie year of 2001. That Hypnotize stuff just ain't for the movies...just ask Al Roker :o

Happy Father's Day :) Now, here is a very special spotlight that is dedicated to My Father Paul but everybody called him Buddy...even Me :roll: I know many times I speak kinda negative about him but I try not too. Last month in May was his Birthday and I never said anything about it :roll: So, if you recall, last year I made a big spotlight of Big Trouble in Little China and I had explained that if it wasn't for that night when I visited him I would have never seen the movie and and even if I had I wouldn't be the huge fan of the movie that I am today...it would have been like how did I miss this :?: I truly believe that :) It's one of My all-time fave movies and if you didn't see My great spotlight...you can go to this link right right here---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-discussions/this-thread-has-not-yet-been-rated-movie-trailers-t1254-650.html

Now, I'm going to speak of a similar time like that with My Dad :) He was apparently flipping through channels which and he was like hey Brandon in his Stallone-like voice...check out this movie, I think you'll like it. This was on HBO or Showtime. I was like oh boy, look at this, Robots and Ninjas :o Here's this movie that came out in 1986, it's called The Eliminators...here's the rad poster :!:

So it's about an injured pilot that becomes a Cyborg called The Mandroid which this predates 1987's RoboCop :shock: He joins a band of heroes including a Scientist Beauty, a Mercenary, a Ninja and a Robot. They are played by Andrew Prine, Denise Crosby, Patrick Reynolds and Conan Lee on many adventures to stop an evil Scientist :!:

Crosby looks really good and has a teasing, somewhat hot scene :batwink:

The great Martial Artist Conan Lee really shines here :!:

The villain is played by Roy Dotrice whom is really good. He's extremely powerful :!:

I love the scene when you see the scenes of the Prehistoric times...it resembles the scene from My Science Project. This was so short but great :)

Eliminators 1.jpg

The movie is produced by Charles Band of Full Moon Pictures whom I've spoke of many times previously. This is from his other company Empire Pictures. Here's the trailer :)

Here's the TV Spot :!:

Here's the Ending Theme by Bob Summers :!:

Now, I posted this in My Vintage Action Figure Topic a long while back. I don't know if anybody remembers this or not. Check this special one out :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Special Goin' down Memory Lane Section!

At around the same time I got Lord Dread the Evil Mastermind from Captain Power, I thought he resembled The Mandroid from the quite underrated sci-fi action movie called The Eliminators from 1986. I had just loved that movie then when I was little and this has always stuck with Me ever since :o

So that was My special for Father's Day. I know I suuslay just talk about My Grand PoPo whom was the dada I never had and My best friend but the moments that I saw this with My Dad is still with Me and I will never let go. Later on like Big Trouble in Little China, I wanted to rent this and I believe We found it over at Annie Burke's Daughter's Movie Mogul :) Many years later I bought it on VHS, it was a super rarity so it was starting to fall in limbo then :roll: Now I presented 1986's The Eliminators here so it will be known a bit more and hopefully will be talked about more than I think :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:38 pm

I've never heard of that movie but it makes me thing of Kickpuncher.

No really interesting celeb birthdays today beyond Tupac and Missy Peregrym, so let's do something dad related...or kind of...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:18 am

Yes, I didn't think you would have heard of it. It's always been one of those good ones that fell to the realm of Oblivion :roll: I see what you mean about Kickpuncher :shock: :lol: Oh Tupac :roll: Oh Missy is pretty nice :batwink:

I just saw this on Bing, I'm sure your kids are biting at the bit to see it ;)
Inside Out 2 - 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:55 pm

The first one was pretty good. My daughter actually went with friends to see it this afternoon. She's not back yet so can't report on it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:33 am

I see..how about that :shock: Well when you get the report in talk about it :) I never seen A New Leaf, I'm not sure if I knew about it at all :shock:

Now here's something big and maybe something unexpected and maybe you were waiting for it :?

packerbacker180 wrote:So, I was watching Clue today, which is a terrific 80's movie. I would've been 7 when it came out way back in 1985. I remember my parents renting the VHS tape and we watched it multiples times. Especially the last half hour when they race around the mansion trying to solve who did it. And of course, it was one of those films that was eternally on HBO back in the day so I've seeen it too many times to count. What an all-star cast.

And I started to wonder what the trailer must've been like, and it got me thinking about movie trailers in general, and how some of my favorite older flicks had trailers I've never seen. What were they like? Did they do a good job of representing what the film was? I've seen previews that looked good where the movies turned out to be real poodoo. So, similar to the toy commercials thread I'm going to toss up a movie trailer probably every day and we'll see how fun it goes. Feel free to add your own choices.

Ok, seriously, here's the trailer to 1985's Clue...

There, better now?

packerbacker180 wrote:Image

So why did I just quote that from the beginning of the page and elsewhere :? That's because I finally watched the movie Clue :o

Me & My Mom watched it together on Peacock :) I must say it was a good movie and presented the great Parker Brothers game well. There was so many gags and elements that I noticed that was done in The Three Stooges, in fact a lot of this reminded Me of their great 1945 episode If a Body Meets a Body...that aired before a few years before the Board Game Clue was released :shock: So I would imagine anybody that knows the Three Stooges would have noticed this. Also as I said before before, the 80s were obsessed with the 50s, again another 1985 film that takes place in 1954, so many there were like Back to the Future was 1985, much of took place in 1955 :shock: Now the two people that I wanted to see was Christopher Lloyd and Tim Curry because their two of My faves. I was amazed how Lloyd was as he was nothing like Doc Brown but he was more like his Charlie Wilcox character in Suburban Commando...in fact there was very little difference in appearances despite a six year gal between the two movies with is great :shock: Tim Curry was marvelous in it, he was so good in just about everything he's in :) It had other people in it too which I'll get to that in moment. Strange that it had a character named Mrs. Peacock and this is on Peacock NOW :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: One important note is that the late great Debra Hill produced Clue..she is known for her work with John Carpenter movies including the Halloween franchise :blww: :blbat: Overall I though it was decent film with a surprising ending after surprising ending :!:

As many times as you saw the movie PB, I'm sure that your really familiar with the score by the late great John Morris who also did Spaceballs right :?: It's a tremendous score, it's really fun. It made the movie way more exciting & funnier too. Here's this great suite by John Morris :)

Murder :?

That's Bill Henderson from No Holds Barred...Lloyd isn't the only one in Clue that would be in a Hulk Hogan movie later on :shock:

Me & My Mom both thought that she looked so much like Susan Sarandon :shock:

This was funny :lol:

Here's one of the many, many things that was like...that's a Three Stooges act too :shock: :lol:

How weird is it that over the course of the last couple of days, Howard Hessman has been the subject in the Word Game Topic...I then see him near the climax of the film and I had no "Clue" he was in it...what a big coincidence that was :batconfused: :wwshock: :smhuh:

I liked Yvette the Maid. Colleen Camp is a very underrated actress. She usually looked good & busty in her movies. She was also in Die Hard 3 & Speed 2 to name a couple :batwink: She is just an example of how women were & becoming in the 80s for the future of the 90s :batwink:

So I bet your surprised that I saw Clue PB, after all of these years I finally seen it :) More later ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:21 pm

Ah, I'm so glad you watched Clue. It's such a classic. Yeah, I guess it does rely on some Stooges humor. I loved watching that on HBO as a kid. It's still really good. And yes, Howard Hesseman is coincidentally enough, in it as well. I love the multiple endings and Tim Curry is just so good in it. A great cast.

And pretty crazy this thread started almost two years ago now. So we have to have gone over a 1000 preview by now!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:26 am

Yes :!: Oh yeah, immediately there was an eye poke, such a Three Stooges trademark there ;) Indeed it was a strange coincidence :? Yes, it's very good cast and Tim Curry is always good. Oh yeah, I thought that too about this Topic PB, that's WHY I QUOTED YOUR STUFF :) Yes, at least a 1000 :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Ah Disney's The Three Musketeers. I never seen the whole thing, It was on HBO or some cable channel long ago and just never got to it. One day maybe. It's really a fine film. What I can say it has stellar acting. This is the third time that Keifer Sullivan was with Charlie Sheen which was Young Guns 1 & 2 and the second time he was with Oliver Platt which was 1990's Flatliners :shock: I believe this was Chris O'Donnell's first big film...two years later he'd be Robin in 1995. Rebecca De Mornay was really nice. Tim Curry made such a great villain. Now this film was one of the big yet underrated films of 1993. There's two things about the music. #1. In the trailer it has a great deal of the late great James Horner's score from Willow in it, still as epic as ever as I type this, even when you play it to a film that it doesn't belong to...his score is so wonderful and really that trailer is really an alternate version of the film because of that :) #2. The movie's actual score is by the late great Michael Kamen, like Horner, you can always expect such dynamic music to make the movie outstanding. After coming off the heels of the Die Hard & Lethal Weapon films and writing the fantastic score for Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves in 1990..he composed the music for The Three Musketeers in 93:!: Here's this Suite by Michael Kamen, I love the first minute especially with that superb choir :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:30 pm

I've never seen the movie, either. There was a moment in the 90s there where they were making those really cheesy love songs with Bryan Adams for movies and they were played until they became obnoxious. So for that reason I had no interest in this. Plus, I never cared for Three Musketeers (the story and the candy bar).

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions