Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:00 am

Happy B-Day to Keith David :) Dead Presidents was something else :shock: One of the many cool films of 95. Danny Elfman did the score. His score has never seen the light of day...it was only released on a special compilation called Music For A Darkened People.

Here's a quote from Dead Presidents co-director Albert Hughes of the Hughes brothers:

"I feel like half of the biggest directors don't even realize that sound is half the movie. It has to be. There's dialogue, sound effects, music and sound design on top of it. I think more established directors don't pay too much attention to the details, they shove it off to some company to do it. They think about sound as far as dialogue and little details. But you can take it so much beyond that."

He's right, not every director is like Spielberg, Lucas, Howard, Hitchcock, Reitman, Verhoeven, Raimi, Jackson and some others that know the importance of and appreciate the music & sound effects. Okay, so here's Elfman's really fun piece here :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:07 pm

No lie, never saw the movie. But it looks ok. Just wasn't a genre I was renting back then.

Hapy 52nd birthday, Marky Mark!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:42 am

Huh about that. Well I actually never seen Fear before...only a bit here & there. My Grandma was watching it a few years ago on one of the channels but I just wasn't in the mode to see it at that time :roll: It was Mark's first big film really after his Marky Mark days in the huge movie year of 1996. Gosh, Happy B-Day to Mark too :)

Okay, now here's a movie I've been thinking about. I don't know if you seen it before or not...it's called The Hunted :!:

It stars Christopher Lambert, John Lone & Joan Chen. It's about Ninjas reemerging in Japan. It came out in the great year of 1995. It's quite violent with lots of action but very realistic & authentic. I recall one day Me & My Grandpa was looking at Star Video's new release book cause that's how it was then (I've been looking for them off & on, I hope to locate one soon, they were so fun to look at & read). We saw the little poster (the one above!) in it and we're like oh man that looks really good. We read the description and we're like yep, that's right up Our alley :!: He's says hey, Hydester, wanna go to Star Video now and see if they got it for rent :?: I was like heck yeah, let's do it PoPo :) We went there and lo and behold they had it right in their new releases section. That moment has been there with Me ever since :) When We watched it We really liked it and were amazed by a lot that was it in it. It's really one of the best & last films of it's kind. Here's the trailer PB :)

Here's this excellent cue by Motofumi Yamaguchi and performed by Kodō :)

As a bonus here's the end credits :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:01 pm

I saw Fear in the theater. It was ok. My biggest takeaway from it was the way Mark Wahlber said "Mr. Walker" which was the girlfriend's dad. I said it with a thick Boston accent so it sounded more like "Mistuh Walkuh" and that kind of became a running joke amongst my friends for a while after.

Anyway, happy 77th birthday to Robert Englund!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:55 am

Good trivia there PB :lol: Well Happy B-Day you Robert Englund :) I never seen Never Too Young To Die before, that looked good.

Okay, as I said a while ago when you posted about The Spartans, I wanted to do the 300 films..I just love how their filmed. now even though their based from the graphic novels, the comics are based from the real times of the Spartans fighting the Persians. It's a great story :) The movies is by Zack Snyder who did great stuff with DC films and Legendary is the company that made them possible...the same great company that does the MonsterVerse movies :o

This monstrosity here...

is actually The Kurrgan aka Canadian Giant Robert Maillet :o

Here's the great trailer :)

I know the film back in the day spawned a ton of mockery but really I only found it funny a little bit.

Here's the great scene when King Leonidas meets Xerces the God King...I love this :)

After Nine Inch Nails was no more, most of the group became great composers sans Marilyn Manson. Here's this excellent cue by Tyler Bates in one of his first major scores :)

Okay, tomorrow I will post about the sequel which I liked even more :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:07 pm

300 was ok. Not Big fan of Zack Snyder's style.

Happy 45th (not 46th) birthday, Bill Hader!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:47 am

I never seen Superbad though I recall seeing that trailer of her bending down like that and him saying that :shock: I was like yeah, she's not bad, I don't blame ya ;) Happy B-Bay to Bill Hader as well :)

Yeah, many people has mixed emotions about that style but man, I just think it's so cool & unique and adds such a new way of watching films. Okay, now here is the sequel that is actually part prequel. It's called 300: Rise of an Empire and came out in 2014, 10 years ago this year :!:

Eva Green who is a very great looking actress with a lot of talent is really the big attraction here. She plays Artemisia :!:

This was the first film at the theater I saw after I recovered from My awful accident in 2013. I was laid up in the hospitable for weeks and I'm like I gotta get out of this...I got a huge movie year ahead of Me including Godzilla & 300 :o Well come early April I was well enough to walk with a cane and I was just in time to this 300 film as it was gone from the show just days if not sooner :!: It was pretty big for Me to get well and see this :) So here's the trailer, you'll see its a bit different than the first film and while this may lack a bit of how the first one was with certain aspects, I find this one more overall satisfying in many ways including the music :)

Here's the Rise of Xerxes but you'll see that Artemisia the edge :!:

Here's a special BONUS. Here's the making of the musical score. You'll get to meet Junkie XL aka Tom Holkenborg. I've talked about him before. He's one of My faves of Hans Zimmer's Media Venture guys. I just love his dynamic exciting sound. He did a wonderus Mad Max: Fury Road score as well as Alita: Battle Angel and of course the awesome scores to Godzilla vs. Kong & Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire :!: Listen to what his says about Artemisia and how he built that huge instrument, that's incredible and listen to his knowledge of the Ancient Greeks instruments. See how fun this :?: I just love it :)

Now since after I seen this at the show and to this very moment I as I type this, I'm very displeased that that they have not made a third movie to complete a trilogy :x The story has already been written 2000 + years ago. I'm still hoping their gonna tell it in a sequel very soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:35 pm

Never saw the sequel.

Jerry Stiller would've been 97 today.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:04 am

As you saw, the sequel is dandy :) Legendary made a few others that are epic biopics like that, I'll post them in time ;)

I've never seen Zoolander, just the trailers & clips. Jerry Stiller was very good :)

Here's Shallow Hal...this was pretty good in 2001 too :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:56 pm

Shallow Hal was ok. I remember my wife got me it from Blockbuster when they had a clearance sale and I was a little disappointed because I'd asked for some other movies at the time (can't recall them now)

Michael J Fox is 63 today!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions