Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

HectorHall Assasins and Golden Age goodness pg55

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: HectorHall Earth 2 Superman and Robin (pre 52) pg 18

Postby AcidDragon » Tue May 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Superb job on those Earth 2 figures, HH! I love Earth 2. Now that there's no chance Mattel is making any more DC figures, I'll finally get around to making some. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HectorHall » Wed May 14, 2014 1:35 am

Webslinger wrote:Awesome figures Hector!!! I am loving that Robin!!! Man if the DCUC line would have started making some of these figures who knows how long the line could have lasted right? I just saw this custom Dr. Light.... man I wanted them to make this guy!!! =(

Funny that you should throw Dr Light up there, I will be posting my own in a few days...With the knowledge that Mattel is wrapped up, I am sincerely motivated to expand my collection through customizing.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby HectorHall » Wed May 14, 2014 1:37 am

AcidDragon wrote:Superb job on those Earth 2 figures, HH! I love Earth 2. Now that there's no chance Mattel is making any more DC figures, I'll finally get around to making some. :smgrin:

I am very interested in what you can put together and show us! :hhgrin:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Webslinger » Wed May 14, 2014 2:53 am

Can't wait to see your Dr. Light brotha!!! =)
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby HectorHall » Wed May 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Webslinger wrote:Can't wait to see your Dr. Light brotha!!! =)

I found another use for Eclipso, which is nice because he is plentiful. I think that grin lends itself well to villains. I dremeled off the cap and the pointy ears, then I took some of the details off his belt. I used Milliput white to sculpt the shoulders, belt, glove, boots, beard, and head gear. The cape is made from duct tape. I was not happy with any of the capes in the fodder bin as they rested on top of his shoulder thingies. Painted with acrylics. Comments always welcome. :hhgrin:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Re: HectorHall Dr Light pg19

Postby Webslinger » Thu May 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Awesome Dr. Light!!! great use of the Eclipso head too by the way... I am thinking of maybe taking my Starman figure and giving it a go at Dr. Light.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby HectorHall » Thu May 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Webslinger wrote:I am thinking of maybe taking my Starman figure and giving it a go at Dr. Light.

You should. Every DC collection should have him. Thanks Mattel :roll:
I really want to do a run of Silver Age JLA villains...Despero (not the Mohawk), Kanjar Ro, Amos Fortune(stealing packerbackers recipe as soon as I find a Doc Ock), Queen Bee, ...who am I missing? Suggestions?
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Tango X » Thu May 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Ah very nice!! Dr. Light really needed a figure from Mattel. You did a very nice job!!
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby HectorHall » Fri May 16, 2014 2:35 am

I picked up a 10 inch Silver Surfer with the hopes of using him for Nuklon. I got him home and decided that it was not to be. He just would not have the DCUC look to fit in with the rest of my Infinity Inc. But I had a 10 inch Silver Surfer...hmm...In-Betweener! He was used as an integral part of Starlin's Adam Warlock classic storyline vs. the Magus. I had to fill in all the little screw holes with milliput, then paint him half white and half black. I used duct tape for his robe and milliput for his belt.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Re: HectorHall Dr Light + Will Payton Starman pg19

Postby HectorHall » Fri May 16, 2014 2:46 am

I really thought this one would be a lot easier. I had a black suit Superman, perfect for the red & black version of his costume. All I needed to do was dremel down the wrists and paint. When I finished taking the bracelets off, I was unhappy with the forearms. I resculpted the arms and set about the repaint. It took far too many coats of white until I was happy with the star symbol. Then I realized I was not sure how the red lines of his costume were supposed to line up. Even with ref pics. So.......... hope you like him
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs