Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Vintage Wrestling Collection: CD THEME COLLECTION!!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: ECW - OSTM Figures!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:11 pm

OSTM Comparison Special!

Here is OSTM's WCW The Giant with their ECW Mike Awesome, the scale looks very accurate!

Now here is a SUPER SPECIAL COMPARISON of all of OSTM figures of all types that I showcased earlier on but its only 1 selected of each series this time around, oh I love this great & fun vintage wrestling goodness :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:11 pm

ENCLOSING NOTE:

With ECW's untimely shocking end, OSTM had more plans to make additional wrestlers and variants. Since Hasbro took over OSTM's sister company Galoob, it will never be known of what other great wrestling figures was in store for us huge ECW fans since they didn't pull the trigger with a special continuation series :roll: I know OSTM had plans to make Mikey Whipwreck, Masato Tanaka, Kid Kash, EZ Money, Chris Hamrick, Simon Diamond, Chris Chetti, Roadkill, the Baldies and CW Anderson and I'm sure there was others in a long list of great talent as well as attempting to make their first females like Francine &amp; Dawn Marie. Thanks to WWF's/WWE's disheartening acquisition and Hasbro's dense failure to keep the series going (they could have just simply placed it under the WWF/WWE brand name, us collectors who truly loved this great wrestling company and tremendous action figure series will always be in question about how much more and who we would have gotten but I know for a fact it would have been even greater:!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:12 pm

SUPER SPECIAL BONUS!

Ultimate Wrestling magazine: So you might have seen the background of My photos of wrestlers...that was actually a book that I got around the same time in 2000 at the same Schnucks. I loved this book and I loved how things were really hardcore then. Oh yeah, the back of the book is of adult Anime or otherwise known as Hentai (yeah, like I said ADULT) :shock: That was a new thing going on the USA back then. I was never a fan of Anime in general (IMO the best part are the females however) but it's kinda historic cause I think this is the first time I ever seen something like that on the back of a magazine!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:12 pm

ULTRA BONUS!

The ECW Hardcore TV Intro: Like I said before, this is My absolute favorite time in ECW and you can see that in the special intro with the awesome theme music that most of the wrestlers are there that I have showcased in figure form which it is an incredible feat within itself. Like I also mentioned, shame that OSTM never had a chance to make the females like Francine, Dawn Marie and Jasmine St. Claire :shock: :roll: The end of the line was so bittersweet and the whole demise of ECW was absolutely a travesty to say the least. As I was commentating in near the beginning of this topic, I SO PREFER the classic and old school wrestling over today's WWE &amp; AEW, just by watching that makes Me wanna go back in time and experience it all over again. Today's generation that has no clue how it was back then just doesn't now how a "real" great feeling of fun and how great ECW was and like so much I'm doing, I'm trying to bring it all back one way or another :!:

WOW, I finally showcased My tremendous ECW collection and I hope you enjoyed it all and possibly brought memories back if you are familiar with them :) While it took a long while to get there, it was worth the wait. Oh but I believe My ECW guys will make more appearances in the future here and there and they definitely will at least make a cameo in My next showcase as it will be the Legends of Professional Wrestling by Figures Toy Company which is one of My most favorite wrestling series' and there might be small updates in between that time frame as well. In the mean time you can check out the rest of the topic to see if there's anything you missed cause you never know :) Until the next update, I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:43 pm

Hey man! Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing collection. I'm absolutely gobsmacked. I had no idea ECW had so many figures. I'm blown away. I remember seeing the commercials for the toys and I was really impressed.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:57 pm

Don't think I ever knew ECW had action figures. Almost feels antithetical to what the company was though I understand the need for merchandising.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:58 pm

Oh yeah, man. Check out the ad!

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:36 am

Yeah, I definitely would've posted that in the toy commercial thread by now if I knew it existed. Everyone looks so young, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:43 pm

PB - Well, now ya do know dude and glad you were surprised ;)

Acid - Thanks a lot. Gosh, to be honest, I'm not sure if I recall ever seeing that ad and I'm not sure I double checked for one or not. Thanks for bringing that to My attention :o I'm glad you liked all of it too;)

More vintage wrestling figures and stuff coming soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: WCW OSTM Ring!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:57 am

So as I said before that there maybe a couple updates here and there before I get to My next big showcase and here be one. It's the Box to My OSTM WCW Ring :o That's right, I actually kept it :batconfused: :smlol: :wwsmh: I loved the look of it and I never wanted to throw it away :) It's rather a large box but kinda slender. Another but big reason is that My Grandma Mimi & Mom went to TRU and picked it up for Me when I was sick in the hospital back in 95.

As you just saw above is the Original San Fransisco Toymakers logo that is I got from the box itself. Nowadays this great sister company of Galoob is never talked about other than collectors like Myself whom enjoyed them back in the day which there isn't many around which is so pathetic and if we don't do anything like what I'm doing now it will all be forgotten in time like many toy-lines before them and I'm NOT letting that happen :!:

So here is a bit of the detail of the box. There we see Vader & Sting on the front as well as some info. More on the back of the box plus an idea of who else is in the series to collect :!:

Here is a close up of the match and how the ring steps work. I had recently found the ring steps not that long ago really and showcased it which it is a wonderfully done classic feature. Also there's the cage, I recently found all four sides as well and showcased it in all of it's glory very recent too :batsmile:

Here is a close look at the roster, it was classic early/mid 90s WCW and I have showcased them all earlier on within the topic as these guys were My favorite series :smgrin:

Here is the info of others that I never mentioned before anywhere :o Here is a mentioning of 2 series' that NEVER was RELEASED :o :roll: The Stretch Wrestlers were like the vintage LJN stretch figures and the Wrestling Pals were like the WWF Wrestling Buddies by Tonka! Not sure if I would wanted them back in the day provided they were available, they did have some nice details however which I may talk about these and maybe even with a couple pics of'em as well so we'll see about that ;)

Here is the Instructions for the WCW Wrestling Ring Itself, yep, I kept that too :shock:

Here is the Hulk Hogan Marvel trademark and the Copyright as ya know I love that info :batsmile:

Toys 'R' Us Price Tag: As I had said before in other showcases within the board, them price tags maybe a nuisance to some collectors and while I understand why for at least a couple of reasons, but oh its NOT a prob to Me because it shows you WHERE you got it or where it came from and in My book if that store is defunct than it becomes even more special then...price tags & stickers are really a big deal to Me, not as an annoyance but for HISTORY'S SAKE :batsmile: And oh yeah, look it, $14.99 looks so sweet doesn't it :?: :o ;) Oh when stuff was cheap and reasonable unlike most of today's insane prices :batrage: :smheat: :wwsmh:

BONUS!

WCW Pillow Pals: So I'm actually gonna talk about them sooner than I originally thought :o Sadly there is hardly any info about them and there is absolutely BUPKIS on the WCW Stretch Wrestlers, see what I mean about how things are forgotten :roll: Believe Me, there has been so much history that has been lost in translational oblivion, it makes Me sick :x See, if you are familiar with the ones by Tonka in 1990/91 for the WWF, the other WCW ones by Toy Max around the same time or even the WCW ones by ToyBiz a few years later during the attitude era, then you'll know what to expect. It's too bad these were UNRELEASED because these WCW Wrestling Pillow Pals were quite nice looking with some very nice details plus they were shiny & glossy and IMO was kinda of a uncommon figure feature then and really still is. Also, Hogan is in his street/fighting gear which was unusual for this kind of toy. I couldn't find any pics of the WCW Stretch Wrestlers but I was successful as I found this one and only pic on the net, apparently it is one of the last remaining ones out there :roll:

tumblr_n7p0l739Rt1sg99p0o1_500.jpg

There it is, I hope you liked this special update of My WCW OSTM Ring Box and the unreleased figure spotlight as well. Now if you just now seeing this then make sure you scroll to the beginning. If you haven't seen any of My great WCW Showcases then you don't know what your missing, I have showcased My entire WCW collection of just not OSTM through their entire license run but also Galoob, Just Toys, & ToyBiz plus My great WWF LJNs and much more :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: So there might be another update to come soon before I get to My next big one which is going to be My showcase of Legends of Professional Wrestling by Figures Toy Co. which is arguably My favorite wrestling figure series ever and they will be sort of a continuation of My previous big showcase of My OSTM ECW collection that I showcased just few short weeks ago :!: Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles