Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Vintage Wrestling Collection: CD THEME COLLECTION!!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: ECW - OSTM Figures!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:04 pm

New Jack: The last of My great K-Mart milestone find, he looks good and they captured the look of him nicely. I found it amazing that they made him because he was one of the most hardcore wrestlers ever :!:

The Dudley Boyz - Bubba Ray & Devon Dudley: So unfortunately K-Mart didn't have them as they were the last ones I needed to complete series one and they were very rare because they were already in the WWF.. So My Grandma said I'll see if I can get you them later. So sometime later after that great day at over at K-Mart, I was looking at a wrestling mag and found out that the Wrestling Superstore had the ECW figures so I showed her the ad/catalog and she said ok, I'll get you'em. So she did and they came in the mail and I was very thrilled. They came singled carded rather than together as a tag team. I loved the likenesses of them and like the entire series and much like OSTM's WCW figures, they are in real scale/size compared to each other which I have always dug. I really like their colors on their attires. This is a very crucial set of Mine :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:04 pm

I was out with My Mom one day in later 2000 and I wanted to check out Toys "R" Us and she's like OK but make it quick. She stayed in her car while I looked around and I saw the next series of OFSM ECW figures and I had to get them, so I bought them all but one that they didn't have but more on that later :shock:

Raven: They actually made one of the most iconic wrestlers of all in ECW! He had just returned there from WCW so he made the jump just in time :shock: It's a great figure and is a big improvement over their WCW version!

Jerry Lynn (Mr. JL): Oh man, what a surprise he was, the new F'N Show :shock: He has a great likeness and I believe this was his first action figure EVER!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:05 pm

Justin Credible: Hah, I was so stoked when I saw him on the peg! He has a really good likeness. As a trivia bit, he was PJ Walker &amp; Aldo Montoya in the WWF. They sent him to the USWA to improve his skills and ECW and boy did he ever...he became one of...just not the coolest but Just-In-Credible...see what I did there :lol: That's his quote if ya didn't know by the way :D

Little Guido: He was known the WWE as Nunzio. He was never My fave but he was must to make the roster fuller. He has an excellent likeness and has his tattoo. That's another cool thing that the OSTM did with this series is to make their tattoos. It took Jakks years to get it right while it only took OSTM this series...see why I loved them so much :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Yoshihiro Tajiri: The Japanese Buzz-saw...another great likeness. He's even small like he should be :!:

Rhino: Wow he looks realistic! He is a great figure.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Steve Corino: The "King of Old School" is here! He has arguably the greatest likeness of all'em :!: I have always been kinda disappointed that they chose his singlet attire rather than his trucks and cowboy boots, I thought he looked much better that way. Then again, this similar like when he confronted Limp Bizkit:shock:

Super Crazy: Holy cow they just keep on making these guys left and right knocking them outta the park with tremendous likenesses and detail and Super Crazy is no different :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:06 pm

Axl Rotten: Out of the second series, he was the one I wanted the most...I just loved Axl Rotten and look at the sculpting on him & tats!

Balls Mahoney: Another must have and his figure looks great as well!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

The Sandman: Now when you talk about realistic sculpts before their time, look no further than The Sandman, one of ECW's most recognizable icons and like Raven left WCW just in time! This figure is one of the most crucial of the My entire collection regardless of genre and if anybody out there that has him I'm sure you think the same and if you don't then you need look at him again because IMO he's one of greatest looking action figures ever made :!:

Sabu - V2: As you know I'm not huge on variants but sometimes it's necessary and even important and sometimes you have no choice but to get them. I had to get him in order to obtain the ECW Ring which I will show in a few short moments. The sculpt is identical as to the the first one but one thing I loved about this version is his awesome silver pants...I love silver :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Rob Van Dam: Oh yeah, RVD, the whole f'n show :shock: This was his first action figure ever and it's a great one. He &amp; the second version of Sabu were included with the ECW Ring. He also came with the first version of ECW World Championship!

Mike Awesome: I was astoundingly euphoric when I saw and got him :shock: He was My fave wrestler ever in ECW. He has a excellent likeness and his size is massive, he is the tallest and largest figure in the series as he should be! Included with him is the second version of the ECW Championship and it's arguably even more realistic than the one with RVD! NOTE: I always think how sad it was about his career. He had it made in ECW, jumped to WCW then was treated like a fool then they went under and was mistreated in the WWF/WWE and left then took his own life...a man that size and that good and then this happens, it so depressing :(

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Nova: So this is the one that got away from Me back in the prime of when the OSTM ECW figures were on the shelves. For some reason in My area he was the hardest one to get. So long story short: After the demise of ECW &amp; WCW, wrestling just wasn't the same anymore even though new feds &amp; promotions were coming up like XPW, ROH & TNA to name a few so I only kept up with WWE and the others via YouTube and news pages and stuff like that but I always popped in My old classic VHS wrestling tapes of the 80s & 90s because the classic wrestling was just better and IMO it still is. So back in 2010 I wanted to get involved with it again like I did, many of the talent in ECW was in TNA and I got hooked and soon after back to WWE. So I started thinkin' about My wrestling action figures and it came to Me in My OSTM ECW figures I was missing one wrestler and that was Nova (Simon Dean in WWE) so I went to eBay and sure enough he was available and still kinda cheap, I think he was only $15 with shipping which was a decent price for a vintage figure IMO considering when Mattel was charging us that at RETAIL like at TRU for the current WWE series and I felt it was ridicules even then for that cause when I got these great ECW figures back years prior they were ONLY $4.99...see how drastically things has have changed and basically been downgraded...this is what I've been talkin' about for so long now :x So Nova came in the mail just days after I ordered him and I was so pleased and I tried to reminiscence the nostalgia of ten years or so before of when he was originally available at toy stores. It was a great moment thus completing My ENTIRE ROSTER of the superb OSTM ECW collection!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:07 pm

The Ring: Yep, here it is. This was only about $14.99 and it came with the aforementioned RVD & SABU and World Title plus weapons and the steel cage. What a bargain this was :o :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles