Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Vintage Wrestling Collection: CD THEME COLLECTION!!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: WCW OSTM: PART 1!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 10, 2021 8:23 am

SPECIAL GALLERY & MORE!

Sculpted Company & Copyright example: I've always loved to look at this stuff on all of My figures, wrestling or not!

BIO CARDS!

NOTE: I misplaced Luger's bio card but his Nitro one is identical as the regular one with the same pic & bio just different color & feel.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 10, 2021 8:24 am

Scale!

Macho, Hogan, Sting & Flair version comparisons

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 10, 2021 8:25 am

Team Hogan

Luger vs Hogan!

WCW Fall Brawl at War Games 95: 1 & 2!

The Dungeon of Doom & The Alliance to destroy Hulkamania!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 10, 2021 8:26 am

WCW OSTM Collecton!

Whoa, I did it but this was only part 1 of WCW OSTM! Very soon I will be posting part 2. Well, I hope you enjoyed this, till part 2, I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: WCW OSTM vs. WWF LJN!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 4:50 am

OK, before I get to the WCW OSTM part 2, there is a special section that I must present. I have been thinking about it a lot lately and thought that is was really necessary. I decided to get out My LJNs as I felt I couldn't ignore these wonderful pieces of action figure goodness! I wanted to compare the WWF LJN figures with the WCW OSFT. Earlier I was talking about how I believe that these figures were made and designed as a inspiration of those great classics of the 80s. I mean let's face it, they were the first true realistic wrestling figures in that era and still to this day are regarded as the most desired wrestling figures by collectors of that genre. IMO, any collector should want at least one of them whether or not they're a wrestling fan or even know whom they are simply because of the value point factor and the great classic/vintage history of them as a whole!

Here they are, it's 80s vs 90s, LJN Hulk Hogan & "Macho Man" Randy Savage compared to the OSTM Hulk Hogan & "Macho Man" Randy Savage

The figures compared to one-another from both decades are clearly different scales altogether but now the important aspect for Me as you know is the scale and real heights issue. As realistic as the LJNs were at the time (heck, they still are), some wrestlers were larger than others that were the opposite in real life. Macho is actually bigger than Hogan were it differs significantly with the OSTM versions of these icons. I am always for accurate sizes over everybody being the same height and size. Another factor is the feel of these guys, these LJNs very rubbery as I have mentioned previously. The OSTM Hulkster is also but of a tighter rubber but still feels good however, the Savage version is really of a much harder materiel. Here they are together!

OK, well, I featured that. Soon I plan on to feature more of My LJNs once I find their cards in storage (I loved their cards) I will feature them towards the beginning of the topic so it won't interfere with the momentum of My OFTM showcase and I will also present them with guest appearances in My great Vintage Action Figure Topic. So look for of all that in the near future soon. Now as for as part 2 of My showcase of the OSTM, I plan on doing that rather soon so stay tuned for that as well.

I hope you enjoyed this, till next time I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:12 am

I always dug the LJN WWE stuff better never really had many of them as kid. I had a couple thumb wrestlers I remember (Hogan and my favorite, Mr. Wonderful) but never got into them back then. I think I didn't see them as fun as things with actual articulation, even if those were limited back then as well.

About a decade ago, friends of ours had a messy divorce, and the wife gave me a box of her husbands old LJN WWE stuff but they were all beat to hell and drawn and painted on so I couldn't even recognize some of them. It was fun to go through the box for a day but I ended up giving them to Goodwill.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:03 pm

Like you read, I was the opposite, I pity Myself a lot from NOT being into and taking care of My LJNs better than what I did and I regret it so much. You did see My 2 thumb wrestlers Hogan and & Studd right? What do you think about my giant Hogan? The articulation really wasn't an issue for Me, I just loved the realistic aspect of the whole matter.

That is horrible about your friend and his LJNs but at least you did good there :)

What's your thoughts about My WCW OSTM and My LJN connection?

I have tons more to show soon Packer :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:13 am

It's certainly quite a collection you've got there. I never bought any wrestling toys since they weren't really, really big until the 90's and by then I was "too old". There's some names like Pitbull that I completely forgot about and Alex Wright always makes me smile. I do remember it being fun when I worked at Walmart stocking toys and a new box of Jakks came in just to open it up and see who was being made. Back then you (or at least) I didn't see online months in advance what was coming out yet. Ah, I remember in the early days of Marvel Legends I'd stop at Borders just to flip through the toy magazines to see what characters were coming up. Kids today have no appreciation of how to work for information. It's probably why news "reporting" has gone to the crapper. I only regret not buying the British Bulldogs set or individual figures, besides that, I own one Ric Flair somewhere and several WWE figures I bought just for fodder parts.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Wow! Blue Bloods had their own action figures! That's so cool.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:27 pm

I'm super impressed with your WCW figure collection. I'm seeing some of these things for the first time.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles