Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Vintage Wrestling Collection: CD THEME COLLECTION!!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: WCW OSTM Ring Box & Mor

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:56 am

Neat. My wife gives me "angry crowd sounds" quite often.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:14 am

Thanks PB :) Gosh, your wife must be something else ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:09 pm

Wow. I would have loved something like this.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:18 am

Thanks very much Acid, I appreciate that very much :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: Legends of Wrestling!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 20, 2022 6:59 am

So finally, here we go with My Legends of Professional Wrestling series made by Figures Toy Company. I got all of these guys when they were red hot in the year 2000 :o So as you have seen previously in within the topic, I have collected wrestling figures for most of My time as a wrestling fan which is a very, very long time. I love the old school ones from the 80s and 90s. The WCW series by Galoob & OSTM and even a bit of ToyBiz still had that classic feel but while they are as good as they are, there wasn't many wrestlers in them lines that were from the vintage/golden/silver/classic era of the 60s - 80s. However, a new action figure company simply called Figures Toy Company came to rise. I first found out about them via wrestling magazines such as Pro Wrestling Illustrated, it always paid to look at them, ya never know what was in them similar like comic books! There was an ad there that advertised a really nice looking King Kong Bundy figure which was first made in 1999. Remember just recently when I showcased My great ECW figures and My Grandma MiMi got Me The Dudley Boyz from The Wrestling Superstore :?: Well, this was during the same time and she also got Me King Kong Bundy plus the bloody version too :o It was a pretty cool time indeed. The Wrestling Superstore & Figures Toy Co. are one in the same :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: See, they have a regular version and bloody version to reminiscent their old hardcore matches way before ECW was a thing. He was listed as $8 each or $15 a set which was a dandy price because these were web/catalog exclusive unless specialty comic shops were interested in selling them to people who were actually interested. So Bundy was first and for a while I thought that this was just a one off special but it turned out not to be the case as more was being listed on their web store & catalogs. Several of them were legends hence the series' name which some I never had figures of previously and one of them is one of My most prized wrestlers of all so I had to get them one way or another :!:

I do not have all of them as they made some later on that just alluded Me which is a shame and maybe one day I'll look to get them but I am very thankful that I have what I have :) These is arguably My favorite wrestling figures of My entire collection of wrestling figures whether it be WWF, WCW or ECW :o They are quite old school with 5 POA but more updated like say than REMCO's classic AWA figures. The series has become such a underrated one and like so much has turned into another victim of society's limbo :x Many of them share the same body parts & molds/sculpts similar like MOTU templates. I love the feel of their soft plastic & rubber parts. The sculpting and paint is pretty good as well and they are in scale with some wrestling figures most notably OSTM ECW figures which was huge for Me because the roster really went well together them which you'll see them in the ECW ring in every entry :batsmile: Here they are in detail :)

King Kong Bundy: Here he is! He's the one that started it all, just not for Me but the line itself. I was a huge Bundy fan years prior so he instantly caught My attention! Now he is made differently than the rest of his future counterparts and his mold is exclusively made for him as the rest of the series would use each other's. He is really smooth & a bit rubbery which I love the feeling of. The sculpt is quite nice and especially considering the era of 2000. The sculpting and tech in the toy industry was shaping up to be superb during this year (I noticed companies got unbelievably quick at sculpting far more realistic in 2001 like McFarlane & Sidehow as I have previously said about before in many of My topic & posts which is a crucial point & factor here) and his body shape is spot on as well especially his arms. The Walking Condominium's variant is decent as well. The paint maybe off a little but seeing him with the blood is from his Wrestlemania 2 bout in the cage with "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan. As you know, I'm not big on variants but if your talking about bloody wrestler variations then I'm all in for that and it was a nice touch that Figures Toy Co. came up with the concept and that it was an option to get them :batwink:

Abdullah the Butcher: Now here we go, My Grandma MiMi got Me him too. I am a huge Abduallah the Butcher mark and proud of it. The first time I saw him a long ago I was just so thrilled about him, arguably even more so than Bundy :shock: I mean I loved how hardcore he is, his maniac manners, his unreal physique and the scars on his head! It was always so fun watching him (today's generation has no clue what a fun wrestler is if they haven't seen him!). Along with Bundy, he has become one of My all-time favorites. They made him truly accurate here and his body looks just right with his flaps and he even has the deep, deep scars on his cranium which I just digged :batsmile: :smsmh: :wwsmh: His figure is bigger than Bundy which as always been a slight issue with Me but their still as wonderful as wonderful can be. His expression is good too. He has his trusty fork/stabbing weapon molded into his right hand as well which was such a fine point here. His pants & shoes are authentic as possible and when you talk about having a bloody wrestling figure and you got The Butcher, he must have blood and boy does he have it I mean it's all over his big body especially his paints, it was extremely clever for them to chose the sanguinary madman of The Sudan to be drenched and bloodstained with a ton of gore in white pants :batgrin:

NOTE: My Mom got Me all of these for Christmas of 2000 along with some great WWC VHS Tapes. It was awesome :) I look to showcase My Wrestling Video Collection sometime soon!

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine: Now I got his great Hasbro figure nearly a decade before so this was kind of a flashback bonus for Me. The likeness is well done. It's nice to see a "bloody" Valentine :batlol: :smsmh: :wwsmh: Both versions have different colored trucks so that makes it even more worth it to get both of'em :batsmile:

Tito Santana: Ah, he is really cool and has a nice likeness as well and both variants have different colored trucks so that makes it even more worth it to get the both of'em and he is "really" bloody :batsmile:

"The Ace - Cowboy" Bob Orton: He is quite good and has a very interesting choice of trunk colors. His hat isn't removable however.

"Polish Power" Ivan Putski: This is a fair figure of him. He has a real cloth hoodie that is reminiscent of the ones he'd wear to the ring for a while. He has different cool colored trunks and his variant is very bloody!

Killer Kowalski: Another great figure. I love how he looks with his tights of both versions and his blood is very good, just what it should look like :!:

Tony Atlas: He's great but his tights are the same color on both figures which was always a disappointment but the former Saba Simba is a very decent figure none the less!

The Iron Sheik: If your talking legends you gotta have him :!: They chose the typical way he is seen instead of the rare blue pants that LJN did which I have always loved that version hence My great LJN showcase a while back. This version has a tremendous likeness and it's really as good as it get's even compared to Mattel's versions nearly a decade ago :batconfused:

Nikolai Volkoff: If your gonna have The Iron Sheik you gotta have him, he also has a great likeness and the regular version has a cloth shirt. The hats are removable but I usual leave them on. Unlike Tony Atlas, there wasn't much else they could do with his red trunks.

Bruno Sammartino v1: He actually has two different types of versions and this is his younger self when he was more of a rookie. Its a good likeness with different colored trunks. I love the hair effects on his body and of course the blood :!:

Bruno Sammartino v2: This is his older self when he was a big time veteran of the great sport. This is the version that I grew up with seeing in the WWF & NWA/WCW and is My favorite of the two types however these figures of Bruno are some of My favorites of the whole series. Like his younger figure, he has hair effects that is painted on that I really like, has two different colored trunks and has a lot of blood on him his big body :batsmile: It's also amazing that Bruno get's 4 figures in the series which is more than everybody else within it :shock:

"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala: Now here is another big man that I'm a huge fan of too. I really loved him. When he returned to the WWF in 92 (30 years ago this year!) I was very thrilled and when he went to WCW in 95 I was even more euphoric :!: This figure is great but he has a lot reuse of body parts here from Bundy & Abdullah but his leg sculpts are new and a has a new cool cloth skirt/loin cloth and he isn't painted under there. His paint is great as he has very authentic face & body paint. The blood is cool to. Now there is a very radical factor to him. Instead of having just one wrestler here, I pretend that either one of the other is actually The Botswana Beast Atkie Malumba/Giant Kimala 2 from the WWC & AJPW :wwshock: :smwink: :batrasp: He was also the Mambo Warrior in WCW & Uganda in ECW so there's another savage to add to these rosters :batshock: I am so glad that I got these two versions of Kamala :!:

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Copyright: Oh I love the copyrights as usual and they strongly resemble OSTM's Copyright's on their boots which I just love :)

Size Comparison & Scene: Now here we go, one of the most important aspects of the whole series and of this showcase is the scale of them. Here is a pic of Bundy, Abdullah & Kamala or Uganda vs. Taz, Tommy Dreamer & New Jack from My great recently seen OSTM ECW figures! Look at how cool that is...gosh I love this stuff :batsmile:

Hard to beleive it was 22 years ago when i got these fabulous figures :batshock: It's also astounding that this superb series was in the heyday of the Attitude Era, ECW & WCW and all of the hardcore wrestling was just so great, it was such an awesome time then and it will never be repeated but this fantastic line will remind you of how fun it was back in 99 - 2000 when extreme wrestling was great at it's finest :!:

So that's all for now. If your just now seeing this and didn't see see the actual showcase then stop what your doin' now and scroll up as you don't wanna miss a second of Legends of Professional Wrestling! Now they made a lot more wrestling figure stuff like managers and referees but I never got any of them which I should have :roll: Recently over the last few years or so they rebooted this series into a much more modern kind (that's the idea right...always reboot everything :batrage: to compete & crossover with the likes of today's ultra expensive WWE Mattel & Jazwares' AEW figures. They look good but like the aforementioned lines, I didn't want to get involved them because when I was awakened in 2020 with My OSTM ECW figures, I realized that the vintage ones are just funner and more enjoyable and if I ever would get Figures Toy Company's LOPW then I would want to get the ones that I missed in the original series which I would think a lot of people would do the same with their action figures lines like getting the the ones they missed out on before than they couldn't get previously years ago for whatever reason instead of "rebuying" stuff that has been made prior time and time again and getting into new series' that cost so much with the likes of Mattel's "low budget talk", crowdfunding among other ridicules means but apparently it hasn't happen yet but hey, this is just Me, to each his own.

Next I am going to continue this series in a way because I am going to show the Background which was actually a UK Wrestling Magazine that I got for free that I thought was very apropos for My showcase plus I am going to show The Wrestling Superstore & Figures Toy Co. Catalogs/Books because they are extremely fun to look at not to mention some of the great history behind it all :o So until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:22 pm

Never knew those existed. Pretty cool they made a figure of the Polish Hammer!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon May 23, 2022 9:08 pm

I actually really wanted to get into that Legends line when I first saw it. Unfortunately, it was money I didn't have at the time. Great to see all these cool legends represented here!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 24, 2022 6:04 am

PB - Ah, well that's good you didn't, I try to surprise ;) Yep, they sure did and did it good :batsmile:

Acid - Shame about that but hey, you knew about them so there's that ;) Indeed it is, I tried My best to put'em all together here :)

Like I said, next update is I'm gonna post their catalogs and bonus stuff soon and it's gonna be sweet so be on the lookout for that :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: FTC Catalogs, Mags & MO

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 25, 2022 6:36 am

So here we go with My aforementioned bonus update but really it is a follow up to My Figures Toys Company & Legends of Professional Wrestling showcase just recently only a few short days ago :!: If you didn't see it then it's time you do so :!:

I have three of'em which I got most of these in the year 2000 just like My LOPW! Two were in the orders I had received and one was mailed to Me. Now, one thing that I didn't mention in My previous showcase is that The Wrestling Superstore is online like Ringside Collectibles. While they started in 1995, The Wrestling Superstore aka Figures Toy Co. was started by Anthony Balasco in 1989 :o I actually prefer them over the competition. RC might be good and have more exclusives for the modern stuff like WWE & AEW but they have egos and all that. WSS/FTC has way more product and super rare items and is all about the classics but just not in wrestling but also in movies & TV shows as well which you are just about to see.

These books/catalogs are all still in decent condition and I'm probably one of the very few people that ever kept these that was a customer of their's which shows you how much the plebeians care about history :x

Figures Toy Co. Book #1: This was My first one. Its from 1999 and it's of a thick paper and it's rather small compared to the other two that you'll see in a bit. I love the blue color and that their number 1 King Kong Bundy is one the cover plus the ultra classic WCW World Title. Not to mention others and their really cool superhero logo with the buildings is just so fantastic looking :smwink:

They delved into horror oh yes :blbat: They took their own shot at making Count Dracula with three different variations :batwink: They even took a chance at making Elvira: Mistress of the Dark :wwwink: In fact she has four variants :o I regret not getting any of these :roll: I didn't collect Universal Monsters until 2001 when I awoke about them and saw the signs of greatness when I discovered Sideshow :?

Ah The Three Stooges, I got these for Christmas from My Mom when she got Me all of the wrestlers I just showcased! Unfortunately Shemp alluded Me for whatever reason for over over two decades now however I do the other three which are regular versions. They are in the style of vintage Mego figures and I love these guys. I still have them in their cases you see on the page here. They were a must for Me cause I am a huge Three Stooges fan :!: Oh boy, there's My recently showcased King Kong Bundy and Abdullah the Butcher. Stooges & Classic Wrestlers, how in the world can you top that :?: See if any combination options like that are available in today's market now :roll: These were such cool times then for sure :batsmile:

There some great looking WCW Replica Championship Title Belts and boy were they good! There's the order forum in case you wanted to order from the catalog like the old days :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: FTC Catalogs, Mags & MO

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 25, 2022 6:37 am

Figures Toy Co. Book #2: Here is the second catalog that I got. It was more typical appearing compared to the first one and it was for Fall of 2000 :batsmile: Look at that cover, there is a ton of great wrestling figures there in a good mixture of WWF Hasbro & Jakks along with WCW ToyBiz & ECW OSTM and of course a bit of Figures Toy Co.'s Legends in a WWF Titan Tron & WCW Nitro Ring :!: There is a rather large table of contents and cool ECW Championship Replica Titles :!:

Another great look at their Legends that I just showcased. Notice the wonderful Abdullah the Butcher blister card! There's a great look at their Glow in the Dark Legends as well! Here is some of the great WCW Replica Championship Title Belts!

More WCW Replica Championship Title Belts! Notice how they had the deal with make the titles with ECW & WCW and NOT WWF :? It was cool that they did that :batsmile: There's some protective cases & T-Shirts.

Here is a selection of custom Wrestling Gear for the figures of all kinds. It was such a nice touch that they came up with accessories that that the toy companies didn't :!: There is some WCW Main Event Trading cards, I have some of them and there is the awesome Racing Champions WCW Die-Cast Metal Cars. I have some of them and one day soon I may showcase them :batsmile:

Here we with a great selection of ECW OTSM :smsmile: :wwsad: :batwink: Note what they say about the "compatible "ring "made" by the same company...BRILLIANT :!: There is Hulk Hogan's 'N' Wrestling VHS Tapes. I only have one and I'll show that in time. There is some cool Mexican Wrestling figures too!

Here be Various and Rare VHS selection. These some that My Mom got Me for Christmas in 2000. I loved them. The WWC/Puerto Rican wrestling ones are great and especially the Abdullah the Butcher specials :batsmile: There's more Three Stooges, Dracula & Elvira! Another order form for old schoolers or those who didn't have access to computers at the time :)

The Legends get a big 2-page spread here with both types of variants. Notice The Iron Sheik has his headdress on in the photos in the book. He DOES NOT include it as seen with My figures in My great recent showcase :!: There's the back cover with ToyBiz' WCW DDP figure that I showcased within that collection. Notice the US POSTAGE PAID on there :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles