Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Vintage Wrestling Collection: CD THEME COLLECTION!!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: WCW GALOOB!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:19 am

Ron Simmons: Yep, part of Doom, way before the days in the WWF/WWE. Gosh this looks so much like him!

Butch Reed: Yep, Ron's partner in Doom, he was so good and arguably my fave of the two. I just love how he looks here.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:20 am

Rick Steiner: Oh man, look at his sculpt of the ear guards and when he got his first tattoo!  

Scott Steiner: Oh boy, look at Scotty, this about seven or so years before he would become Big Poppa Pump! He looks so good here.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:21 am

El Gigante: Holy cow, here is My special guy. I got him about 15 years on eBay after My Grandparents got Me all the rest. I actually didn't know that Galoob made more I believe it was 1991, I thought the line was over. I mean we didn't have the web then so...I check out things and that saw that they also made the Fabulous Freebirds, Dustin Rhodes, Big Josh (the original Doink) and El Gigante AKA The Giant Gonzalez. The former's are very hard to obtain as they are very expensive & hard to find but luckily I was able to get the giant! He was truly the must have for Me if I would only get one of them (believe Me, if I could I would get them all in a hurry!!). I love his sculpting and everything about him. It looks just like him and he is dressed in his gear when he first debuted as the replacement for RoboCop to rescue Sting from the Four Horsemen in 1990. He is an enormous figure just towering over everybody, even the man they call Sid! He is one of the greatest figures I have ever bought on the web bar none!    

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:21 am

SPECIAL GALLERY: Tag Teams, look at them all together!

The Steiner Brothers

Doom

Pillman & Zenk

Sting & Luger

The Four Horsemen

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:22 am

The Cage: Yep, the steel cage was included with the ring. I misplaced the connectors however it still is great!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:22 am

The Scale/Real Heights: Arguably the most important factor of all for Me is the scale. Many companies over the years that makes just about any action figure line either doesn't care about real scale/heights or they just get lazy. I just loved that these guys are true to their real life counterparts. This has been a thing with Me ever since I was a kid!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:23 am

Hasbro Hulk Hogan vs. Galoob Ric Flair & Lex Luger: Yep, I collected them both then. it was so good being young and a kid then, it was really the best of times. With that being said, I would play with both collections and have an invasion of sorts long, long before the Invasions in the WWF in the Attitude era. I loved both series's because they provided music differences for Me, still some of best wrestling figures of all-time!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:23 am

The Galoob Collection!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:24 am

The Galoob 14" Oversize Figures: Silly Me, I only wanted Sid & Flair and I regret that to this day :roll: Like their small versions, they have identical championship belts and these actually have POA!  

[b[Ric Flair[/b]

Sid Viscous

Comparison with regular Galoob: Yep, so cool!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:24 am

Just Toys: These guys I wasn't a huge fan of back then, I only wanted Sting, Luger, Sid & Flair. I sometimes used these guys as giants under different names when i played Me Hasbro's.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles