Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Punk No More

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Punk No More

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:34 pm

Nope, this isn't a comment on 80s music...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Punk No More

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:56 am

Amazing that happen, there was far worse incidents that happened backstage with other wrestlers decades ago and they weren't fired or anything. Somethin' how times change. All of the great hype for London and Punk being back and now this. I guess it wasn't meant to be for Punk to be in AEW. I wonder what is next for him now :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:07 pm

It's a shame because he could still put on a good match and was still good on the mic. There were some great stories still out there with Malakai Black, Jay White, CMFTR, and of course vs the Elite could've been huge, but that's all never going to happen now. Like Aries, it seems like he's a bit of his own worst enemy.

Some reports make it sound worse than just with Perry, saying that monitors were knocked over and hit Tony Khan, and that Punk "lunged" at Tony khan and threatened to quit. But it migh even be worse than that:

Meltzer said that there is "so much more to it that hasn't come out" that contributed to the decision.
He also said that he had been too kind in reporting Punk's alleged "lunging" towards Tony Khan during the incident. "If you saw the actual wording of what was said, lunging, I was toning it down. It was more than lunging."

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:24 pm

Wow, that's actually pretty shocking. You guys are right, people used to get away with a lot more back then. Not saying one was right or wrong but it was definitely a different time.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:40 am

I know PB, he was still great all the way around. He could stay home and be smart and be with his wife AJ Lee but he's not the type to stay on the couch and be a family man...he'll go to ROH...oh wait, Khan owns that and he has his ties to TNA & Japan too and CM Punk hates WWE so who knows what's next for him :roll:

Oh and I must say don't forget about what Tony Khan did to Hulk Hogan & his wife declaring that free speech is totally gone and that Hogan is NEVER welcomed in AEW. Yet after all this time people still condone AEW & Khan...he cost many youngsters that don't watch WWE the opportunity to know "The Hulkster" :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Yes Acid, I know a lot of stories that was much harsher than this that hardly anybody talks about and that Dark Side of the Ring won't even think about touching. All of the crap that Vinnie Mac and Bischoff and even Vince Russo had backstage for all of those years and one thing happens to Khan within a few and this is what he does :? I'm finding this situation full of bum-steer. We'll see how many fans stay with AEW now after this :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:23 am

Bully Ray had said on Busted Open after what had happened, that if Jack Perry had done something like that back in the day that the vets would've beat the crap out of him in the locker room. But I think it was really poor judgement on Punk's part do to that where he did, when he did it. That's two years in a row his backstage actions outshined what was supposed be AEWs biggest weekends. He should've known better, especially after what happened the prior year. But wrestling, just like everything these days, has to be self-aware that everyone, everywhere has a cellphone, so stuff is going to get out there faster and is harder to control the narrative.

As much as I like Punk, at this point it was probably better for AEW in the long run to fire him. The ratings and merch sales might take a hit, but they won't have to placate Phil, or leave certain people off certain shows. I think overall the storylines might get better. I just hope Dynamite and Collision don't become mirrors of each other. Collision had more of an old school storytelling feel to it as opposed to just fantasy booking like Dynamite.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:32 am

Yeah, the good ol' cell phone where everybody's has one and handy with'em, too bad that didn't exist when we really needed'em like when Bruiser Brody was murdered :roll: Oh yes that is so true what Bully Ray said there and if you didn't do the favors like carry a veterans bag and do other things oh man, you'd really get it and I'm not talking about far in the sport/business. Just ask Mark Henry when he was a rookie and he carried Yokozuna's bags for an example, there's a lot of stories like that and that's just an example :shock: Yeah, with people they ain't gonna stop watching AEW just because of this or even stop buying the merch, this will be the story for today and then it will be like it never happen the next AEW program. That's good and then it's not. Well then let's hope that the shows remain good ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to AEW