Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Idiot Savant's Customs Image Gallery

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Idiot Savant's Customs Image Gallery

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Thank you for the compliments guys...I just love the simple customs
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby OneNineSix » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:45 pm

Man that Batcave is something! Love the Bat Sentry, too! Still need to get through all your customs. Super work, Mr. S.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Call me Idiot...my dad is Mr S.

Haha...anyways, thanks for the compliments buddy. As for the Batcave, I have bigger and grander plans for it when I rebuild it; but first I have to finish the Hall of Justice!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby tonyrome » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:14 pm

Human bomb really looks good paint is nice and brite which is not to easy to do with white. I love what you did with the battle suit colors look factory and Hannu, man that's one I never wanted to tackle but you pulled it off. Great work pal.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby Illiasc » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:06 pm

You've got an incredible talent with these customs, Idiot Savant. Looking back, there's a whole lot to admire, and I'm definitely excited for what you have coming up in the future. I love that batcave! That's a massive and impressive project, and among the recent, they're all amazing, but what really caught my eye was your Baby Face. Quite the likeness there!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:09 am

tonyrome wrote:Human bomb really looks good paint is nice and brite which is not to easy to do with white. I love what you did with the battle suit colors look factory and Hannu, man that's one I never wanted to tackle but you pulled it off. Great work pal.

Thanks for the compliments Tony...I've had that extra Luthor suit laying around for a few years (it was part of the DCUC/MOTUC 2-pack) and finally figured out a decent use for it.

As for Hannu, that's always been on my table to work but for some reason or other I kept passing the Thing base up...glad is jumped on it and I just had to go with the Easter Island look to change him up a bit.

And for the Human Bomb, I just kept adding white until I couldn't see any more yellow!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:28 am

Illiasc wrote:You've got an incredible talent with these customs, Idiot Savant. Looking back, there's a whole lot to admire, and I'm definitely excited for what you have coming up in the future. I love that batcave! That's a massive and impressive project, and among the recent, they're all amazing, but what really caught my eye was your Baby Face. Quite the likeness there!

Thank you so much for the kind words Illiasc...that Batcave was a very large project for basically a beginning customizer at the time; I don't know what I was thinking but I'm glad I thought it!

As much as it pissed me off about having to stop building it and take it apart to move to "the middle of effing nowhere" as I call it, it was a good thing because since then I feel I've learned a lot more and cannot wait to rebuild that bad boy.

Sadly, I haven't customized any new figs, outside of repainting some old, worn out Mego pocket heroes and I've taken a much too long hiatus on the Hall...I gotta get back to work and yours and Tony's props will help...thanks guys
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Presenting: Rip Hunter, the Time Master

INGREDIENTS:

- Marvel Legends Stealth Captain America, w/ alternate head
- sculpted over the chest logo and raised the shoulder straps
- complete repaint
- added a knife notch from TMNT Raphael belt
- knife is from a Marvel Legends fig (I think)
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:31 pm

image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Back

I will also be working on his Time Sphere, so stay tuned!
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs