Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Ms Marvel has a nice caboose on her! Haha ...seriously that and Electric Chick is fantastic...always hated Mattels hair attempts, why couldn't they have done it like yours ?!?

Well done Master
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Illiasc » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm

As always Olds, love your work! Truly incredible! And those WIP's look like some very promising and exciting projects, can't wait to see how they evolve!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby tonyrome » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm

I'm going to post my work in progress of Harvey Bullock.. In case any of you guys ant to make one..

Just so you get an idea of what I did with this guy
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:45 pm

Like I already said in the other thread, thank you so much for sharing this. It's a real privilege to see how all of this was accomplished. I see the customization possibilities in a whole new light.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:18 am

Thank you for sharing these really cool WIP pictures of Bullock tonyrome. That is some impressive work on the sculpting and legs extensions :smgrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby tonyrome » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:23 am

1987olds442 wrote:Thank you for sharing these really cool WIP pictures of Bullock tonyrome. That is some impressive work on the sculpting and legs extensions :smgrin:

Thank you Olds, I actually borrowed the leg extensions from you after seeing your Captain America.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby Illiasc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:11 am

I say, thanks both Olds and tonyrome then for that. I've never even thought of using wood to extend the legs. All together though, love the recipe details and the WIP photos. Definitely excellent work, and thanks for sharing how you put it together! I'm pretty new to modifying action figures, and the more I see posts like that, the easier and better it is for those of us curious to know.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Wow, you took a figure I would've thought completely un-reusable and made some really slick mods to it. Hats off to you, sir, that is impressive creativity.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:56 pm

............can't........even......think......straight.....right..... Now.....still.....processing
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby tonyrome » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:31 pm

This is a commission I'm doing for a friend at work I decided to make two of them. I usually make two of everything lately. Hope you guys know who he is I'm working on the lid of his hat now.

Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs