Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Shadow Thief pg 12

Postby Webslinger » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:57 pm

Awesome Shadow Thief!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Dwarfstar p. 13

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Admittedly I didn't know much about the character Dwarfstar until he appeared in Secret Six because I never read Ryan Choi's run as Atom. But once he did I knew I'd have to make him. He's been kind of a side project while I work on other customs, but he's finally finished and found a use for the DCIH Atom I bought for a JLA stand-in until I picked up a DCUC Atom. Hoping to get the remaining Secret Six members done this year (Scandal, Ragdoll, Jeannette, maybe Black Alice and an attempt at improving a modern Giganta I did when I first started doing customs)

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Very cool, I like the fact you can take a figure from another line to use on this character because of the scale. I also like the rambling tease of what you have planned, man I never even thought about Black Alice til now! Every time I see your stuff it gets my mind thinking of possibilities. Great stuff! :hhgrin:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Lol, that's my problem too. Everytime I see other peoples customs I think of a bunch I'd like t do and my thoughts wander. Everytime you do an Infinity Inc'er I want to start that team, too. I bought a cast of Jeannette's head about four or five months ago now and keep getting sidetracked, partly because I'm still formulating her and Scandal in my head (not like that!)
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Johnny, Jakeem, and Thunderbolt p.

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:45 pm

I've had the mental designs for this Thunderbolt for a year, just finally found the intestinal fortitude to give him a try. Special thanks to Havok1891 for the idea of using a Hunger Games Rue figure for Jakeem Thunder (even better because she was on clearance at TRU for $.60!)

Formulas:
Johnny Thunder was just a repainted DC Direct Jimmy Olsen
Jakeem was a Hunger Games Rue figure with sculpt added to the chest, jaw, and sculpted baseball hat
Thunderbolt was Mercury with the nose/jaw trimmed, and the water spout base from a YJ Aqualad, and lightning pieces from an ML Storm base added to the head

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Johnny, Jakeem, & Thunderbolt p. 1

Postby HectorHall » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:25 pm

Johnny and Thunderbolt are exactly what I would expect from you, perfect. Jakeem is like a surprise bonus! Love the fact you were able to use a clearance figure to make such a great rendition.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Awesome job on those guys...before reading your instructions, I thought you hot glued the crap out of a wire hanger for the base; loved how it turned out!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:15 pm

That would be a lot of glue sticks, lol. I'm just happy he can still turn at the waist without falling apart. That took a lot of epoxy glue and milliput to cover, but he's solid down there.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:35 pm

[quote="packerbacker180] he's solid down there.[/quote]
Good to know, might be TMI :hhlol:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:41 am

...solid as a rock...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs