Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Max Mercury pg 11

Postby Webslinger » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Awesome!!! I could have seen him as a figure in the DC Sub had it gone through...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby wally2974 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Love that Mon-El, Packer....more obvious choices that Mattel overlooked for the sub.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:02 am

Really great work! I've been thinking about making a Max Mercury, and you just convinced my to make one. Mon-El looks great as well I wouldn't have thought about using a New52 Superman head for him. I have a similar build in my WIP figure box, but I'm using a Terry McGinnes head. Also great work on the sculpting on the torso :)
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks guys. Not sure what direction I want to head in next. Have ideas I'd really like to try for about ten different figures including Scandal Savage, Ragdoll, Ragman, Kyle Rayner, Zauriel, Aztek, Connor Hawke, Dr. Light, and Prometheus, amongst others. So many ideas, so little time, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:47 am

I vote for Ragdoll.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Shadow Thief

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Been kind of lazy with painting lately so what better time then to make Shadow Thief, lol? Took direction from Hector's version and went with a Toyman body to give him a more slim, elongated, creepy body (which was great, because that Toyman figure was one I thought I'd never find a use for since the arms are abnormally long).

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Shadow Thief pg 12

Postby HectorHall » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 pm

It might be a simple paint job, but it is a cool figure. The personality injected into the head sculpt is perfect.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:52 am

You're absolutely right. Even though he's 'just black', it's a cool use for a base figure, Icicle, I never gave a passing thought to useable for anything. So I needed to pilfer the idea for my own collection. Kudos to you for the foresight!
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:05 pm

I just saw this on Figure Realm...for being a repaint, what an awesome job! He's on my list and I was thinking of using the same recipe as you; curses, foiled again!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Lol. If you do, the Icicle head sits way too high on Toyman's head, so I wound up filling the peg hole with hot glue, and actually adding more on the bottom back of his head to make it taller. I then sculpted over that as a part of his cowl. I'm sure you'll figure out your own way to solve the problem if you use the TM body, just a forewarning.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs