Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Oldies but Goodies p.9

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:56 am

Thanks! Man, what a pain. I can get away with the stripes not being perfect on the sleeves because of the shirt wrinkles. But the helmet stripes had to be perfect, and either they wound up being too tall or crooked or the lines weren't straight. Sheesh.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby tonyrome » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:38 pm

Packer you have gotten really good I am a big fan of your work.. Trust me printing and applying emblems comes out really well and much easier than going blind.. just my two cents.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby wally2974 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:14 pm

HectorHall wrote:I am looking forward to your Sgt. Rock more than toy fair. truth

Yeah, I agree....I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Ole' Sarge. Unfortunely, the walls of time are closing in on this line....It's looking like the only way to get some of the "wants", that are high on our lists, are to make them ourselves, as customs!!
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:21 pm

tonyrome wrote:Packer you have gotten really good I am a big fan of your work.. Trust me printing and applying emblems comes out really well and much easier than going blind.. just my two cents.

Oh, I believe it. But it feels a bit like cheating to me, lol. Like painting the Mona Lisa's body than photoshopping her face. Part of me likes the challenge of handpainting everything. Most of them aren't as challenging as Sarge. Curves aren't tough, long line aren't bad. It was just painting something that small, that needed to be that straight. Old dog, new tricks, etc.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby tonyrome » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:55 pm

I cant wait to see the finished product the body and helmet look great :D
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Re: Packerbacker Customs--I am a Rock...I am a Sgt. pg 10

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Atten-hut!

Here he is, well, the best pictures I could get before the stupid string for his dog tags came undone. My fat fingers can't seem to get it tied now so I have to probably go buy some string to make a new necklace for Sarge. I'll post some more pics when I do. Until then...

At ease, gentlemen...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs--I am a Rock...I am a Sgt. p.10

Postby wally2974 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Great work, packerbacker! Really nice version of Sgt. Rock. Did you think about using some very small necklace chain for his dog tags, instead of string?
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby tonyrome » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:22 pm

Ladys and Gents Packer just hit a home run... NICE!
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby 1987olds442 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Dude! That is awesome! Really great work on sculpting the sleeves and the front of the shirt. Oh for the Dog Tags WWE elite John Cena comes with a set of dog tags.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:53 am

Hey, thanks a lot guys for making me feel like I did the character justice. As to dog tags, ain't no way I'm ever buying John Cena anything, lol. I can't see him. Think I'm going to kick back and do a couple simple paint scheme figures, maybe even to help celebrate the SuperRepaints Mattel just unveiled.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs