Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Amos Fortune p. 8

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Was moving some figures around so took some time to take pictures of some of my older figures where the original photos weren't so good (I'm not claiming these are better, just not...blurry). So enjoy!

Wild Dog and Richard Dragon:

King Shark:

Geo-Force and Vibe:

Modern Freedom Fighters:

Vigilante:

All-Star Squadron couples:

Nuclear Man and Captain Nazi:
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Oldies but Goodies p.9

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:05 pm

I remember seeing these some time ago...they're spectacular (I really dig King Shark, Geo and Western Vigilante) thanks for re-sharing them
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby wally2974 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:14 am

AWESOME work Packerbacker!! I was never a fan of Wild Dog, but he looks amazing! Shining Knight and Vigilante w/ his bike should have been incuded in the subscription. I also like the Ray and Phantom Lady, along with the rest of the group.
Last edited by wally2974 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:31 am

Hey thanks guys! I put off a lot of those guys because they seemed like such obvious choices for Mattel to make, both in popularity, and in tooling cost. Guess not. I'm waiting until after NYTF to see this 'great reveal' before I start any big name characters, but I'm going to need to start filling out my Justice League more after that. So little time...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Looking back through these figures reminds me so much of why I appreciate your work so much. You have great execution to be sure and on top of that, your character selection reaches into those often neglected corners of the DCU. Wild Dog!! Freakin' Wild Dog!! I mean heck, I made the Weird, but you took the time to bring the absolute worst Superman movie villain to life! And he looks awesome! I really need to start working on my All-Star Squadron plans........seriously, looking at your stuff is inspiring. Thanks.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm not sure who you mean by the worst Superman movie villain though. Clearly you're not referring to Nuclear Man?

I don't know why I'm stupid and do things like try to paint these stripes on Sgt. Rock. I'm going to end up blind like John Milton and have to have my poor daughter paint for me, lol. I'm just waiting on some accessories I ordered to arrive and he'll be done. Probaby Friday?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:18 am

I am looking forward to your Sgt. Rock more than toy fair. truth
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Doc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Perfect!
Doc
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Hey, thanks, Doc!

I don't even want to think about the actual hours I spent on this emblem because it should really make me question my sanity. Decals? Pfft. I scoff at decals. Actually, I came really close to trying it this time but my printer isn't doing colors proper and rather than try to tackle that I...ahem, soldiered on with hand-painting until I went to bed several nights (yep, spent multiple nights on this) cross-eyed. But after trying and re-trying multiple approaches to this, I think I'm satisfied with how it turned out...

At least until my eyes can focus again and I wonder what the heck was I thinking, lol. My toysrus package should arrive tomorrow with my bandoliers, so soon...

I actually started working on a Ragdoll custom, but I think I might try something much simpler for the next few figures...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:24 am

Looks good PB!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs