Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:40 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:28 am

You got to see an Ewok in action there for like the first time ever :o Some Golden Girls there :)

Here's this Star Wars Fan Film. It's called SW Ascension: An Expanded Universe Fan Film. Now this is truly unreal, there's only 3 likes on the video which one of them is Mine and only about 80 views :roll: This was made in 2015 and only that few amount has seen this :o How pathetic that is :roll: Now I think this is a greatly done film. It's about the aftermath of ROTS and there's a surprise character in this too :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:02 am

That was ok. Weird they chose to make a Mandalorian that looked more like a Shae Vizla helmet than something more modern like Jango/Boba/Bo Katan.

A little background on the episode below. When the bus breaks down that was carrying John Adams High contestants to the "High School Quiz Show," Cory and Shawn are forced to fill in and compete with Topanga. Unfortunately for Feeny, the show is for really smart kids, and Cory and Shawn cannot really compete, even though they are entertaining to watch. But Susan Kalliback, the show's producer, has an idea: what if they dumb down the questions to retain Cory and Shawn? In the second round, Shawn and Cory easily answer a question about X-Men that no one else can, driving the crowd wild. From there, the show only degenerates to become more like a silly MTV pop culture game. Eventually, the show effects Cory, Shawn, and Topanga's school work. They begin to get so involved in the show that they neglect their studies. And, scene....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:54 am

Yes, I'm sure there is a reason why that chose that :shock: I still don't understand how they only have 3 subscribers. Even if its a bad film which clearly it's not, there should be a ton of people seeing this and saying things about it. This YouTuber & company put all that effort in it and after nearly a decade only 80 views...that's awful :roll:

Good trivia there PB :) Well, I don't blame Mr. Feeny for walking out. The mid to late 90s is when kids were changing with the web and stuff. I got a kick out of him saying about King Koopa and The Princess :lol:

Here's this SW Fan Film, this is pretty decent :)

[url][/url]
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:33 pm

That SW was decent. That Mr Feeney speech is one of my favorites. It could be given in a classroom today and still be accurate. Sadly, maybe even more so.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:06 am

That's good. Yes it is even more so unfortunately :roll: Yes, I don't blame you for it being one of your faves PB ;) I never seen that SNL before. That was a good one. When I first saw that thumbnail I thought #2 was Robert Downey Jr. :shock: How about that, Dan Akroyd and Steve Martin :lol:

Okay, here's what I'm going to do, I'm going to make this SW Fan Film be a multi-part finale so I can move on with other stuff that i want to get to. So, remember the other day when you posted the guy in My WWE PLE Topic acting as Palpatine & Anakin and I said that I knew him a lot and I was going to save his great stuff for the finale :?: Well here it comes. I want to introduce you to Star Wars Theory. I've known his material around the time he began. He started his YouTube doing all kinds of SW vids like theories & explanations. he's completely dedicated to SW and very serious about it, he's really one of the biggest fans out there and has his own company that is really good.

From Wikipedia: Niatoos Dadbeh, better known by his YouTube channel, Star Wars Theory, is a Canadian YouTuber with 3.29 million subscribers, and is a self-described "Star Wars fan making content for other Star Wars fans". Its creator, commonly known as "Toos", began his YouTube channel in 2016 making videos about the Star Wars film franchise.

First Here's this video of him. I'm sure you'll recognize him and I'm sure you'll like the subject too ;)

Tomorrow I'll post a bit anticipation from his first major film :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:44 pm

I've seen him around but never paid attention to him until that Acolyte video a week or so ago. I'd put Ando above The Bad Batch. The Bad Batch had a lot of skippable episodes, especially season 3. Star Wars Resistance was pretty awful. I only watched a couple episodes and couldn't stand it. I'm pretty sure he'd make an even lower grade to put The Acolyte in, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:12 am

Oh that Chappelle was something :shock: I see. I can't say one way or another about most of'em. Okay, here's this bit of anticipation of his Vader Episode 1: Shards of the Past. First off when I was following him back in around 2018, I was quite surprised of his dedication and knowledge. Here's his quote from the YT video you are about to see.

"Music makes the movie I always say. The music in my videos takes just as long or longer to put and find in my videos than the video's creation itself sometimes. Music is key. I have enjoyed all the auditions for the Vader fan-film, but it is finally time to hire one chosen composer for episode 1. I hope you are excited!" - Star Wars Theory

Now that you read that, here's the video. I was very surprised how he talks about musical scores. It made Me feel good because 7 - 8 times out of 10 nobody ever mentions the importance of music and how it makes a scene what it is. It makes My day when people talk about it especially the composers that make such wonderful stuff :) I'm like he's saying the same thing that I have said much longer than YT has existed :shock: Now when he chose the composer, I was not familiar with him but once his movie came out then I heard potential. Here's the video that you also see behind the scene footage as well :)

Now, you saw that and heard what he said. Here's the teaser of his film :!:

Tomorrow I will show the actual Fan Film and there's a lot more to it so get ready for some cool stuff PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:53 pm

I bet it's better than Kenobi.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:49 am

That Honeymooners was really good :)

Okay, now here it comes...

remember the videos I showed you yesterday about what he said about the music and so forth...

I seen this many times over the years...

and now it's time for you too...are you ready :?:

Watch in separate window, you want as much maximum full screen as possible :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions