Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Odds & Ends: Broadway Comics & Fatale!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Odds & Ends: Hard Justice VHS!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:40 am

As you know, I'm a huge action film fan, I have been ever since I was a youngster. Wrestlers, Action Stars, Martial Artists...I mean look how many Action Stars & Martial Artists has been in Wrestling and look how many Wrestlers has been Action Movies...I saw that it all went hand in hand long ago, it was really a no-brainer situation and it's so fun too :) So with that being said, as you just saw My very special Cyborg & JCVD showcase, I'm continuing a bit more of Action Movies, here's one of THE LAST great action movies ever of all-time and it's...

Yes, its Hard Justice...really and truly the Ultimate actioner :!: It's by New line Cinema & Turner Home Entertainment as you saw above. It came out the great year of 1995 and released in 1996 on VHS. I saw this long ago and I just loved it so I had to buy the VHS online. It stars David Bradley whom is one of the most underrated Action Hero Martial Artists there is. Also Charles Napier is the villain which is very apropos. So here's My VHS. I have always loved how it looks with its dark natured Box Sleeve and those Raised Chrome Words :batsmile:

Here's a close-look at the back of the Box with it's pictures & story/plot-line :)

Here the VHS Label with the New line Cinema & Turner Home Entertainment Logos there plus the 1996 Copyright. Like I say, always, always check those Copyrights out to check who made it and when ;)

Now since I originally got this used from eBay, I had no connection with the place this came from which was ET Video but I don't want them falling to Oblivion so here's their Sticker :)

I looked them up and apparently their still around or at least their web site is. Here's a sample of it ;)

I've always been a person that liked visuals and I will always talk about it. Like I said before just a moment ago, I love the Raised Chrome Words on the VHS Box Sleeve. In fact this is one of My most favorite Boxes of ever of all-time :batwink:

Soon I plan on spotlighting this great action film in PB's Movie Trailer Topic in time so be sure to check that out when the time arises :shock: Well, I hope you enjoyed My unique Hard Justice VHS Tape showcase. Next up will be a different kind. It will be a special flashback showcase that is also from 1995-1996 I did in the General Discussion section that I felt needed to be within My all-crucial Odds & Ends which this will have new material and will be much more exciting as well, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:45 pm

Can't say I ever heard of this. At first I thought it was a Steven Seagal film, but that was Hard to Kill.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:48 am

As you know I'm about obscurity and things that nobody talks about and that I never want to fall in Limbo and to Oblivion. Yes, I know Seagal's movie was Hard to Kill, that was his second film. I own that on VHS and have a collection of his as well as other action stars. As you saw I did a very special JCVD Cyborg presentation and I'm going to continue that with MOTU later on in the future here within this very important topic of Mine. Like I said one day I'll post Hard Justice in your Movie Trailer Topic PB once we're done with the Godzilla & Kajiu movies and when I get to talking about action movies which I don't want to rush that...I'll talk more about Hard Justice then in time ;) Thanks for checking this out PB...more will be arriving soon so stay alert :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: Broadway Comics & Fatale!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:38 am

So here I go with a special showcase that I presented in over in the General Topics Section a while back but I kept on thinking I should have put it in My Odds & Ends and well after that amount of time I'm finally doing it :)

Yes, it's Broadway Comics, one of My favorite comic companies and one of course that nobody talks about as it has fallen to this Limbolic era which I really, really dislike. So what your going to see here is My original showcase via a quote then after that some new materiel just for this presentation. I'm one of the so very few people that does what i do, heck possibly even the only one which is very pathetic how this age has become to show the past whether it was great or not. So these are some of My most favorite comics of ever of all-time starting with My quote :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So I have been thinkin' about this all year, about the 25th Anniversary of FATALE :!: She is one of My most favorite comic book babes of ever, of all-time :o

OK, so first off, I originally posted this topic way back 2013 with only 1 reply from somebody that doesn't even post here anymore! I originally thought that this topic was gonna be a top one but it got lost the shuffle for many years until now all thanks to Me :D I had edited My first posts as I believe the pics needed to be updated and it needed a few tweeks here and there so I suggest you go there first then come back right here because there is gonna be some great stuff to behold!

Here's the the Broadway Logo and it's founder, the legendary Jim Shooter :!:

Here is all of the history to know so click dem links below!    

Here is Broadway's WIKIPEDIA PAGE to find out all the info!

To find out all of the info go here!

So if you went back and seen it, you already know that I originally discovered Fatale in the January 1996 WWF Magazine that I got in December of 1995! It was an ad of one of My most fave pics of her which I will talk about in a bit. When I first saw her I thought oh My gosh, she's incredible! I was only going on 15 but gosh, decades have gone by and I still love her :smgasp: I have always thought for decades it pays so much to be into wrestling because you'll notice so many things and if your not then I can't help you there. Here is the front & back covers of the mag. Pics are not mine, just edited ;)

First, I have a huge collection of WWF & WCW magazines but their in storage and really hard to get to. Wow, I loved that magazine, the feel of it and everything :batshock: 1990 - 1996 was such great years for those especially 95-96. Oh and them Karate Fighters by Hasbro. I got them when they first came out. I remember that they were the WWF's sponsor for many months and I may showcase them in My Great Vintage Action Figure Topic whenever I get to the 90s.

This is the pic that got Me attention 100% :o I had seen many classy & hot women in DC & Marvel among other comics before but she was 1 of a kind to/for Me :batgrin:

A while later when I was doing My research here & there after her second comic, I saw her third issue and I was absolutely wowed with her cover with this one :batshock:

So technically she was introduced in 1995 but was officially introduced in 1996...25 years ago...this year :!: OK, if you clicked the links then you'll know who Desirée Hopewell is and what Broadway was. I must say she was My fave but she wasn't the only hot & awesome one however :batconfused:

Also, in the comics, they did advertise WWF Magazines & WWF In Your House PPVs! plus great video games :smgrin:

Here is a few pics of her within the comics :)

I really digged the Babes of Broadway. It was the 90s particularly 96, things were changing, I was changing, and women were changing and this book was a treat that clearly showed that!

I digged Fatale's arch-nemesis Layil Ogun, yeah, she was a true bad @$$ and was also a hottie!

So, I wanted to show off My entire collection of Broadway Comics that I got long ago. During My pics I will commentate just a bit here. NOTE: I do not have the hardcover version as it was very expensive & hard to get :roll:

1ST EVER Broadway Comics & The Babes of Broadway: yep, that's the one and Babes of Broadway is so cool. I loved Blood S.C.R.E.A.M. Darn shame they never made a second edition of B.O.B.!

Shadow State: Yep, the first ones!

Fatale: Desirée's own story arch which she originally appeared in the Shadow State series! Her stories were so fun to read and of course to look at. She was such a playful yet dangerous beauty :batsmile:

Star Seed: Unfortunately the overall story arc of Shadow State and The Powers that Be was basically over as they chose Star Seed as their last major character which is such a shame :batsad:

The Knights of Broadway: This was the last they ever published. Because of poor sales & criticism, Broadway went under fast and had only existed about a year or so, I have thought this was so pathetic and disgusting that this happen :batsmh:

BONUS!

Black & White editions: Even though these were the same ones I already had, I had to get these promo titles and they gave Me an extra #1 of Fatale so I have a duplicate of that one :smgasp:

So there you have it. It always pains Me about the demise of Broadway. I supported them all the way but what can you do :smsmh:

These comics are just one of the many countless things that was great in the 90s that I miss. The comics were so great in detail, story and quality. The covers were shiny & raised. The women were awesome to look at & could kick @$$ all the same...in fact IMO the women of the 90s real & fictional are My favorites of any decade!

OK, that's it. So there is the 25th Anniversary of Fatale plus bonus stuff as I showcased in My collection. If your just now looking at this then please go back to the beginning cuz if you don't your not gonna get the excitement of this comic presentation. I hope you enjoyed this. Comments please and thanks for looking :smsmile:

So there's that and that should have been quite wowing for at least somebody. Now I'm going to take a good gander at some selections of these fine, extremely underrated & unappreciated comics so get ready for another wild ride :batwink:

This was actually Fatale's first appearance and arguably the best she looked. These really rocked as like I said before, the best looking women were in the 90s and that goes for all media & platforms including Comics :batsmile: Also notice Jim Shooter, the man that left Marvel to create his own company which was Broadway Comics give's "his word" there in a special forward. As always click My pictures for massive details :)

This came out in December, 1995 and I recall that like it was yesterday. Look how wonderful she looks there and there's a look at Overstreet's Fans on the back Cover :)

This was her second appearance and boy she was great here :batshock:

I just loved how she'd tease and stuff. She was so remarkable with his big assets then and she is still smoking hot now :batwink: Notice at the bottom right, it says Fatale #1 is on sale now so by this time she got her own Comic series and man-o-man it was a dandy to say the least :batsmile:

So now moving on to Till Death Do Us Part. First there's a skit by comedian Jeff Jones. We see Wendi Hickenbottom who is really hot looking. Soon she grows and becomes Afterglow and her boyfriend Zach says how weird this is and he runs away into Superion whom is her true love. I loved how realistic it was when she changed with her bikini coming off because it was now too small for her. That's one thing they could have done with The Incredible Hulk and especially She-Hulk but of course they didn't. I'm always for realism and this is still great in My book :batwink:

I love Afterglow's physique, she has some really great boobs :batwink: Also it's really cool how he got rid of Zach as well I mean when he hit the concrete it was fatality time :smsmh: :wwshock: :batwink:

Here's a special Your Word Section with a bit of Desirée Hopewell. I love her look with the tank top bra & jean shorts, that's a look that seriously needs to come back now as it was such a cool fashion for women :batwink:

Here's an Advertisement for Fatale #1 in January, 1996. Gosh that was such a great time. now as I mentioned earlier, I first found about this in the January 96 WWF Magazine. Well, there was some WWF Advertisements within these very fine Comics. It was so cool during these times as two very different worlds were coming together but hey, this was late 95 - 96, the WWF was getting edgier and still people aren't seeing how it was before the Attitude Era just like Broadway Comics is so obscure but with such a low amount of people like Myself actually doing things like trying to prevent this great stuff falling even further in Limbo and trying to help it return, people can look back and see so much good stuff that they missed :) Now one of the Advertisements was for subscribing to WWF Magazine. I just loved these days of WWF Magazine and as plain as this ad appears with My favorite WWF Logo of all, it's actually arguably the funnest WWF Magazine Ad that they made IMO :)

Now they also Advertised WWF on America Online/AOL for Early/Mid 1996. This was one of the sole purposes I wanted to join AOL. When I saw these ads I thought it was so radical and next level material which indeed it was. The year of change 1996 was really when I got back into PCs and things really changed since I last used Computers. One thing about today's society is that it really lacks like people My age that they don't talk about their first experiences with the Web and talk about the old Net. I mean last year I deeply expressed how it was for Me about Peer-to-Peer Sharing in My great Composer Topic and it's like nobody knows what that was. I see so very few videos & people talking about Napster, WinMX, BearShare, TCP among other stuff and I'm like has all of this fallen in Limbo plus it's not good for this Generation of all of the things they could know from the past :roll: See, when people don't talk about stuff and do things about it...that's what happens and that is what I've been trying to prevent from happening within My great Topics :) So the options here was Trivia, TV Zone, Main Screen & Shop. I liked how they chose Jim Cornette, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Jake" The Snake" Roberts & Shawn Michaels which still to this day I adore how this whole setup was designed...such classic Internet times :)

Also I love the Beyond the Pages because you got an inside look before the actual magazine hit the newsstands and putting magazines on the web wasn't an option as stuff like that digitally really wasn't even a thought yet :shock: That's a really good iconic picture of HBK from his "boyhood dream coming true" at WWF Wrestlemania 12. Also I really like the picture they chose of Marlena because I had a crush on her as much as I did Sunny :wwshock: :batwink: :smwink: That Bodyslammin' Gallery was so exciting because I loved looking at the pics & video clips but most of all listening & downloading Wrestling Themes. That was arguably the biggest and most exciting part of this whole time on WWF on AOL for Me. In fact since I was already a movie score listener veteran by this time, this became an added hobby for Me because like I said before, there is little to no difference in a movie soundtrack & movie score and wrestling themes..if you can hear a wrestler's theme in the background...you can hear the musical score in a film or vice versa...it's always been that way with Me :) Of course I expanded to get other wrestling themes on the web like from WCW & ECW and Independents. It was quite fun really for many years and the days that we know of YouTube really only happen about a decade ago or so with the big bang of Social Media in the tone down year of 2011, cause in the mid to late 2000s YT was very different place and not about likes, subs and making money. Really I miss the old days of the web and again, people really needs to starting talking about it once more because I'm only one person. There's the Phone Number and the 1996 Copyright :) Yes, it says "you had better be prepared and call for 15 Free Hours"...times were quite different back then but they good ;)

So now we're going to have a brief look at Fatale #1 with that awesome raised front Cover that came out in January, 1996. I always say that 1996 was a year of change but it was starting before that and there's Overstreet's Fans with a hot looking set of legs in high-heels during a blue hot night :batwink:

Here's a great look at various selections throughout the Fatale-Inherit the Earth Series, Here's a close look at Desirée Hopewell in her very hot looking silk nightgown doing one of the great things she knows how to do and that is...fighting :!: I've always loved this look about her...she's still one of the hottest female comic characters ever seen IMO :batsmile:

After she recovers she's in bed looking even hotter :smwink:

She's into more fighting and look, she's wearing those custom cut blue jean shorts. I've said it before, gosh I miss that look on women now...that is one of so many things that is lacking in this modern pathetic day & age :roll: There's a lot that is kinda random here that I selected that is kind of out of order but it still looks mighty darn decent :)

I love this picture of Hopewell, she is so awesome. Here's a great look at her nemesis Ogun. She's a beauty too. She's blonde with shorter hair, more slender but she is busty as well as in great shape. The 90s had such great looking blond women :batwink: She's insane and wants all the power to herself to fulfill her immortality :wwsmh:

I love how she is shown nude here in the shadows, only one of the many reasons why I love this series and Broadway Comics in general :batsmile: Here's a great look at Hopewell kissing her love as this is how she becomes one of the most powerful forces ever known :!:

She looks terrific in her army clothing..I love a huge boobed babe in military gear :)

Here she is displaying her great Martial Arts skills and looking great in a long white buttoned shirt :batwink:

Here's a Word from Jim Shooter then Layil is getting ready to sacrifice Desirée and while she is successful..the power of the Dragon was too much and just like that Hopewell is resurrected and ends her battle with the hot villainess :o

It's time for her to "Inherit the Earth". Now here's a very bittersweet Advertisement with her pointing her finger like "come over here" :wwwink: It's an order form to get all of the Fatale Comics. It says they were hard to find even then :shock: Smash is there as it was your first Web Magazine. Now if you seen My fantastic restoration of BijoiuFlix whom were the first streamers online before streaming was even a thing here within this very crucial Odds & Ends then you know how important it is for Me to show how things once was that nobody ever talks about anymore in this distantly lacking society because without these forerunners this great digital age would be nothing without them :!: One day I hope this generation & kids today will understand this. Now if this wasn't bad enough, the deadline of ordering these was on November 6, 1996...sadly Broadway Comics was already out of businesses :o :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Little did they know that was going to happen :roll: I hope that I wasn't the only one that ever appreciated the sheer beauty of their comics and pure fun that they brought overall :)

So here's an Ad for a FREE Newsletter which unfortunately I never was able to participate in. Here's another look at the WWF AOL Ad and even the SNES Game of Todd McFaralne's Spawn by Acclaim. I look back on how darn cool all of this was and I'm like man-o-man, how times are now :roll:

Like I've said before many times, the 90s had some of the most absolute best comic art and of course some of the most stunning women as you've just seen above :batwink: Now this is arguably My favorite issue of them all and the most anticipated to showcase because it's The Babes of Broadway :batwink: :wwsmile: :smgasp: The front Cover is just remarkable with Desirée "Fatale" Hopewell on it. I just love her pose showing her wonderful skin wearing her red lingerie-esque bikini but still wearing her gauntlets. She has wonderful hands with red fingernail polish on. She looks like she would fit right in with Duke Nuke 3D that came out the very same year of 1996 :o Shame that never had a chance of happening :roll: Next is an ad for Robert M. Overstreet's Comic Book Price Guide from Gemstone Publishing with Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, NIghtwing, The Terminator & Dr. Doom then there's the Index with them women that made this possible :wwwink:

This came out in May, 1996 and was only $2.95. Really IMO this should have cost more than that because the Cover feels so good and the artwork is so darn cool as this is like a superb edition :batwink:

Now I'm not going to show the entire book but I will show most of the great stuff :) First off there's an ad that Broadway Comics is going to the Chicago Comicon. I hope there was some good fans there really appreciated them as much as I do because Broadway Comics was almost there to hangup their short-lived tenure of a great comic company of not even being in existence a year...that is way, WAY too short in My book I mean if you met these people that created these awesome comics and was able to get their merchandise from them in person...that was one heck of a milestone there so again I hope them people that went there still tell their stories today of how radical that was then :) Next up is a very special section with two of the Editors whom are both female. I spoke how remarkable the front Cover is...well whats even more so is what their talking about the differences in Pinups and that it all has to do with Attitude :batwink: Now this is 1996, the year of change. When I say that I really don't think people know where I'm coming from. I know there's people out there that don't pay attention to the details no matter what the size they are but I've always been a very observant person and over time I've learned you gotta pay attention to things far more then ever before. So keep in mind of the all of the WWF I showed from the beginning of this great showcase till the end here. By this time The New Generation was in it's last days really because WCW was getting ready to bring the very first times of the The Attitude Era with the nWo. It just wasn't in wresting...movies were changing and as I said before about Twister & ID4, women was really changing...sure they were starting when the great year of 1990 was a-go but they slowly were getting there especially in the great year of 1995. Sports, Video Games, Music and more was changing. Metallica even came with a song on their superbly fun Re-Load called Attitude in 1997 before the name of The Attitude Era was even coined and the guitar of Carpe Diem sounds like the DX Theme :o What I'm saying is The Attitude Era IMO is just not in wrestling, it was all over the place starting in 96 and Broadway Comics was the first that I noticed talking about "Attitude" and if these women see how today's pathetic androgynous modern era has become, I'm sure they would be ashamed and never thought it would be this way like an alternate reality :roll: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

So the first entries here is Afterglow who's almost seven feet all and four hundred pounds of beauty. Like I said before she has wonderful breasts that are shaped really good but heck even before she became this ultimate babe, Wendi looked fine at five-foot-five and one hundred, twenty-five pounds then and her boobs weren't that small either :batwink: Next up is her superbabe group called Blood S.C.R.E.A.M. which they are Afterglow, Sacristy & Harlotte. They are totally awesome women. Their enemies are lead by the Dominator which is called The Dominatrixes. All six of them women looks fantastic and I really like all of these extreme babes :batwink: :wwshock: :smsmh:

Here's Emerald, she's a stripper that is making money for her crippled son. While she doesn't like her profession, she a great one and has one heck of a great look with her big boobs & thick body :batwink: Here's Natalie Cushlin which is one of Fatale's foes. She's got a fine physique and is very slender but in great shape :) Ah now here we go with Layil Ogun who I featured earlier. She is Hopewells nemesis and wants the Dragon Spirit all for herslef seen above. I love this picture of how dangerously sexy she is :batwink:

Now this is My favorite of all...here's Desirée Hopewell. I love how she's looking at the viewer with her beautiful green eyes in almost a similar pose as to how she looks on the front Cover but this time she's naked doing a handbra on her massive boobies :batshock: She's a got a box of chocolates and I just love inviting & playful women :)

Next up is two of Tammy Neil's Knights. First is Joan aka Sizz, the Knight of Fire and Marie aka Shady the Knight of Naught. Both are very good looking. Then is FUTURE TECH's DeeLacey & Rave and then Black Annis whom is very unique to say the least and is drawn very distinctively compared to the rest of most if not all the illustrations of Broadway's entire history :shock:

Here's some words from the Publisher & Executive Editor and yes their women too...such a different Era then compared to now :roll: Next up is an Advertisement for Broadway Comics. I really like this picture. It's one of the earliest pictures depicting Cyberspace and the Internet/World Wide Web. Again like I said before, I love to see how it was back then and it's a shame how people just don't look back and think how it was :roll: The teenager at his Computer sitting in his Broadway Comics Chair is blown away as his visited Comics.net and saw Desirée Hopewell on the front Cover of The Babes of Broadway :o I know kids & teenagers are so different now and could careless about this stuff now but back then teenage boys & young men like Me were pretty wowed about that sort of thing and still after all of these years I think it's great not to mention seeing it now as close as possible to reminisce like this in My collection in hand is pretty prodigious :) The female stuff just wasn't it I mean seeing Wrestling, Video Game, Baseball, Kaiju, Comic, Movie stuff was really surprising back then especially with BijouFlix that I posted a while back here in My All-Crucial Odds & Ends of My restoration of their Web Site as well as My special VHS Tapes as they were the first streamers long before streaming was a thing today and way before YouTube existed with their spoiling thumbnails. Gosh I miss this age but again, seeing it how it was like this in My Comics is a pleasure and I'm grateful about it :)

Here's an ad for Knights of Broadway, Cutting Edge Broadway Newsletter, WWF Magazine Subscription Ad and a back Cover featuring Rise 2: Resurrection video game that nobody ever talks about during this current day's age. This was so awesome back then in 95 & 96 and with Me it's just as cool now as it was then :)

Here's two selected back Covers of video games both by Acclaim. The one is the same above which is Rise 2: Resurrection and the other is D. Both titles are severely obscure to today's society which is such a shame how it has allowed itself to become. I complain all the time how nobody talks about Acclaim anymore when they were the biggest video game company in the late 80s, entire 90s & early 2000s and made some of the most fun video game titles. It makes no sense yet it's still happening and it really irks Me. I mean if your My age and you played Acclaim games for a very long time...did you think they'd have that fate years later :? I think not and this generation seriously needs to look back and see what a real video game era was like :!: With that being said D had a very remarkable poster which was a precursor to many games & even movies that would come out years later such as Shadow Man & The Grudge. Rise 2: Resurrection was a great fighting game that was far ahead of it's time which was co-made by Mirage Studios.

These games were on Sega Saturn, Sony Playstation & PC.

Here's the 1995 & 1996 Copyrights...always's check those Copyrights no matter what type of collectible you have :)

So the majority of My Broadway Comics Collection I got at MyComicShop.com aka Lone Star Comics long ago. Last year I showcased them when i showcased My Dark Horse Comics in a very special presentation for Halloween :blbat:

So that will do it for this extremely special showcase of Broadway Comic and My favorite which is Fatale. Maybe you never seen these before or perhaps I sparked a memory or two :?: Either way i hope you liked this and were surprised :) I have a lot of stuff that I have planned for My Odds & Ends but I'm not sure what I'm going to decide of what is next...I shall see what will be the next update, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Toy Discussions