Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Hasbro Dungeons & Dragons!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: Hasbro Dungeons & Dragons!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:59 am

Just when I think I'm out...

At a couple stores I managed to get all 5 figures that are currently out for 70% off, so the Diana, Bobby, Hank for $7 and the Venger/Dungeon Master set for $15. That was too good a price. Hoping the last three I can get cheap around Black Friday on Amazon ti complete the set. Haven't opened them yet.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:06 pm

Well congrats on this. Keeping looking off & on in store and online, ya never they might be what you want before Black Friday and happy opening them up too ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:45 pm

Welp, picked up the second wave of figures today at Target on clearance for $7.49 each, so that completes the set, No bad, paid under $8 per figure for all 8 figures.

Now my next 80s series I'd love to see figures from is Thundarr. Gimme an Ookla, Hasbro!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:00 am

How are these? I keep putting off buying these myself. Then again, there's no crazy sales like these going on here.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:28 am

They're decent. They're based on the cartoon so the colors are pretty flat and cartoony. There's no washes or anything, which seems to make sense. They're pretty standard Hasbro articulation. Nothing exceptional where I'd pay $25 for them, but the price was nice. Ollie's, a discount chain here had toons of the first wave for $10 at Christmas. Not sure what kind of discount chains are up north, but you might want to check them out if there are any.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:21 am

Well that's great PB, I'm glad you finished your collection there :) That's a really good price reminiscent of the old days before all of the insane price hikes. I loved it when I used to go to Target and look at the toy, movie & soundtrack/scores isles as I always wanted to see and get the stuff in person rather than online (even though online was cheaper and better selections) as I never wanted to give in to what the modern era was becoming..now look at it :roll: Congrats PB and who knows, maybe Hasbro will do that and then you could get them this super cheap like you did here ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Dungeons & Dragons Tiamat!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:08 pm

I watched the Honor Among Thieves last week and then I started rewatching the 80s cartoon. Super7 announced this giant Tiamat figure and he looks awesome and I'd love to get him but...$300!!!??? I can't see paying that much for him. He's smaller than Galactus and comes with nothing else. I know it's a different toy company and probably a much smaller production total, but oof, I just can't. I had the LJN Tiamat when I was a kid, and this would go great with the Hasbro D&D line, but yeesh! Still, it looks pretty damn cool.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:36 am

I know, I recall in this topic that you collected & had the original line & even Tiamat. You posted a bit of that in the My MonsterVerse Topic which I'm quote that here ;)

packerbacker180 wrote:I remember Tiamat from the 80s D&D cartoon. I actually had the toy back then, I guess it's worth a lot of money now. Wish I still had it. Interesting about Shimo. We'll see how right you are. Probably going to go see this on Tues or Wed since the kids are home from school.

Yes, Super7 is a great company but still their not at the top despite all of the great stuff that they created that Mattel failed too. I have some of their figures but the prices were getting really high then and that's when I had to retire from buying modern action figures in 2018 then 2020 came and that's when i had the awakening of realizing that Vintage is better in many ways. That's insane that she cost $300 :shock: I say she because I've always know the Dragon to be a female plus the guy in the video called her "she". I don't know how anybody can start much less complete a collection. From what you told Me about your interests of your son and what I know of kids today, they are not like how when we were kids so stuff like Super7 D&D is really for Adults. Amazing how time have really changed :roll: You could get a good number of the original Vintage line for the price of this new Tiamat figure. I've said this stuff before about the Vintage Star Wars too plus you get all of that history compared to this modern stuff that is really just remakes, reboots & re-imagining. With tha being said...this Tiamat does look great and appears to be really sculpted to resemble/reminisce the original LJN style. Shame there's no additional figures or anything else to help make the $300 price tag more attractive and make one feel that it's worth it. It's cool about this whole thing Packer ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:09 pm

Yeah, I don't know what they could've added for value. Sure, some blast/fire effects, but I wouldn't display those anyway. Maybe a figure or two, but outside of the main characters, everyone else wouldn't be much of a draw. Still, the image where she's up on her hind legs looks impressive. But I just can't see the value in $300, especially for a vinyl figure with limited articulation.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:21 am

Now I would display little effects like that if they were easy to put on, didn't hinder the figure and of course looked good. I liked those little blaster effects that Hasbro did for the Star Wars line a long time ago, same thing with ToyBiz Marvel Legends. Yeah, people's interests hurts things and and for themselves IMO. There's been so many characters over the decades that was never made because they wouldn't be big sellers. I don't know how many times I heard Toy Guru say at Comic Cons among here & there that we're not making it because people's not interested. There's so many MOTU Filmation characters that I wanted them to make and they didn't and still haven't and then because of, it stops some great stuff that we could have had :roll: Oh yeah, the pic of her standing up is awesome. I can't see the $300 value either. I can't even see a $100 value. I see something that's cool looking and that's beyond overpriced. Its like all of these super expensive cars...people brag how great they are that they cost in the triple digits of thousands...I'm like is it like the Batmobile...bulletproof, has shields, can float like a boat, can fly among a lot of other stuff and it's like no...well then what makes that better than lesser priced cars...the name of the company...big deal...I don't think any car that doesn't feature that is worth $50 grand or above. I've always thought that since so long ago and the same thing goes with toys and the like. Since it is a Vinyl figure which I have explained before that is a wonderful Japanese tradition of Kaiju figures so that is a very,very cool factor of this Tiamat figure by Super7 :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Toy Discussions