Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Modern Collection: My Accoutrements!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: McFarlane Big League

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:46 pm

I never got any MLB McFarlane figures. I have a few Brett Favres and Aaron Rodgerss, and couple Buffalo Sabres players. The likenesses are much better than Kenner, but I think Kenner Starting Lineups will always have a special place in my heart, and I think they're a little more fun as far as toys go.

The Home Run Race was a hell of a time. Somewhere in my packed away totes I have a bunch of national newspapers from the day after McGwire broke Maris' record. If I ever come across them, I'll take some pics for you.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 26, 2023 6:53 am

McFarlane's baseball figures were great but yes Kenner's has the toy feeling that is like unbeatable.

Thanks, that would be interesting to see, I've never seen anybody else online that celebrated this one way or another. Oh I have newspapers too. I have an unfinished scrapbook that is huge about 4 feet high & wide and weighs around 10 to 15 pounds with newspapers and all of that stuff which sadly I never finished years & years ago but I have been thinking about it from time to time. I also got a life size stand up that I got from Schnucks on Loughborough that I begged My Grandma to make a deal with the manager over there to give it to Me. I don't know if I'll show these because their so hard to maneuver but if I do it will be in My Odds & Ends :o Thanks for the reply PB, I appreciate it :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 26, 2023 6:22 pm

Well, at the time it seemed like a big moment in sports. I mean, the record had stood for four decades, and that year there was so much news about McGwire and Sosa, it felt like a great moment in Amercian history. And then Bonds broke it a few years later. And who knows, maybe Aaron Judge might do it soon. I think Cal Ripken's starts streak might be the one unbreakable sports record, even greater than DiMaggio's hit streak. The way players are rested, and change teams, and everything, I can't see someone playing that many games in a row these days.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 27, 2023 7:05 am

It was a great moment for the nation. Like I said, it changed the way I looked and felt about things meaning it made Me feel good & excited. Bonds was threatening during that time. Yeah, baseball isn't the same anymore :roll: Ripken's record seems to be a superb tough one and don't forget about Hack Wilson's 191 RBI in a single Season too :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 27, 2023 11:28 am

I could see someone approaching that Hack Wilson record. It's impressive, but it's still just 1.25 RBIs per game, which is a lot, but I could see someone getting near it on a really good team, especially with Hrs going up again. Then again, if they did, they'd probably start to get the Barry Bonds intentional walk treatment.

Hugh Duffy hitting .440 in 600 at bats is another record that will never get beaten but baseball is a completely different sport compared to 80, 90, 100 years ago, so it's hard to even compare stats.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 28, 2023 5:59 am

I agree and when Adam Dunn first started I thought he was going for the battle average record because he was really patient at the plate looking at balls & taking walks and getting great hits but that didn't last long and I'm like well I guess not :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Hasbro JP///!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:31 am

So continuing from what My last part of My great showcase was which was My Hasbro Starting Lineup Mark McGwire + McFarlane version), here is a special showcase that is spawning at least 2 more Hasbro presentations from Me which the first will be this...

That's right, it will be a cool, Jurassic Park /// showcase however it will be different than what you might expect it to be. So first off I am going to show these special figures that I showed a long while back in My good Dinosaur Topic. I got these Jurassic Park /// two-packs of mini figures over at My at Family Dollar back in 2005 which is the year of their release which more on that a few short minutes :) They are in the scale & style of some of the original baby Kenner Jurassic Park Dinosaur figures of the 90s that was included with the standard human character action figures. There was originally four 2 packs that included 2 versions of a T-Rex, a Spinosaurus, a Stegosaurus, a Triceratops, a Compsognathus/Compy and a Pteranodon. A decent selection and a obvious one would indeed want it to consist :batsmile:

The sculpting is nifty and while their clearly updated due to Hasbro upgrading their sculpting to fit the bill of McFarlane & Sideshow who truly broke the barriers of the sculpting standards in the late 90s. They aren't in scale with each other but that doesn't matter because if they were it wouldn't been possible to make them into 2-Packs. The Pteranodon has articulated wings. The color schemes are pretty good and I love the color tone of the Raptor's blue stripes :batsmile:

Here is one of their nice Blister Cards. There isn't a whole bunch of detail & info for bio freaks like Me and/or for kids to learn about each individual included. Notice the $3 Price Sticker. That was the cool Family Dollar sticker they use on many of their top bargains. These figures were basically exclusives and are some of the rarest of just not the Hasbro JP/// series but out of the entire Jurassic Park action figure line by Kenner & Hasbro combined since day one as a whole :o

So as I said I got these babies over at Family Dollar. Here is another look My local Family Dollar that is right next to Big Lots that I have showcased before. Unfortunately this Family Dollar is no longer there as they are being taken over by Dollar General. I had showcased another Family Dollar that had the same fate which you can read that and so much more in great Vintage Wrestling VHS & DVD Collection Showcase --->here http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/wrestling-toys-collectibles-f56/my-vintage-wrestling-collection-t1082-120.html...that Big Lots is still there however which is great. I also posted a really radical special about that one as well as I went on a cool MOTUC journey here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/he-man-the-masters-of-the-universe/my-great-times-big-lots-motuc-edition-t1172.html...

So here's Family Dollar & Big Lots from a distance. The huge building complex that they are shared with is Burlington Coat Factory... that is THE SAME building that was originally Venture which I have showcased & talked about numerous times throughout the board including My Vintage Action Figure Topic. It was arguably My favorite store of all. Also notice the complex on the far left with the green trim, that was Frank's Nursery & Crafts, they were great too and I showcased them rather well in My Odds & Ends. Back then in the 80s & 90s My Grandma & Me done a lot there back then (My Mom worked at Venture for a time before she made it to Sears in Crestwood Plaza and I had some great moments with her there as well) and after Venture & Franks went out of business it wasn't the same however it was still fun because of Big Lots & Family Dollar and even though things has really changed now I'm quite grateful that I experienced all of that :)

NOTE: Jurassic Park /// was the last film that I saw with My Grandpa at the show in 2001, I'll talk more about that in My next showcase as it will all tie together :(

Next is this one. One day Me & Grandma were at Our local Holly Hills Walgreens in late 2001 and as I've said many times here I love looking their toy isles. I noticed this JP/// figure and she said when she wins $20 on the Missouri Lottery Scratch-offs... she'll get'em for Me and I'm like ok, that sounds good :) :shock: Well, around a week or two later she won some bucks and he was Mine :shock: This figure was an electronic Spinosaurus by WowWee :o He has a remote controller in the form of an Dinosaur Egg which was such a clever choice on their part :batsmile:

NOTE: The background is My special JP/// Trading Card Collection much like you seen In My just recent McFarlane & Hasbro Showcase, I will showcase them in time along with a lot more in My Odds & Ends :o

The Spinosaurus is My favorite Dinosaur so you could imagine My excitement when I first saw & got him. He has rubber skin like Kenner's figures however his skin is looser due to his feature being able to walk via his Egg Controller. His eyes move & his mouth opens with a good roar. The likeness of this is truly superb :batsmile:

Here's his Egg Remote Controller as you open it has several buttons that is cryptically seen and yes it's cordless :batsmile:

I don't know about these modern ones from the Jurassic World Trilogy that is made by Mattel but on the Vintage Jurassic Park Trilogy Dinosaurs, there is always, ALWAYS a JP Icon on their leg or elsewhere on their body...if it's Vintage and there isn't one on it anywhere it's NOT an OFFICIAL Jurassic Park toy and/or replica :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here is the Universal & Amblin 2001 Copyright :!: Now notice the 2001 Copyright of WowWee says a Subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. :? Those corporate locusts own them too :shock: I have talked about this countless times how they take over most of everything. Two Canadian Brothers that originally founded WowWee in 1988 made it super relevant in Hong Kong had no choice to sell it to Hasbro in 1999 and boy, just in time for the next Jurassic Park movie which was in 2001 :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Like I said, before, it's very crucial to look on your action figures & among other collector's items for this important info. I seriously doubt much of this generation is doing this which tells you how different they are from Mine as I always thought it just wasn't important but a little fun thing to do on the side while I was playing & displaying My figures, books, cards, VHS, video games among other stuff and that's how I got info many, many years before the web :o

JP 3 Spinosaurus & WowWee Comparison: Here's WowWee's Roboraptor & Robosapien that I also previously shown in My Dinosaur Topic. Both of these figures were massively hot & popular back then in the mid 2000s, for a while youngsters & adults alike were near obsessive with these, it was almost comparable to how plebeians were craving Transformers when they first arrived and wiped out the Go-Bots :o Now it seems like that was a long time ago and this pathetic androgynous day & age has truly lost that spunk for this type of genre among other things :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I saw the much larger versions over at My new Target and I really didn't see what the rave was all about however I was contemplating for a long time of getting them. So in around 2004/2005 at the same at Holly Hills Walgreens I saw both mini versions of WowWee's Roboraptor & Robosapien and I was like ok I'll get these little guys and if your a big King Kong fan like Me then you know you gotta have a bipedal reptile & ape/hominid set to go together :) So here's their size comparison to WowWee's previous JP/// Spinosaurus :batsmile:

So a bonus here is WowWee's Roboraptor & Robosapien 2004 & 2005 Copyrights :batwink:

OK so here's My Holly Hills Walgreens on Gravois that I talked about numerous times previously. I really expressed about this in My superb Odds & Ends Topic Glory Days of Movie Rentals because Blockbuster Video was right across the street. So you see Walgreens. I've gotten so much from there since around 1991, it's always been a fun store. See the little building on the left, that used to be shared with a great Video Rental Place with a nice blonde woman that owned it that I really liked that I still cannot recall the name of...she has so many wrestling & cartoon VHS tapes, I would hate to that everybody forgot about her :roll: Her building used to be shared with Zito's Pizza in 1993 which was 30 years ago this year!

OK, there's the Red Box, the darn thing that so many foolish plebeians went too instead of Blockbuster right across the street...I know cause I was there every week watching one person after another in line no matter what kind of weather it was outside instead of going to a nice, big & cozy Blockbuster...I really have despised it then and even more now :x I have complained about that enough, see My aforementioned topic for more on that :!: Anyway that Walgreens is quite good as it was always fun looking at the toy isles, the Holiday isle especially when it was Halloween time :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

SPECIAL VINTAGE DISPLAY GALLERY!!

So in this special I'm taking you to the past even further. As I just recently done in My great Vintage Action Figure Topic, I showcased My Kenner Starting Lineups and one of'em was the 1993 30th Anniversary of Shaq Attack and I placed a couple of My Vintage Kenner Jurassic Park figures just in case I wasn't in time to do a grand showcase so it's like at least I did something really good to present the 30th Anniversary of Kenner's Jurassic Park ;) So I'm doing the same here but much more :batsmile: So basically it's going to be a size comparison crossover of sorts so here is My WowWee Spinosaurus with vintage Kenner Ellie Sattler, Dr, Alan Grant, Dr. Ian Malcolm & Nick Van Owen. The scale is really good and despite the various years & lines these figures are from, they go good together rather nicely :batsmile:

Here he is with his cousin Baryonyx and Chaos Effect's Compstegnathus which Chaos Effect still remains My favorite Jurassic Park series to this date :batsmile:

Here is Spino with series one's Dimetrodon, Young T-Rex & baby Triceratops, Chaos Effect's Raptor Alpha & Amargospinus and JP///'s Raptor.

NOTE: My Grandma loved Amargospinus she wanted him so I got her one when I got mine ;)

Here's one I love a lot so here is My JP///'s Spinosaurus with Congo :o I showed what I got for Myself for My Birthday in 2021 which I completed My collection of Congo...

It's such a shame how people where about the film and series as they caused it to fail. Instead of thinking holy crap this can go with Jurassic Park, they were being critical and taking the fun out of it..they should have done their research and thought more of it because it was by Michael Critchon... the same guy that wrote Jurassic Park and Kenner landed both of'em and while others were being flaky about it I was realizing the fun of the crossover that never happen and here's a cool example of how that is with WowWee's JP/// Spinosaurus meeting Kenner's Congo's Amy & Bonecrusher :!:

So one of the many beauties about Kenner in the 90s is that they had a ton of licenses and many of them I loved. One of them was their Alien vs. Predator vs. Marines series and it was awesome crossing them over with other series' one wouldn't think possible and I loved crossing it over with Jurassic Park. In the Congo series you see there is two versions of Monroe...he was played by Ernie Hudson however they are sculpted to look like Danny Glover and NOT Ernie Hudson so since then I have made the version with the hat Lt. Harrigan from Predator 2 as a rad bonus character which I love fan fiction especially when it fits to My own liking like this :batsmile: So here's My WowWee JP/// Spinosaurus with JP3 Raptor & Kenner's AvPvM Lt. Harrigan & Vasquez and Alien & Predator. I love these guys :batwink:

So here's My WowWee JP/// Spinosaurus together with Hasbro's JP 3 Raptor, Kenner's electronic Spitter/Dilophosaurus, Ellie Sattler, Dr, Alan Grant, Dr. Ian Malcolm & Nick Van Owen, Congo's Amy the talking Gorilla, Peter Elliot, Karen Ross, Monroe & Lt. Harrigan. Oh man look at that vintage goodness, I am so grateful to have these and that I could put this together :)

So there it is, a special look at Hasbro's JP///, while I was unable to collect the main line back in the day I'm quite glad that I have what I do here :) Next up will be a major series by Hasbro and that will be their very brief but truly remarkable 2001 Planet of the Apes line which this was a huge one for Me in 2001 and is still one of My most prized collections of action figures so until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Hasbro POTA 2001!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:55 am

Continuing My trend of Hasbro here comes one of My favorites they made, one of My most prized collections of all...

This movie was absolutely huge to Me back in 2001 for numerous reasons. 1. It was by Tim Burton & Danny Elfman 2. It looked so good and 3. I knew nothing of the story. My Grandparents were quite familiar with it and their like if you want to go to the show and see this you gotta see the originals first so We rented the first two classics over at Hollywood Video and I was amazed how it was and how the climaxes of two of the most shocking endings ever seen. So as I said in My just recent Hasbro JP/// showcase that I was going to go even further about this special time. Well, My Grandparents knew how much I wanted to see Planet of the Apes so they took Me to the show at the AMC Theater in Crestwood and we were all really thrilled. My Grandma was like how about tomorrow We come back and see Jurassic Park /// and make it a double header and I was like oh heck yeah let's do it :) These were the last two films My Grandpa would see on the big screen sadly however I have never forgotten these last great times we had together because Us three always made things big, grand and special for each other :)

Here's the AMC Theater in Crestwood that has been gone for a a very long while now and in fact the whole area is basically as well which is very sad how this generation and tourists have no idea how wonderful Crestwood once was :( I am quite grateful however that I have had tons of great times there at the plaza going to KB & K&K too :)

So when I found out about the action figures around this time and that their being made by Hasbro I was pretty excited about it. I got them all over at Out local Target a few years before they remodeled it. I really couldn't believe how good they were. Like I said previously, Hasbro was forced to up their game (though those corporate locusts forced so many companies to be taken over by them so it only fair) because the sculpting standards was really changing since McFarlane & Sideshow were really newcomers yet the sculpting was superior to most of anything sold on the pegs in the past with arguably the only exception was Playmates' Star Trek to be champion of the 90s which this was a great time to experience and I'm thankful that I got to experience this groundbreaking era and I really hope this generation is being taught of this history because of things like the WWF Attitude Era, it will never ever happen again :) Like those two companies, articulation wasn't an issue so Hasbro did what they could here which was pretty decent.

NOTE: Like My JP/// background, the background for these is My special Topps POTA Trading Card Collection that I will show in time in My very crucial Odds & Ends :shock:

So first up in My presentation is Series 1's Major Leo Davidson played by Mark Wahlberg. The human male hero that came from the stars. This likeness is truly uncanny. I got the version with the rare deleted Large Tracker. He has a really cool Space Helmet with removable Visor and he has his cool trusty Blaster Pistol, He is still one of the best looking & accurate movie figures I have ever seen :!:

Here is Series 2's Explorer Pod which looks like a small model of the one seen in the film, it's that detailed...

included with it is Pericles, the little Chimpanzee who got lost in the Cosmic Storm. His likeness is also incredible and really I'm still surprised that they made him then again he was quite the crucial piece of the story so it was like he was must :!: He fits in his Explorer Pod perfectly and this small set has always been a treasure for sure :batsmile:

From Series 1, the main human female of the film is Daena played by Estella Warren who was the hot new girl at the time then off course she faded away and became old news to most like so many others before her. This figure of her is one of the most realistic & remarkable female figures ever seen. Her likeness is unbelievable and her body is too. I'm glad she doesn't have a lot of POA because it would have ruined her physique if they did so. Her boobs are big like they really are and she even has her Branded Mark on her right shoulder. She has a nice Staff but unfortunately I lost her Knife long ago. I will feature a special gallery of her in awhile :batwink:

Here is Series 1's Ari the Chimp played by the great looking Helena Bonham Carter. As much as I liked her in the movie she is My least favorite figure of the bunch. Her likeness is fine. She includes a Flag Staff of Ape City.

Here is Series 2's Krull, he was played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa who has always been one of My favorite bad guy actors and his character is arguably My favorite of the whole film. I love his eyes and if you know him like I do then there is no mistake of recognizing him hence why I put him in My great header seen above :o His figure is great and has his eyes. He is a Gorilla and has two accessories, a Large Staff and Big Sword.

Here is Limbo the Orangutan played by Paul Giamatti. He likeness is unreal. He has a pair of Shackles.

Here's Series 2' General Thade who is the villain Chimp of the movie and is played by Tim Roth. The likeness is quite wonderful and he has his removable weaponized Helmet and also his trusty sword. He was really a deluxe figure because Hasbro chose him to have a Horse/Steed which was a great choice on their part. His ride is really wonderful looking and looking into his eyes, he seems almost life-like :o The scale is also quite good as well.

Here is Captain Attar played by the late great & huge Michael Clarke Duncan. He is a Gorilla. The likeness is fine but the face has always been off to Me but the rest of the figure no. He has a removable Helmet & Sword.

Series 2's Ape Commander was one of the last that Hasbro made for this brief but truly great series. He's a Gorilla and he is based from the one soldier that got ambushed & betrayed by General Thade played by Ronald Gamble. He has a removable Helmet and his weapons include a Club & Scepter.

Hasbro also made 12" - 1/6 scale figures also. I regret not getting Leo Davidson however the one I really wanted and got was the 12" Attar. He has truly one of the most convincing likenesses ever as he looks way more accurate with the likeness of Michael Clarke Duncan not to mention he really looks like a Mountain Gorilla too the way his head is conically shaped. He has actual Fur & a Club/Mace and a removable Helmet. Now his Helmet wasn't painted and I was displeased about that so I had My Grandma paint it for Me like I had her paint other stuff she did for Me years prior which much has been recently seen in My Vintage Action Figure & Wrestling Topics. because she was still great at doing arts & crafts like that and I have been pleased with this since the day she did that for Me :)

Here is scale & size comparison of the regular & 12" Attar figures to see the major differences :batsmile:

SPECIAL GALLERY

I have said how fun & important it is to look at the bottoms of your figures' feet or back and it just doesn't go for action figures, it can be for all kinds of collectibles :batwink: There is really a big reason here because the POTA's Hasbro & Fox 2001 Copyrights look so superb, they even have the Ape's Insignia/Symbol/Emblem, LOOK AT THAT :!: Also their peg holes can fit the great McFarlane Display Stands that I showcased in My Spawn presentation recently which is a big plus :batsmile:

So here's My 2001 POTA Group. I love how they all look together :)

SPECIAL GALLERY!!

Now as you know or at least I think you know that if you read My Vintage & Modern Starting Lineups showcases I'm a bio freak as I love stats but I see so very few people talking about stuff like that which it is a bummer because it can be so fun :) Like their G.I. Joes, Hasbro made The POTA series have really nice Bio Cards with cool pictures of the characters on them. Oh I made sure I kept these wonderful Cards :!:

I even kept the POTA 12" Attar Card & Insert too :batsmile:

Now here is a great and maybe unexpected feature which is The Revealing Beauty of Daena :batshock: :wwwink: :smgasp: She is one of Hasbro's finest figures ever. Since she came out in 2001 this was during a time when action figure companies were making super realistic female figures. See My McFarlane Spawn Lotus figure for example, she was smokin' hot :o Daena in a big way resembles some other female figures that was being made around such as Jerry Macaluso's Plastic Fantasy Adult XXX Stars line. Remember those :?: They were featured all the time in Entertainment Earth's Catalogs and of course online. They were big sellers and while I never got any I wouldn't mind getting a regular version of Jenna Jameson so she could go with My OSTM ECW figures and maybe even My Jakks Val Venis :shock: So Daena's physique is really nice :batwink:

Her clothing is rubber and cannot be removed however with a little work she can tease you and reveal some surprising skin. Once her cleavage of her large boobs is seen you can see she is not detailed there. She has nice legs & booty as well.

Here is Major Leo Davidson & his Women Ari & Daena. Every time I see the movie near it's climax I'm like darn, you'd rather leave the planet to go home than stay with your new friends who found out the truth and of course leave when you have 2 girlfriends of two different species that likes you very much...these guys with women in their lives and how everything else is so much more important than them :wwsmh:

Here is the Freedom Fighters together :!:

Here's the Apes Army, notice the great McFarlane Display Stand that I mentioned a minute ago on the Ape Soldier, looks so sweet and like before these really came in handy back then and still even now :)

Attar vs. Krull :!:

Now like I did in My very recently previous JP/// showcase I showed some great Vintage bonus scenarios so here a bonus here with Kenner's Congo vs. Hasbro's POTA :!: I still find it amazing that Kenner took on Kongo in 1995 then six years later their owner's, those corporate locusts Hasbro made Planet of the Apes :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here is an interesting display as POTA vs. ToyBiz's X-Men 2000 movie figures. Look for them in My great Marvel Topic sometime in the future :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here's a quote from My showcase of My 12" Reservoirs Dogs located here -->
http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-1-6-12-figure-collection-huge-post-t1162.html

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
ALTERNATE REALITY! WHAT THE HECK :shock: Tim Roth meets his alter ego, General Thade from 2001's Planet of the Apes, one of My all-time favorite movies! I find it strange and quite weird that Palisades made a Roth character and so did Hasbro at the same time in 2001 and nearly 10 years after Reservoir Dogs came out in [/b]1992[/b] :shock:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
OK, so you've heard Me talk about My local Target a lot and within times I have been talking about and showing places on Hampton Avenue and in Hampton Village like Almost Everything Sports Store, Louie's Pizza, Johnny Brocks and more. Well here is the Target that is right across the street from the former B. Dalton, Johnny Brocks and current Schnucks and the former Walgreens some of My Go-Bots and other stuff came from. Now this is a pic of the newer remodeled current one from the mid 2000s but its in the same exact spot/location as it's predecessor and the while newer one is great and I had many good moments and got many great things there for years, its really hard to beat all of them classic moments I had at the original Target :batsmile:

SUPER SPECIAL GALLERY:

Here's a really cool and special bonus collector's set that I got from Blockbuster Video. If you have been following Me throughout this and My Odds & Ends Topic then you know how much I have showcased Blockbuster as it was a major part of My life and if your My age or older then you know how great those experiences were back in the day, anybody who loved those times should always cherish those moments and never ever want to let them go :) While I'm at it you need to stop by and see My Glory Days of Movie Rentals in My Odds & Ends because it's one of the most crucial topics I have ever done and if those great times of the past were fun and important to you then you shouldn't hesitate to check out it because I'm one of the very few people EVER that made such a thing as grand as that :!: So what Blockbuster Video had was a small but very exciting POTA Door Hangers Set When I saw these I'm like oh boy I gotta get these so I got all four of'em plus duplicates and really these were a great bonus to have which they all look fabulous :batsmile:

First here is My duplicate. Sometimes it pays off to get an extra one. What makes these Door Hangers special is they have a removable Trading Card that you tear off. This one is of General Thade and it tells his bio :)

It's rather odd this small selection is strictly Apes and no Humans as we have General Thade, Ari, Attar & Limbo. Notice that along with Blockbuster, 20th Century Fox & Coca Cola is present as well :shock:

Here they are in My Trading Card Binder with My superb Topps POTA Card Collection and I have always been so pleased how they serendipitously fit in there and match them so well :batsmile:

So here is where Our usual Blockbuster was. Its in the area I showed you earlier across the street from the 1993's Unknown Video Place, Zito's Pizza & the current Walgreens. Thanks to Red Box across the street on Walgreens' lot and in general, Netflix and the coming of the digital age, Blockbuster went out of business and the times We once knew was coming to an end :x Many years later in 2014 a Marco's Pizza & Family Video years later moved in the said Blockbuster Video building where you could order your Pizza, Sandwiches & more and rent movies and the Pizza Dude/Dudette would BRING YOU YOUR RENTALS as well, how can you go wrong with that :?: :batsmile: Apparently you could because a few of years ago Marco's went out due to all of the Pizza joints around town and just very recently with the help of the P!3Demic and of course good'ol Redbox, Family Video went out of business too :o I mean they looked great, really impressive, it was the past meets the future but with this day & age just doesn't allow the cool things to happen whether their from the past or not because TPTB and the conditioned plebeians just won't have it and it makes Me sick :batrage:

So We used to subscribe to The Cable Guide in the late 90s to early 2000s. Once in a while there was something I'd tear out and want to keep for My own collection and one of those things in The Cable Guide was a rad Article about POTA 2001. When I saw that I was like holy ape, I gotta save that, no way I'm throwing it away :!: Look at that, it's January 2002 which is something else that tells you how times were :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

So here's special bonus Inside My Binder. I have used this countless times as My Background for My Showcases in My Topics. This just doesn't hold My JP/// & POTA 2001 but also 2001's The Mummy Returns because that year was a huge movie year for Me. This also holds all of the Bio Cards, Inserts, Blockbuster Video Door Hangers, Cable Guide and so much more that including My McFarlane Movie Maniacs Cards, X-Men 2000, more JP 3 and even more fun stuff :o

So that will do it for this one. I hope you read & liked it and were surprised at what I presented here :) Next will be some more great modern action figures which I believe I'm going for Hasbro's G.I. Joe Sigma 6 which is a great series that I collected in the mid 2000s, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:24 pm

I never saw the figures from the film. Toys weren't really on my radar then. They look pretty nice for how old they are. Not my favorite POTA version, but the movie wasn't bad. I remember seeing it in the theater. Nothing super memorable, but a decent film. Not as good as the 70s films, though.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:16 am

I see PB. Yes they look great for their age. Thanks a lot for checking this out & your reply :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions