Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:49 am

Huh, you said about Coolio's age. If you saw his last streamed videos & interviews you'll think otherwise, believe Me, same thing with others as well :roll:

Good ol' Weird Al. They've come out with a series of his life on ROKU if you didn't already know PB ;)

OK, now since we're mostly done with the Halloween topics for now, her we go with Metallica's ReLoad album. It was huge for Me & My Mom back in 97, 25 years ago this year :!: She loves Fuel and others. This is My all-time fave album of theirs. I found so rad, weird, cool and epic all at the same time here. Here is FUEL!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:37 am

Other than PB, too bad nobody else is sharing their love for music here :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Here is Metallica's "The Memory Remains" from My fave album of their's as I expressed in the previous post :) Oh and The Undertaker hand many moments over the years 28th this great song too :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:31 am

So continuing Metallica, My favorite group of all-time, here is two more from the great ReLoad album.

Mama Said is such a great one and James Hetfield truly shines here.

Remeber when i said about the sequel :?: Here is The Unforgiven II, another one that is so good.

Ah heck, here's a tremendous bonus :wwwink: :smgrin: No music video but this is one one of My all-time favs...Fixxxer, I just love the echoing guitar throughout the song. I especially love the climaxxx :!:

There's a bit more to go, I wanna keep this goin' especially when they did a WWE NXT Special recently :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:20 am

So here is the 25th anniversary of Metallica's Garage Inc. This was a great album as it was different because they performed many other artists' songs in a 2-CD set in 1998.

Bob Seger's Turn the Page: They made this superb, I love the way Hetfield sings this. The adult stripper isn't on the CD, she's exclusive to the video.

Here's their take on the old Irish song Whiskey in the Jar, it's really good and even kinda funny in a way :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 04, 2023 1:25 pm

I remember that version of Turn the Page, that was pretty good.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 05, 2023 5:30 am

You better believe that one was good :batwink:

Those WAY SW was sure great, it's so amazing how he does that stuff :o

Here's another one from Garage Inc. celebrating it's 25th anniversary, I love this one and that Guitar, I just love Metallica :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 05, 2023 9:30 am

I think you forgot something.

The Sith, like disco, will never die!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 06, 2023 5:26 am

That Disco SW was pretty sweet but dang, too many spoilers :shock:

Oh crap, that's what happens when your in hurry :roll:

Again Metallica's It's Electric...best part of the guitar is @ 2:02 but don't skip, let it play, it's so good :)

More Metallica coming, I can never get enough of'em :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:34 am

That wasn't bad. Did you pick up their new album?

Well, I just plunked down $1k for 3 Aerosmith tickets in January, lol. I was on the fence because of the price but my wife really wanted to go so I figured what the hell, this might be the only chance. I'm not the biggest fan of concerts, or Aerosmith, but I saw the Stones live so I figured I should see their American counterparts. My first real memory of Aerosmith was them busting through the wall in the Run DMC vide for Walk This Way on MTV.

I had no idea who they were back then, but over their years I liked enough of their songs, and of course Dream On is one of the greatest rock songs ever. So here's a few of my favorites, I just burned myself a cd of the greatest hits because that's what old people like me still do, lol.

Of course, Alicia Silverstone being in some of the videos when I was a teenager didn't hurt none either. That was a pretty genius move by them to reach a new, younger audience. It sure worked with me, lol.

There's somethin' wrong with the world today
I don't know what it is
Something's wrong with our eyes
We're seeing things in a different way
And God knows it ain't His

These were lyrics I often tweeted out the last few crazy years...

If chicken little tells you that the sky is fallin'
Even if it wasn't would you still come crawlin' back again?
I bet you would my friend
Again and again and again and again and again
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 07, 2023 6:36 am

72 Seasons? Nope, not yet. Not sure when I will. Their last one before this was Hot Wired to Self Destruct which was a dandy, I loved that the WWE/NXT did a special about it which I'll get to in time.

Damn, 1k for tickets :o I don't think I'd even do that for a Metallica concert. I've never been to a concert before. If I had that much moolah to spend in one whack especially in these ridicules times of inflation I would have got a lot of figures and stuff I needed that I couldn't get before with something I can actually have but I've always been like if it's your dream and you always wanted to do something special and money's no object then do it :) Funny, I just posted the Aerosmith vid from Mrs. Doubtfire :shock: Their pretty good, I was never a big fan of their's however.

Yeah I mean with hardly anybody talking about music here and besides little comments on YT per vid it makes Me think that people just has lost the desire of music. I really dislike giving in to this digital day & age. I mean your burn'em and all that and I'm showing My CDs when I can. Well if your an old school person that's what you do. I used to burn'em all the time. Heck that was a major hobby for Me for a long while there when wrestling themes were first coming onto the web in the mid to late 90s I made a ton of them then when the days of Peer-to-peer was new when Napster, WinMX & BearShare was going strong it was like a new world as it was filled with soundtracks and movie scores. I had mentioned before I only met 4 people during this times that was good. I'll see about expanding upon that later, in fact since I've talked about this a few times previously I think I'm gonna do a special about soon :o I DLed an absolute ton of'em and made countless CD-R's yet I still bought the official version for some because of different reasons.

I spoke about Alicia Silverstone before. I know I did when I spotlighted Batman and Robin. She was indeed a hottie, I liked her back then. She was a good example of how the women were in mid to late 90s. To Me she will always be Batgirl!

So it's you, your wife but who's the 3rd person and when is this concert and who's going to be watching the kids...Mrs. Doubtfire perhaps :? :lol:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions