Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Hasbro Dungeons & Dragons!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: Hasbro Dungeons & Dragons!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:43 am

Oh I know how long it was, sometimes the 90s & 2000s seems like they were only several years back to Me and yes time does go by so darn fast :roll: The prob is they want you to forget about these originals and that the first is never good enough and then when they do remake it you got a mixed audience that mostly complains about it and then what do they do :?: They go back and watch the originals so it's like why even bother making them :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I always think to Myself about how movies didn't go ever in the 70s & 80s but now their cult classics. If people would have liked them then there wouldn't be such a thing :roll: Besides, this generation needs to go back and look at the past, too many people are losing the focus of history and that is a major prob in My book :roll: Like action figure companies making the same figures over and over, imagine how the effort would be if they'd actually make movies that was never done before :? There is so many novels, comics, video games and more that has never seen the light of day in a film imagine how fresh and cool that would be but unfortunately things just ain't like that :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:56 pm

Well, Target already clearanced the cartoon figs to 50% off. Still couldn't pull the trigger on them. Maybe if I catch them at 70%, they still had quite a few.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:31 am

I guess kids aren't wanting them, doesn't surprise Me :roll: It really doesn't sound that bad of a deal I guess. If I had the doe, My only prob would be if they have the whole collection. I hate it when only one figure is all you need and they don't have it then you gotta get it online...oh that crap happen to Me more darn times than I'd like to count :x
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:03 pm

There's two waves so three of the main cast won't be available until later in the year.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:05 pm

I see, well I don't keep up with the current products cause so much has been done before and with such price hikes I just can't get involved anymore but if it would be Me and I really wanted them I'd get the this wave at those cheap prices then you'll be ahead, then when its time get the others when they're on clearance too and so on...sounds logical to Me and in fact I've done that before Myself with some action figure lines in the past and I believe it was at Target too :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:36 pm

Maybe. Space is also becoming an issue, so having to decade space to these, even one shelf, is an issue.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:01 am

Boy tell Me about it, that is always an issue I'm afraid :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:52 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Well, Target already clearanced the cartoon figs to 50% off. Still couldn't pull the trigger on them. Maybe if I catch them at 70%, they still had quite a few.

Yeah, they're pretty poor quality figures from everything I'm seeing and hearing. I was interested, but the movie line seems much better. 6-inch scale monsters and the main party figures aren't bad.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:02 am

I've heard similar, which is another issue. I think 70% is my sweet spot, if I can find them then maybe. The movie figs are just more stuff I'll watch for clearance to add to the fodder bins, but most of the designs don't really fit into my usual customs, anyway.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:03 am

Yeah, I've been tempted to get into the movie line as a general fantasy thing, or at least the monsters to go with my Mythic Legions stuff. But if I do, it'll be when all of that's on clearance. That dragon for $35 isn't a bad deal, but half that would be fantastic.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions