Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Hasbro Dungeons & Dragons!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Hasbro Dungeons & Dragons!

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:09 am

Hey, did people see the D&D Drizzt exclusive at HasPulse? So excited about this.

secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Hasbro Dungeons & Dragons!

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:32 pm

Wow, crazy. I wonder why it didn't occur to them to do this sooner?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:38 pm

I'll admit, I know nothing of D&D outside the 80's cartoon. I had that black knight looking guy as a figure when I was a kid and always thought he looked bad ass.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:40 pm

Hasbro needs to make figures based on the 80's cartoon!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:37 am

Yeah, I'm unclear on whether they have the rights to do updates of the old LJN figures or 80s cartoon, but I'm hoping those will be in the mix. Also of interest is that D&D has released sourcebooks for Magic: The Gathering settings and the popular streaming D&D show Critical Role (it's basically a bunch of popular voice actors playing D&D, it has some pretty exceptional characters), which makes me wonder if those might be doable in a D&D line.

Also really excited to see what the range of monsters might look like here. And hoping we could potentially get a HasLabs Tiamat.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:10 pm

Webslinger wrote:Hasbro needs to make figures based on the 80's cartoon!!

Anyone pick these up? I plan on seeing if they go on clearance. Pegs seem to be filling up now that Christmas is over. I think the higher prices are making things sell through slower so hoping for good clearance buys down the road.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:06 pm

I've definitely got my eyes on these but I'm also waiting for a lower pricepoint to get me in. I'm not a HUGE D&D cartoons fan but I do like it and I like the table top game in general. They do look neat and I'm willing to go in at a better price.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:25 pm

I always liked the cartoon. I didn't always catch it as it must've aired the same time as something else I watched (I just checked the schedule and embarrasingly enough it aired opposite the Smurfs, so...make of that what you will). I have the DVD though. But if they ever got the license to Thundarr....
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:38 am

Did another remake have to be made, we just had one in 2000 :roll: The new movie looks good but knowing how this society is they won't take it seriously and laugh at it which again like countless films in recent times there's always gotta be this comic relief, it just ruins a epic film, it only works sometimes IMO so this is probably a one and done movie before it even reaches it's potential just like so many other things, something so great just quickly becomes yesterday's news and never to be talked about again :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: It's cool Pine & Rodriquez is in it. Oh it's by Hasbro themselves, they have their own company Entertainment One that of course, if you know those corporate locust like I do they took them over like most of everybody else cause that's what their good at and now their just called e-one :roll: The movie figures cost plenty and who can afford all of them but really how many kids are going to be interested, this ain't the 80s & 90s anymore I'm afraid so IDK, us adults are really the kids now and it's been that way for a long while. Looks to have major promise to be a franchise with lots of merchandise so we'll see where all of this goes :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:03 pm

To be fair, and I hate saying this but, 2000 was 23 years ago (I hate how fast time goes by). I'm not sure what to think of the movie. The characters don't look particularly exciting, but I'd buy them on the cheap. I never played D&D so there isn't that appeal to me.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions