Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:02 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:21 am

Gosh, I wasn't even born yet but I would have loved to have that Space 1999 Ship & figures, Mattel did good back then. I saw about that briefly sometime ago, amazing as I love to see how kids reacted to this back stuff then, that was cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:24 pm

It did look like a fun toy. I miss toys that large that don't cost $500, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:22 am

Indeed. yeah, today's market is insane :roll: Another not to before My before time but those Mattel Flash Gordan figures were great looking PB :) The guy over speaking the commercial on the other hand was really annoying IMO :?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:26 am

Oh geez, that's my bad. I actually posted those yesterday while I was waiting at the dentist so I admittedly never listened to them with the sound on, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:33 am

I see. Man, I'm not familiar with that one, another before My time that looked really cool but this time it's not Mattel, it's Hasbro's Milton Bradly :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:31 pm

I always associated Milton Bradley with board games so it's interesting they had other toys.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:01 am

yeah, sometimes they got in on the action like that :batwink: Wow, I never saw that one before. The way the kids did all of that it looked really fun by MEGO ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:33 pm

If they ever made super articulated (none of these retro 5 POA figs) in any scale of at least Buck, Wilma, Twiki (I always called him Twinkie as a kid, lol), and Hawk I'd be all over them. Man, those would be cool.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:52 pm

I'd be down for 5 points figures if only they weren't so expensive. I started caring less about articulation as I've gotten older which is weird but it's not a huge deal to me unless it's wrestlers or comic book characters.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions