Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: Halloween Edition

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:59 am

Huh, now see, I find today's gaming lacking that stuff especially the codes and when you'd have to do a certain tactic to find a secret fighter.

Them REMCO UM were great, I didn't have a chance to get them, looks like they would be great with the original Star Wars figures I just showcased, talk about a classic crossover :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:49 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:22 am

Dang, I never saw that one before, really a cool vintage one there PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:24 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:53 am

That's good. You can see My figure in My Grandma's tribute and see what I said there.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:53 am

It always surprised that they made a Crypt Keeper cartoon for kids. I suppose if Rambo can kill half of Asia and still have a kids cartoon, anyone can.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:29 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:17 am

Oh I love them RGBs Monsters. I have already showcased them last year (check My Vintage or quick link in the regular 31 Days of Halloween Topic) along with My huge Kenner Beetlejuice too, GBs & Beetlejuice was so fun :blbat:

Oh man Kenner's Alien. That is such a great commercial. I had discussed this before. Kenner had to cancel the line because it was too scary back in 79 yet the kids in the ad doesn't seem to be too scared :? I would have loved this when I was kid as I wasn't afraid of the films but I wasn't born yet when it got canned however Super7 actually got into the Kenner/Hasbro archives and made the series several years ago. I finally bought it for My B-Day this year, you can see that and more in My Recent Acquirements topic for now :batsmile:

Cool PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:43 am

Yeah, it surprised me they would market a toy for a Rated-R movie. My cousin (a phrase I use a lot when talking about older toys) had him and I know it freaked me out a bit. I remember seeing parts of the movie back then. I couldn't have been older than 3 or 4 at most, and they were quite scary looking at that age.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:51 am

Well your cousin was lucky. I hope he's still got him cause he's pure toy history! Now see, I was about 5 or 6 when My Grandpa was talking to Me about Aliens. I really didn't know any other aliens than E.T., Star Wars & Star Trek and I wasn't as educated on them then as I would become later on so this would become something new for a youngster Me. He recorded the first 2 on TV. In fact when Aliens premiered on Showtime in 86 that's when I believe this time was when I got into it. I loved the eerieness and darkness atmosphere the films had, they never bothered Me. Of course I'm not saying I never flinched out, cringed, went ooohhh or whatever, I still do that with a lot og films but it wasn't bad to a point where I never wanted to see it again. I loved the first two films, I watched them many, many times with My Grandpa in the dark and I so miss them times :( My Grandma wasn't a big fan at first but I got her to like them. Same thing with My Mom but she likes Predator & Terminator more but still likes Alien. Predator I see different, I still cringe big on some of the parts in the first one. This is why I said I would have loved that Big Chap figure (that was the name of the Xenomorph behind the scenes) but he came out too soon :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions