Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:27 am

Never saw that one with Dick Van Dyke. Oh boy, he said darn it, was that a blooper on in the script :?: Gosh, that Basketball Starting Lineup sure brought back the memories. I was thinking about getting them all those years ago but I just wasn't serious enough about sports back then besides Wrestling, Baseball & Boxing. Great one PB :)

Damn, I didn't know them corporate locusts were bringing back the line :? Who in the heck is going to get them for that price. All of these people that do must really have the Moolah without a care and with all of the food shortages going around & hoarders out there...I mean really, they must REALLY do, IMO it's ridicules :x
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:31 am

I mean, they're really nice looking and have modern articulation compared to the old statues. I would've been tempted by certain NHL, NFL, or MLB figures (but no interest in current NBA) but no way at $50.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:13 am

They look good but I think the articulation & sculpting that started in the 2000s has really hurt because now IMO its a big excuse to run the prices up for today. You can get the older McFarlane ones far cheaper even now as I speak and I think they still look great.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:38 pm

Some of the McFarlane's aren't band, but with such limited articulation you might as well just make a statue. Still, I'd take those over paying $50 for one.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:48 am

Yeah but with McFarlane the POA was sacrificed for realism and back in the day I had no prob with that whatsoever, really still don't. I have a lot of his MLB figures and I can tell ya, they are way more satisfying than these Hasbro ones and really are basically like the original Kenner Starting Lineups in ways but are those better or funner than the original Kenner ones, its a complicated manner but at times they can be ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:49 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:06 am

Gosh, I never knew about these either, that looked really cool. I really like these very vintage ones PB, if you can keep'em comin' ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:39 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:56 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:04 am

Operation, Oh man I loved that game. I still got other one from the 80s down the basement. Your other isn't showing up PB, you got the codes mixed, don't worry I do that all the time ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions