Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:15 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:06 am

Oh man, as you know out of that lot I only have JYD. I had explained in My HUGE 2 part LJN WWF & ThunderCats showcase that I really regret not getting them other LJN WWF figures, they were so great. Great video PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:52 pm

It's Dean Proffitt himself...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:56 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:02 am

Gosh, I never knew about Mattel's Agent Zero'. Talk about an alternate pre-007...that was really cool. Oh boy, I loved that Hasbro WWF commercial, one of the best. Mean Gene was great. Oh the LOD right after their jump from WCW, these were great days. Notice the quotes near the end and they say Crush & Smash...that was a hint at their feud with Demolition. This was kinda bittersweet for Me however cause I liked Demolition more and LOD would win the feud :roll: Oh yes I remember how it was during those times at TRU, I loved seeing them wrestling figures on the pegs just like that. I hope you saw My brief special Toy Chest showcase in My Rock Lords cause I had a very special moment that concerning Toy Chest & TRU & Wrestling. Cool classic stuff PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:09 am

I just wanted to stop and say for a moment that isn't it great that with a couple clicks you can find commercials that are 30, 40, 50 years old? I when I was a senior in high school I started working at the JC Penney in the mall and one day we were discussing TV and I mentioned the show Sledge Hammer, and nobody had heard of it. I described the basic premise of the show and even said there were some comic books that came out for it too in the 80's but no one believed me. It got to the point where, on our lunch break, we walked to the Walden Books in the mall and I found book that had the Nielsen ratings from year to year and we found it on ABC's schedule, lol. Now, by the time I type this sentence I can find everything from wiki page to the theme song for the show online in seconds. Are we spoiled, or what?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:22 pm

And now...back to our...commercials...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:46 am

I know you said about it before but I still find it cool that you worked at JCPenny. I featured a bit of My former local JCPenny in My Odds & Ends if you haven't seen it already :) See, even a decade or so after the show ended people "supposedly" didn't know about it. Sometimes I do feel way spoiled about Wiki and the web in general and sometimes I miss them days when you have took in a book or something to find something out. Yeah, don't you hate it when people don't know what you talking about, don't believe you and goes to conclusions...boy I do and I know how that is cause back in the day crap like that happen to Me a lot :roll: In fact I've been thinkin' of one rather strong over the last month or so that happen in the mid 90s. It was bad and it ended My friendship with somebody and it was about wrestling/a wrestler :x I might post about it in one of the wrestling sections later.

Gosh, I don't think I ever saw that Tiger Football game before, that looked really cool and fun PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:21 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:34 am

Gosh, another Football Game I never saw before, looked fun & really cool PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions