Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:03 am

WOW, amazing :o Great train set. I never saw this before, Cash was still in his prime here. Superb one PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:56 am

I was surprised to see that as well, sometimes you find something unexpected, like....A Christmas Story's Ralphie and Will Scarlett himself pushing Star Wars....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:52 am

Or Joey Lawrence smurfing Smurf on the ColecoVision...woah!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:10 am

WOW, I never saw that one with Slater & Billingsley :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :batshock: Awesome how they were together :batsmile: That was amazing. the action figure case is great and them figures were/are as well. It was so cool being a kid then, stuff like this made it such a special time and that commercial shows you it perfectly :!:

I never seen that Joey Lawrence stuff, that was really good too! More Coleco!

Oh, just in case your wondering if I have anymore Coleco, nope, My Coleco special that you saw the other day is it...shame but at least I have that :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:21 am

My cousin (a phrase I use quite often since they were spoiled, lol) had the ColecoVision and the Smurf game. I hated the controller. I was used to Atari and the Coleco controller was kind of dumb in comparison, although I was too young to know or remember what the number buttons really did.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:35 am

Huh, I'm not really familiar with that Coleco controller, not sure if I have seen it before :? Looked really different but classic none the less :)

Oh man, that TRU commercial is great. I love that time lapse...82 to 96...still a great era to be a kid & teenager. The last one with the baseball girl was really nice :batsmile: This was a tremendous one PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:34 am

Yeah, the Coleco paddle was kind of weird, you turned it left or right to move. I didn't like that as compared to a standard joystick. Might be why it didn't survive, who knows.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:05 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:39 am

Ah, more WWF Jakks. Same thing goes with the other one you showed. I stopped collecting them after the fall of WCW. However I do have a Titan Tron Kurt Angle similar like the one that's in the commercial. I also do have some of them super posable ones like that was but it's a sealed pack with Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho way back when from Value City. I do not plan on opening it but one day I hope to showcase it.

Oh gosh, Chicken McNuggets. I do not recall that commercial but that classic one has reminded Me of some similar that I remember when I was really young, maybe I'll search for it soon cause strangely I have been thinking of one over the last few weeks or so of one with an old man that I remember and old McDonald's farm. I loved them nuggets. I always loved the sweet & sour sauce but yeah, I dipped them in all the sauces tons of times, I don't think I could count how many times I had them over the decades :o

Cool stuff PB ;)

By the way, OSN posted in My vintage. I replied to so I just posted video to show how My Coleco Nintendo DK game cabinet works, if you wanna see it then go head before I move on to My next showcase ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:46 am

Oh maybe that's why the Coleco paddle didn't :?

So here is WWE 2J Battlegrounds. Amazing after the falure of WWE 2K20 they hurried up and released this. The style looks like THQ's Legends of Wrestlemania but even that had a bit of realism. I got it for free on PS4 via the PS+ but I've never played it yet. Here is the trailer.

I'll do WWE 2K22 next.

By the way, I just posted a special Imperial - Dor Mei tie-in with My DC Remco Figures, check it out when you get the chance ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions