Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

McFarlane Toys DC figures

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

Re: McFarlane Toys DC figures

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:36 am

I think Darkseid is a little bigger, but they didn't have the rest. He looked like he was maybe five inches. Didn't seem like there were action features but I saw Todd is making vehicles, too. If he made a new Hall of Justice though I'd really consider buying it. They were $10 here, so that's what maybe $35 Canadian? I kid. Probably only $25 after GST, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:10 am

McFalane looks like a veteran of the toy industry now, I haven't seen him in a long time, glad he's still doing it :batsmile: WOW, these look pretty cool. They seem like like they're more toys & action figures than his usual stuff for many years ago. Seems somewhat authentic to Kenner and I never knew about these because I really don't keep up with today's market much anymore.

As ridicules as prices go for today's market's I think its ok. Its reasonable if you think of like how it was during the Matty Collector days.

Thanks for sharing this PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:12 pm

I like it, I like it. Not a fan of that New 52 and later era Darkseid design but the other ones look slick.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:16 pm

Right? #NotMyDarkseid My Darkseid is way more manly, with a cape and fancy pink brooch! I always wondered why Kenner gave him a cape, did they think he'd be confused with Rokkon if he didn't have a cape? I always lost the capes anyway. Or the metal would rip out of the collar and they'd be useless anyway.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:44 am

It's possible they thought that he looked like Rokkon but really the cape was a cool idea IMO, I love it when a company gives us a bonus feature whether we wanted it or not, sometimes alternative looks that hasn't been seen before can be really cool :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:25 pm

Yeah, also I believe they were removable anyway?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:04 pm

They did. But the purplish hue of Darkseid's cape and the pinkish collar piece always struck me as unbefitting of an evil god.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:13 pm

Could always put it on Wonder Woman. :D
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:23 pm

Doctor Klaw, I mean, Darkseid almost did.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:27 am

Hah, how about that...classic :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles