Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: GREMLINS!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:28 am

GOLDEN BOOKS!

Oh holy GREMLINS, I bet you were wondering about the background, you didn't think I wasn't gonna talk about that did ya :?: If you did then you don't know Me very well cause I don't skip much and I try to bring about all the detail I can :!:

So the background is actually books that I'm gonna present here momentarily. If possible I like to have a classic contemplation of a display of something that has to do with what the subject as seen in many of My previous showcases. It's not always possible but when I have the opportunity I'm gonna do it :!:

SO here 2 of the Golden Books. they only made these two and here they are :)

A New Friend: This is really great, superb artwork and such a fun read. It's so amazing how the learning process of kids was back then. It's nothing like that today but I must say I am very glad that I learned during these years :)

To Catch A Gremlin: Now here is the second one in much more detail than the previous!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

READ-ALONG RECORD BOOKS!

Oh yeah, we had these types of multimedia items back then :o IMO these were the absolute most funnest way of having a ball blast plus learning at the same time. We could read them ourselves or put'em on the record player and hear the words out loud by a narrator. We had BOTH options and it was all physical unlike the stuff in today's digital age :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: There is a total of five of them all together :shock:

Here is the first book called The Gift of the Mogwai. The detail & reading is very similar like the Golden Books so it was really good getting into these right way. I have unfortunately misplaced the first entries' record but it's still very fun :) Look at the one pic I took of the info about reading it!

So here is the second book is called Gizmo and the Gremlins and it's record is intact :) Look at all of that coolness!

Here is the third entry titled Escape from the Gremlins. This book is really nice.

Here is the ending with the Record!

Here is the forth entry called Gremlins-Trapped. This one has such good illustrations and with it's Record!

The Last Gremlin is the final book of the set and it's a doozie. Take a gander of all of that classic artwork beauty plus it's Record!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

BONUS GALLERY!

Here is all of the covers together since they were not seen in the entries above. Plus take a look at the back cover with a great picture of Gizmo himself and the all of the information concerning what the books are :)

Here is a close look at one of the great Records. I absolutely love the blue color they went with here as it was pure 80s night color and this is truly an original piece of Vinyl that isn't something that was remade or brought back after decades yearning of nostalgia, this is the first real deal I got here :batsmile:

Here is the Logo and the Price Sticker. We must have been at National (I just previously showcased National very recently). Also, here is the Copyright!

Here is both Golden Books together...

and here is one of each type together as well :!:

VHS: As a super special bonus, here is the VHS Tapes that I got at various times. I bought Gremlins sometime in the early 2000s at Schnucks brand new on Hampton & Gravois (this was our usual location after the one in Loughborough Commons changed) and this was the newer edition that was issued in 1999. Now My Grandma MiMi got Me Gremlins 2: The New Batch when I was much younger in around late 1990 to very early 1991 at Schnucks on Iron Street which was a great location, they moved to the one Loughborough in the mid 90s and as cool as that one was, I really loved the one on Iron Street because I got a lot there and had a lot good times on many levels there including getting WWF Magazines, movies & video games and more which one day I'm gonna talk more about this :)

Here is the front covers.

Here is the back covers.

Here is the actual VHS Tapes themselves out of their boxes/sleeves.

Here is the sticker of the Gremlins 2 that clearly says 1990 and also which is quite imperative for Me is Schnucks' Sticker on the tape itself. She got Me this used from the video club we were members of.

Here is a bonus look at the back of the boxes with their pictures and info and notice Jerry Goldsmith is the composer for both of'em, if you don't already know he is My favorite movie composer of all-time (My Grandpa PoPo taught Me about him and movie score in general during this time) :batsmile:

So that will conclude My huge Gremlins showcase and I hope you liked it :) If you are just now seeing this and didn't see anything else then get straight to the beginning as you gotta see how this begin with Topps' Stripe & Hasbro's Gizmo on the previous page :!: My next showcase is gonna be great, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:17 am

Oh wow, cool that you still have all of that. I remember read along books but I don't think I ever had a Gremlins one.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:47 am

Thanks for very for your reply PB, I appreciate that very mucg :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:25 am

As a special bonus presentation to continue My previous showcases of Coleco, here is a unique one that I put together that I've been wanting to do for a long time now. Its appears that this should go in My great Video Game topic but nope, I thought it would be quite apropos to do it all right here and at the climax you'll see as to why so here we go :batgrin:

Ah man, it was a hot Summer day sometime in the early 90s, circa 1992 - 1993, Me & My Grandma MiMi were out and about like we usually were. We were going to yard sales like we always did. Sometimes they were good, sometimes they weren't, sometimes We'd came home with nothin' but this day, oh boy I came home with a tremendous find and that was My Coleco - Nintendo Donkey Kong Vintage Mini Arcade Game Cabinet :o I never seen this before, it was already as old I was at the time like 11/12 but hey, it was great to know that it came out in 1981, the year I was brought into this world :shock: I had played Donkey Kong on the Commodore 64 & NES but nothing like this :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I believe she got it for Me at about $3 so I mean it was DIRT CHEEP :!: It was is pretty good shape, it didn't have a bottom cover but We put a thick piece of cardboard and taped it really well on it which was just fine. It works rather decently and I play it now and then and reminiscent when games were games and when times were better & simpler :) Here it is in all of it's classic gaming glory with great pictures of Cranky "Donkey" Kong himself, Mario and his first woman Pauline aka Lady or the Beautiful Girl :batsmile:

Here is a look at the simple controls with the on & off switch, the joystick and start/jump button!

Oh man, here is the screen with lighting :)

And here is the screen WITH NO LIGHTING. Look at the gorgeous old school graphics :o :batsmile:

And here is the Copyrights cause ya know I love'em :batsmile:

And now is the big FEATURE & MAJOR POINT of this special showcase :batconfused: :smhuh: :wwhuh:

We're All Together Now: Here is My Coleco & Nintendo Donkey Kong Mini Arcade Game Cabinet with Coleco's action figures that I previously showcased a while back :batshock: :smgasp: :wwshock: They are Zak & Biatur, Skito + Toxcid, Dargon of the Sectaurs and Sergeant Havoc from Rambo; The Force of Freedom :!:

So that is it for this one and I hope you liked it. I'm gonna have another special one that is going to be a unique follow to a major previous showcase that's gonna be great, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: COLECO Special!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:43 am

Neat. The graphics aren't much worse than an Atari2600 game. They have similar ones out now my kids have looked at but with just the one game I feel like they'd get bored quickly and I'd just be wasting money.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:39 am

Yeah, the graphics are very old school but very sweet. I didn't know that and yeah, if they'd get bored I wouldn't do it. Thanks very much for your reply PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:04 am

I did not know they made so much Gremlins merch. Clearly you are a big fan.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:06 am

That Coleco DK game is crazy. Werent those similar to the Tiger games but in color? They aren't really animated right? Just the different part lights up or something? Cool though!
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions