Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:26 am

I had the original, non-talking ALF stuffed animal. I remember how scratchy his fur was. I guess they didn't use conditioner on Melmac.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:52 am

Cool that you did PB :) I guess not ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:58 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:23 am

Gosh, that was a great one. I loved the boy's quote & reaction at the end, that was really cool. I had a tricycle like that once that I used to ride up and down the street in our old neighborhood that I talk about often. It was a green army/military one. I don't think it was a G.I. Joe one however, I believe it was just a generic brand. I think its still in the garage somewhere but I do not know. Really nice one PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:11 am

Two fer today...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:18 am

Wow, them are 2 cool ones. I am not familiar with Two Guys but they appeared they had good selections and really cheap prices :o I bet they were really fun to go to as well. Ah man, VENTURE :shock: I believe I had posted that one a while back when I introduced Venture to you PB, the thought really counts here ;) :batwink: :wwwink: :smwink: Oh they were indeed a fun store, possibly the funnest of them all that I have been to in My childhood, I got so much great stuff there, stuff I have yet to showcase as well. That is such a great commercial. Unfortunately I cannot showcase them MOTU because I sadly didn't care of them but you just saw not long ago that Voltron there which thank goodness is still intact. To think of all the times I went there and then by 98 Venture was gone everywhere, all three of the great locations I went to so many times and they didn't see the 2000s :roll: Thanks for that PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:16 pm

Two Guys was mostly northeast, I believe. My dad and uncle worked at one when they were younger but I believe they went out of business by the mid-80s.I have the vaguest of recollections about that place. The one I remember became a Wegmans (grocery chain) in the 90s and now there's a Burlington Coat Factory and Cabela's on that lot of land. It was actually the first and only Cabela's anywhere nearby, but I'm not much of hunter or fisherman so I've only been there once.

Speaking of Voltron...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:07 am

Happy Father's Day!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:52 am

Burlington always goes to places like that. They moved where My Venture was :roll: Not familiar with'em but I am with Cabela's. It's not My kind of store. I hope your not much of a hunter. I hate the idea :x I love animals and I would never hunt them. I supported the Wolf foundations when Palin was senseless killing them back years ago :batrage: I get very sad when I see how animals are going extinct. Its all senseless killings for certain parts of their bodies and trophies and for pure meanness...I despise this! Just like When I posted about National, like I said they had the Lobster over there. As a kid I thought they were neat but never wanted to eat them. This is just Me. I like fishing but I catch and release.

That's a nice Woolworth commercial. For along time I've been talking about them, waiting to showcase them right. Somethin' they had a LJN deal there with ThunderCats & WWF SuperStars. Remember My great huge 2 part showcase of them last year i My Vintage topic :batsmile: I never saw this commercial before. Amazing :!:

Yeah, Happy Father's Day. That was a nice Sears commercial. My Grandpa PoPo worked there for a long time and got Me some great stuff. He was a pretty recognized employee over there.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:23 am

We have six cats and a dog and I often leave food for the deer in the woods behind our house, so no, never hunted nor had any interest in it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions