Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

1987olds442's: Merged/Smart Hulk - The Professor pg33

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: 1987olds442's: G.I. Joe Classified/Sunbow Sgt Slaughter

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:09 am

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Hey Olds, I don't know if we talked to each other before..if not then hello :)

It seems like your one of the last of the of the originals on the boards (Me & PB are trying to keep things exciting) that post regularly (sometimes Acid & IS post...seems most everybody else is spectators and I don't know why). Anyway, I just really noticed your topic and its a big one. I just looked at your recent stuff. Your Ultraverse Prime and Hulks are great. I dig your Sgt. Slaughter too, he looks might fine!

You are a good customizer Olds, keep it up!

Hey BrandonDaCollector :ddshake:
Thank you very much :smgrin:

I would love to see this forum grow and more interaction. I know I don't engage much in the DC Multiverse area anymore mainly because I'm not really a fan of 7 inch scale figures in general which is McFarlane's preferred scale. I've cherry picked a couple of characters that can work in that size in a DCUC display.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:17 pm

Your welcome Olds :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:11 am

Your Smart Hulk turned out great, Olds! I love it. Like I said before, it truly jumps off the pages of those 1990s Gary Frank pages which is my childhood for sure.

Man, this Sgt. Slaughter custom is wild. I can't believe it. It looks beyond retail. I'm floored by your creations.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:13 pm

I hate them all because they look like you bought them at retail and are passing them off as customs, but I know deep down they're customs, so I hate them all the same. Just kidding. Great work, Olds!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:06 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Your Smart Hulk turned out great, Olds! I love it. Like I said before, it truly jumps off the pages of those 1990s Gary Frank pages which is my childhood for sure.

Man, this Sgt. Slaughter custom is wild. I can't believe it. It looks beyond retail. I'm floored by your creations.

Thank you so much :smgrin:
packerbacker180 wrote:I hate them all because they look like you bought them at retail and are passing them off as customs, but I know deep down they're customs, so I hate them all the same. Just kidding. Great work, Olds!

Ssshhhh... don't give it away :smlol:

When I'm working on my customs that's actually the goal I work to achieve to make the fit and finishes look as factory smooth and seamless that I possibly can.

Thank you so much :smgrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Ultraverse Sludge

Postby 1987olds442 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:24 pm

I just finished up my latest custom of the character Sludge from the Ultraverse.

Sludge is one of my favorite characters from the Ultraverse.

The base figure is a Marvel Legends Deluxe Toxin with some Hulk hands and feet. I sculpted all of the dripping slime on the the body with epoxy, and sculpted the head for Sludge. The sculpting was a ton of work on this one especially having to do in stages. The paint job was actually pretty fun with all the washes and dry brushing. Overall I'm really happy with how this one turned out.

Last edited by 1987olds442 on Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: 1987olds442's: Ultraverse Sludge pg31

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:18 am

WOW, Olds. This is tremendous work you've done. I love the dry brushing and wash work you did on both. And the eyes, man. The eyes are crazy. Any chance you can zoom into them even further? That's just mind blowing to me.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:47 pm

AcidDragon wrote:WOW, Olds. This is tremendous work you've done. I love the dry brushing and wash work you did on both. And the eyes, man. The eyes are crazy. Any chance you can zoom into them even further? That's just mind blowing to me.

Thank you very much :smgrin:

The sculpting was a ton of work on this one especially having to do it in stages. The paint job was really fun though.

And one close-up of the eyes :smgrin:
Sludge-23.jpg
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Illiasc » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:07 pm

That's incredible work, on all of them really! Did a bit of catching up on some of your previous work too and I'm simply amazed. Love the eyes, love all the goopy feel to it (and excellently smooth finish to that), but I especially love the face in general, right down to the comic-matching mouth. While I'm not familiar with Sludge, I do love to see how close of a feel some customs can get to their comic (or film) counterparts.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:45 pm

Man, I don’t know where to begin

Sgt. Slaughter is an absolute BEAST among the Joe’s…he certainly demands a presence; superbly done my friend!

Though I have no clue who Sludge is, that is one impressive figure you put together; to get that melted cake look to look as beautiful as you did, absolutely incredible!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs