Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Modern Collection: My Accoutrements!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: 7-11 TERMINATORS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:33 am

Custom pic I made

The Resistance

The Endoskeletons

The Resistance

Marcus Wright (normal)

Marcus Wright (Battle Damaged)

John Connor

Barnes

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:33 am

Skynet

T-R.I.P.

T-700

T-600 (Battle Damaged)

T-600 (Endoskelton)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:35 am

Set

Just found one of the cards that I saved in storage from these guys. See the price tag/sticker and that they came in 2 packs. Yep, $3 a piece so I got the whole set for $12...ah those were the days :roll: Since these guys are really rare I thought I'd show this as well, enjoy :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:39 am

OK, here is what you've been waiting for. kinda goin' back in time from My post Playmates T-4 series! So it was in 2009, a really odd but great year of movies, Terminator 4: Salvation was being hyped up and really was My most anticipated movie of the whole year next to the Friday the 13th reboot, The 5th Kind, Sherlock Holmes, 2012, G.I. Joe, Transformers 2, Ice Age 3, Wolverine, Star trek and of course Avatar! In fact I believe T-4 was My fave movie of the whole year. So I went to My local, down the street 7-11 and they had these really cool Slurpee cups with small figures connected on the straws! I was like what, really? They had previous year's Iron Man & Hulk. They had transformers and G.I. Joe as well but they also had Terminator: Salvation! All of these were originally in a small generic plastic bag. They cost a bit more than your average Slurpee, I believe it was a buck or so, I could be off slightly so don't quote Me on that, is all I know is these were a must have and I really didn't care about the price because I had to get them before they were gone. T:4 were My favorites of the whole bunch and I did pick up all they had but more on that later. So the cups are hologram and the figures are extremely detailed and really, search beyond Me why these were a 7-11 exclusive and not sold at major retailers. I mean these are superb! OK, let's get to them!

The EXAMPLE! The figures have a removable connector to the straw and they also have their own detailed & sculpted display stand. They others did have stands but I believe I have misplaced them. Like I said, these are fantastic!

The Lineup: Its pretty good, a couple were a surprise IMO!

T-600

The Moto-Terminator: I got 2 of them guys!

The Harvester!

The T-700

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:40 am

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Their Display Stands!

The Special Hologram Cups!

Group Shot!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:43 am

SPECIAL COMPARISONS

7-11 T-600 vs. Playmates T-600!

Super Group Shot Comparison with Playmates Terminator 4: Salvation: With exceptions and possible fan-fiction, these can be in scale with each other!

SUPER SPECIAL COMPARISON: Kenner Terminator T-800 (My favorites) vs. 7-11 & Playmates T4!

Special Entry: T-4 Cup I got when I saw the movie back in 2009!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:48 am

OK, so I said earlier on about other figures that 7-11 had, I got all of them that they had in stock over by the Slurpee section. Really when I saw these I felt astounded about them because I knew nothing about these figures whatsoever and keep in mind this is 2009 when I found them! Still I am so stoked as to how 7-11 treated Terminator 4 compared to the others with the extreme detail and display stands...I am very glad about it because they are easily My favorite set of the whole series! Here is a very brief pic of all of them together!

I plan on showing these other guys in much better detail in the near future. Now, along with the Terminators is characters from Wolverine: X-Men Origins, Iron-Man, The Incredible Hulk, G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra and Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen!

So I hope you enjoyed this and were surprised somewhat. Remember to check and scroll back to previous pages on any of My great topics so you don't miss anything I post within them :!: More to come soon. Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: S.Spuds - Trick or T

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:19 am

So here is My Mr. Potato Head Sports Spuds! Actually its Mr. & Mrs. thank you very much. I got these back in the middle/little later part of the 2000s, way before Playskool/Hasbro pathetically became fake woke with CRT among other crap! Anyway, I found them at My local Walgreens and like usual you can find some stuff there that you can't find like say at your Target or even Walmart so it always pays to check them out! These were officially licensed MLB Baseball themed and were more for an an adult collector IMO rather than a child simply because of the gimmick alone. I believe they made all 30 MLB teams but don't quote Me on that. Since I'm a proud Missourian, I chose the St. Louis Cardinals...YEAH Go Cards!!!!!!!!! I wasn't a collector of Mr. Potato Head back in the day but I did have some when I was very young but more on that later in My Vintage Figure topic...maybe.

So these are smaller than previous standard versions. They have multiple accessories with many combos of display options and the quality is pretty decent. I love how Mrs. is with her ponytail. Here they are!

Apart & Storage Compartment!

Scale & size comparison!

Image[/url]

OK, here we go, since it's October aka Spooky time, I thought it would be apropos to showcase My Trick or Tater! I got this guy from Entertainment Earth back in 2007 close to All Hallows Eve. I remember it was a big hyped up item and it was really a must for Me. Like the Sports Spuds, he has many display combinations. IMO he was a clever concept and just not a good collectable but actually could be a nice Halloween display piece as well! Here he is!

Cool spooky Background insert from the box!

No Storage Compartment this time but Copyright though!

Scale Comparison

The Spuds get scared!

So there you have it, I hope you enjoyed this :) More spooky stuff coming soon :batgrin:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Gamera & Godzilla 20

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 am

So here we go with a special entry for My spooky showcase time. KAIJUS! Yes Japanese monsters! So there is two brief sections, the first has been seen long ago on the board but like many of My topics it got lost in the shuffle and has never been looked back upon while the second one I have never showcased her before :o

Gamera Memorial Box Set!

NOTE: Originally posted on 11/11/14, I am reposting it with tweaked info & pics so please be sure to read it and loo at these great figures and you can see how My standards were then compared to My improvements of recent times :!:

It was over 10 years ago (really?????) that I had acquired the very special 1999 Gamera Memorial Box Set made by Bandai from a now defunct Kaiju web store. NOTE: IT WAS 20 YEARS AGO THIS YEAR in 2001 that I originally got this masterpiece set :shock: During and before that time I had an obsession on trying to acquire a great Godzilla Kaiju collection which was very difficult to do and afford. As you know by now from viewing other topics that I created on this board, I am a huge Japanese Monster buff and have been since I was little. Godzilla has always been #1 with Me but the number 2 spot belongs to Gamera.

Well, I was unable to acquire The absolutely huge Godzilla Memorial Box Set due to it being extremely scarce and insanely expensive nor any of Bandai's other vinyl Kaiju figures due to the same reasons but thank goodness I was able to obtain the legendary Gamera Memorial Box Set. I got it at a defunct yahoo store called "Extreme Collectables" which was a great kaiju store that I miss :roll: the store was owned by a nice man named "Chip", I hope he is still doing good during these times. the set was $80 bucks but it was literally hundreds of dollars less than the Godzilla set thus making it a great deal in not only value but for a very fun set for memories and the like.

Now, ALL of these figures are Bandai reproductions of the original 8" vinyl figures from the 90s and are still vinyl, has the traditional book-card pinned to the figure, all sport tremendous sculpting, nice painting and a decent amount of articulation and range from 5" to 8". The figures consist of Gamera and all of his major foes from the Showa era :shock: O h I remember when My Mom recorded Me most of the films on VHS i was wanting her get Me all of teh monsters in figure form...little did I know during the mid 80s the figures didn't exist until Bandai would make the first Gamera figure in 1990...so it was a very long time till I had My first Gamera figure but the 15 year wait was worth it! Without further-ado, take a gander at the pics of one of My most prized possessions of all :!:

NOTE: This box set goes for hundreds of bucks on eBay as I speak!

-------------------------------------------------

The Box: Note how movie poster-esque it is!

[Image

Gamera: He has a different body, pose and color compared to the original Bandai figure.

ImageImage

Gyaos: He is painted much different the original.

Barugon: He has a totally different pain scheme compared to the original, to this day, I still don't know why they opted this choice :?:

Jaiger/Monster X: She has a much better paint job and her horns are painted realistically this time. NOTE: She is My favorite Gamera Kaiju of all and always has been!

Guiron: His paint has only been slightly changed but that sculpt is so authentic!

Viras: I believe he is nearly identical to the original.

Zigra: The original figure had leg-fins where this version has feet, IMO it is more accurate to the reality of the film because that is how the monster suit really was.

Group Shot: I think the scale size of them all is pretty good.

So there's one of the most prestigious kaiju sets ever made! My Gamera Memorial Box Set is one of My most cherished & desired sets of all in any of My collections as I am quite proud I was able to get it about a generation ago :o :) :!:

I have many more great Gamera figures along with other great great kaiju figures that I got all those many years ago and may post them in this topic as I will represent and ultimately revisit some of the most rarest & coolest kaiju figures ever seen IMO ...we'll see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, here is the second of My special large versions Godzilla 2000 & Gamera! They are about 11" to 12" tall are of a vinyl roto-cast are special imports :o they cost Me about $100 combined with shipping back in the day but now, now look to pay close to a grand if you want the both of them as they are pretty rare and hard to come by :o

Godzilla 2000: I got him in 2001 from another defunct kaiju store that i cannot remember their name but they were a good store and one of the very first to bring us kaiju collectors extremely hard to obtain collectibles from the orient! I find it really hard to believe I got him over 20 years ago this year, seems like yesterday I just got him in the mail and putting him together as it was really hard to because you had to hair-dry his body parts on. His sculpting is so superb by Yuji Sakai and so is his paint. Oh and his made by Banpresto aka Bandai Spirits :o

Gamera (Showa version): I always wanted a large & legit figure of the fire breathing turtle and luckily I found that SEGA of all companies was making their own kaiju line...yeah why not :?: Konami was in the works making awesome Gamera & King Kong figures so even well known video game companies got in on the hobby which is fantastic :o I love his sculpting and paint but his quality is kinda his downfall...literally as he can never stand on his own toppling over unless you give him some leverage. Otherwise he is the most accurate Showa Gamera I hvae ever seen and I have several different versions of him in different scales :!:

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Godzilla 2000 & Gamera together!

Size comparisons with vinyl Godzilla 54 by Bandai from the American series in the 2000s & the aforementioned vinyl Gamera from My Gamera Memorial Box Set!

Wow there it is! My kaiju showcase! Like I said, I much, much more kaijus that I had posted here years ago but got lost in the shuffle so I might revisit them one day. I hope you enjoyed this, another spooky up date is coming VERY soon and it's gonna be a big surprise, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Ray Harryhausen X-PL

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:20 am

These look cool and all but like Packer, I have very limited room for figures that 6" & 7" tall to display and put in storage with all of My older stuff that I find better and with whatever you call "these times" and My budget, I can't afford very much at all.

With that being said, let Me say this. back in the day I was a HUGE McFarlane back in the day, In the late 90s to the mid 2000s. I don't know how it was of you guys back then but for Me, I loved the way it was then and I miss it so much compared to this pathetic era. I just just the design of the packing whether it be the old fashioned blister card or newer clamshells and opening them getting that "new toy smell" thinking and knowing this is a McFarlane figure! My faves were the Movie Maniacs but their Spawn figs were great and even their MLB were superb but of course they had their quality issues but I didn't quit on them like I did with DC Direct. I just loved their presentation of the figures with their news announcements and pics of the prototypes and following the now non-existent MM society :roll: with their thoughts and ideas for the future. I was so disappointed when the company was changing later on cancelling the MMs line and (really letting NECA take over that concept) not to mention being less horrific with more sports and going to the route that every other company is doing and what this is making the same thing with the same licences just making them their way in their style. I've said it before, I mean I get sick of companies like McFarlane and Sideshow whom were great for years with their horror and series' and just changing their styles & ways and making Star wars, DC & Marvel and so many of the things that has been done beyond countless times basically copying other companies when they could make things they was never made before :roll:It would be nice if a company picked up a licence and continued where that last company left off like NECA & Super7 did in the past but most of the time that is to much to ask for and let's just make a character that already has 35+ variants by several different companies :batsad: For Me, it's just a turnoff and makes Me less and less interested in their products :wwsmh:

So really, by reading this topic, I just found out about them as I really don't keep up with the current lines from anybody actually because of what I just said earlier. So seeing these DC figures by McFarlane, I must say they look good and its cool movie versions look great too but I can tell you right now, they lack the classic and cool fun that McFarlane had in the 2000s and lack of horror they could have and the females aren't as sexy either as to they way McFarlane made them back in the day IMO. That Doomsday could be totally gruesome but I think they made kinda tame IMO. I mean if these were made and had they been approached in the 2000s instead of Mattel (I got the JLA-U & DCUC to make up for the series' I didn't get during the 80s & 90s) then they would have been greatly scary and I would have been a faithful collector of the line but sadly like most of everything is toned down, lacks the spirit of grandeur and just not what it used to be :batsad:

Oh boy here we go, I present to you My collection of Ray Harryhausen Vinyl/PVC figures by X-PLUS USA :o I got these classic monsters of the of the last days of Hollywood's silver age in 2001/2002...20 years ago or close to it :shock: I wasn't familiar with the company at the time but would I be soon enough. they would also make tons of other great monsters stuff including statues like Godzilla & Gamera, Ultra Q, Daimajin, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Alien & Predator among others. I remember when I first saw them online thru various web pages. They had special chess pieces that were very expensive and some I would have liked to be made in this series but since they weren't They were kinda hard to find if you wanted the whole set and places like Entertainment Earth would sell them to you wholesale which was not a guarantee that you would get the entire collection via a case and that was not an option for Me. I looked around some more and that is when around the time I found Toyzz (I believe their still in business but has totally changed as they are directly in shopping malls like K-B used to be), a characteristic web store that had really rare things but was really good as I had bought many items there that is quite rare nowadays (for instance, check out My Willow & Elora Danan figures in My Vintage Action Figure topic for a great example!). So I saw that they had them and I was totally astounded they had all of them but individually. They were only $3.99 to $4.99 a pop and without question I got the entire set! I couldn't wait to get them UPS! So I got them and their packaging was just large clear plastic bags very similar like the old school classic imported Japanese figures so if you are familiar with Bandai's Godzilla and Gamera packaging then you know how it was. Back to the price, think of that...only $3.99 to $4.99 each for these accurately sculpted beautiful monstrosities...now you would pay twice or more than that in these insane androgynous times...another thing, I believe these were THE first Ray Harryhausen figures of their kind...it was such an bright & original idea to make these classic characters "a vinyl reality", something so lacking in this day and age IMO :roll: These figures are quite hard to find mint with their tags still within their bodies but still they go for big bucks but if you can find them with the cards intact especially any decent conditioned figures expect a hefty price for them predominately for Kali :o

Now, before I go on any further, I must mention that I have reviewed these figures elsewhere, I was a guest reviewer for Michael Crawford's MWC in the middle/later part of the 2000s to early 2010s and reviewed many types of figures. We were kinda close (he would pick Me up many MOTU 200X reboot figures that were exclusive @ the SDCC :batshock: Unfortunately, I stopped being a guest reviewer and we haven't spoke to each other in many years.....better part of a decade as matter of fact :roll: So if you are interested in reading My review for these great figures than please go see My GUEST REVIEW @ MWC and click that link I provided!

OK, now these figures are in 8" scale and like I mentioned they are vinyl. They have several POA and are sculpted tremendously well, this was during the age when it was a mystery to Me really it still is as to how much the sculpting techniques/technology improved so much which seemed over nite. Hence the packaging, these are also inspired by and made very much like Bandai's awesome Godzilla & Gamera figures from years past (as I previously showcased My great Gamera Memorial box Set just recently). Another very important aspect is much like them, they have the traditional tags/book-card pinned/stuck within their body. I was kinda bummed that they weren't more detailed but over time I got used to it. I recently took different pics as the ones I took for MWC were not up to my current standards. So here they are in order of their numbers on their tags!

The Cyclops from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958): He is great and has an articulated jaw. Notice his tag is missing, I do not know what happen to it but if you visit My MWC guest review you can see when he had his tag intact.

Talos from Jason and the Argonauts (1963).

Ymir from 20 Million Miles to Earth (1957).

The Dragon from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958).

Minoton from Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977).

Kali from The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1973): She is arguably the hardest figure to find out of the entire set! Yep, gotta have this beauty in your classic R.H. collection!

The Griffin from The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1973).

The Centaur from The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1973).

SPECIAL BONUS GALLERY!

The Tag/Booklet example!

The Copyright!

Scenes!

The Living Statues!

The Cyclops vs. The Dragon!

The Centaur vs. The Griffin!

GROUP SHOTS!

SUPER SPECIAL BONUS!

Here is a special size comparison of My previously seen Jaiger/Monster X by Bandai compared to X-PLUS' Kali, the two females of vinyl goodness! As you can see, Jaiger has the traditional tag which is why X-PLUS chose this way too as an inspiration of true monster collectibles!

Wow, there it is, My special Ray Harryhausen collection by X-PLUS! I hope you enjoyed this. These guys are some of My most prized figures. Remember to go back and what else I posted, you never know what you may have miss ;) More cool monsters coming up really soon so keep up with this and look for it rather shortly because I have planned this months in advance :o Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:

SUPER BONUS ENTRY!!!

This entry will deal with what Toyzz.com looked liked in their last days. I was lucky enough to preserve their history which is such an important thing to do for so many reasons. As you saw above, a very lovely huge breasted babe which I'll get into that soon enough as well as their really Superhero Robot Man Logo :batwink: First here's a couple items including the Toyzz Exclusive SouthPark's Sparky the Dog as well a Toy Vault's Dracula Cthulhu :!:

Next up is a 50% Off Ad with their Toyzz Supermodel Chloe Vevrier :o :batshock: :wwwink: :smgasp: By most people she's not a supermodel at all. She's a XXX Porn Star which really those women are beyond being a supermodel really :batwink: I've known her since I was a teenager thanks to the web but more on that in a bit ;) Look at all those great items there, things were so cheap then but damn, if you shopped there they beat like everybody's prices and they usually sold out right away within days if not sooner :o

They had a lot of stuff. I had mentioned in My great Planet of the Apes 2001 Showcase that Daena was like Jerry Macaluso's Adult XXX Superstars figures and how I regretted not getting one of the versions of Jenna Jameson to go with My OSTM ECW Collection :roll: Well Toyzz had their own exclusive version of her :o

They had some other XXX Supermodels advertising their inventory including the super nice looking XXX Supermodel Tanya Danielle as well as the classy hot Asian Kianna Dior :batwink:

In recent times they've had some stuff including The Little Mermaid, 2012's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles + more :!:

So now back to Chloe Vevrier, whom was really their lovely endowed mascot. Chloe is German and was prominent in the 90s & early 2000s during a time when women were superbly wowing and men were still interested and teenagers attention was really grabbed :shock: I was lucky enough to find her pics of when she was Toyzz' Supermodel. They had another XXX Supermodel named Taylor Wane who is British. While I never could find her pics from her stint with Toyzz.com, I'm glad I was able to with Chloe because I liked her more as she was always My favorite of the two. She was such a fine babe and women like her are so ideal is many ways :batwink:

So this wonderful Chloe Toyzz Collage has a few Copyrights of 2003 & 2005 on them which one was 20 years ago this year :o I recall seeing these pics when I was much younger and seeing her all these years later seems like it is still that time because seeing her at Toyzz was always fun along with the cool layout the store once had, finding the rare & obscure stock and not to mention the lowest prices on the entire net at that great time ;)

So here's an example of the rarity that Toyzz.com was known for and that I got. As you see there's Talos that you saw above and Willow & Elora Danan from the totally fantastic Tonka series that came out in 1988 which this year marks it's 35th Anniversary :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: i didn't even know that little set existed back then in the early 2000s but thanks to Toyzz.com I found out and and I was so glad that I acquired them ;)

Ya know, looking back about this really is something else and I see how much times have changed on so many levels. For instance how men really doesn't have a desire for hot women anymore like those guys on LordsofPain.com calling Dana Brooke a fat pig and also over the last decade basically since the tone-down start of 2011 of when TNA & WWE firing talent over such rinky-dink bum-steer that the WWF, WCW & ECW promoted the same stuff which shows you how darn pathetic this modern era really is :batsmh: :wwshock: :smgasp: When you could find something you wanted and/or never knew about at a lesser known web store that had such cheap prices compared to all of these big stores that drove small ones out of business like Amazon & Walmart just like this digital age, Red Box & Netflix made all of the great local Video Rental Outlets and even the big ones like Blockbuster Video & Hollywood Video out :roll: I mean with such insane prices during these pathetic days of inflation how can anybody afford a toy and/or collectible hobby on the side and with so many people not thinking of this including this generation, this androgynous era's future just ain't gonna be fun :x However I'm thankful that I was able to experience how these times were and all that jazz :)
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions