Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Two Fer--Hell Yeah! pg 79

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:30 pm

Thanks, IS. I made the modern Shade for myself years ago, so even though I like this version, it was just never high on my list either, and since I've stopped doing DCUC for myself these days...

Cost of a green table cover? $1.00
Cost of a kite? $1.00
Cost of coffee stir sticks? $1.00

Building a kite for Kite Man using Dollar Tree supllies? Hell yeah!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:15 pm

Great customs PB. Excellent paint and texturing and the whole nine. I could never do anything like that dude. Great stuff PB, just great :!: :)

By the way, i really appreciate the shout out you gave about Me, thanks a lot :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Thanks for the comment, BDC. Just trying to get some more action around here and giving out credit where it's due.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:57 pm

I see and your welcome ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Packerbacker Customs Elementary, My Dear pg. 80

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:08 pm

I have an affinity for female customs because toy companies just don't make enough of them. Allegedly they don't sell but tell that to all the Iron Men and Greef Kargas on the pegs in my local area. You want a Bo Katan? Go look online, pal, you aren't finding her at Target.

So when GI Joe introduced a new character in issue 281 I was immediately interested in making a custom, especially when I saw a Joytoy female figure with a cybernetic arm. You see, US Army Staff Sargent Regina Allen, nicknamed Sherlock for her problem solving abilities, was aiding the Joes on a mission near Trucial Abysmia when a grenade landed near them. Valiantly, she dove on the grenade and tried to toss it away from them but it exploded in mid-air, costing her her left arm. Later, the Joes provided her with a cybernetic prosthetic and offered her a position, which she accepted. She only appeared 4-5 issues ago, so her story is pretty new, and where it goes from here is anyone's guess.

But seeing that figure with the robotic arm, I wanted to give her a try. And here she is:

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Elementary, My Dear p.80

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:35 am

I know, I love female figures too and I never can get enough of'em in numbers or displaying them. I'm not familiar with her but she looks really nice and pretty accurate. Her vest is really good. Nice going PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:27 pm

Thanks for checking her out. I wish companies made more female figures, especially GI Joe. There's so many cool characters beyond Scarlett and the Baroness.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:04 pm

I have absolutely never heard of this character…but from what I see is a massive amount of attention to detail on this figure. Well done sir!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:06 pm

Forgot to add that I also wish more companies enlarged the ranks by adding more female characters to their figure lines; that was a nonstop issue with me when I was making all the GL customs
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:24 pm

Wow. Great job, PB. You know they did these generic limited release Green Shirts for the Joe line. For Cobra, they had female Cobra Troopers with different hair and skin colors. I wish they did female Joe Green Shirts in the same spirit of those figures.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs