Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

G.I. Joe Ultimates Wave 1???

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

G.I. Joe Ultimates Wave 1???

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:05 pm

So Super7 is bringing us G.I. Joe Ultimates!!! I'm literally just seeing these for the first time right now. Now THIS is more like what I wish I got from Hasbro for Classified but I understand that it's my own personal bias for the nostalgic looks of these guys. :batshock:

984365d5-b1ae-44fd-9728-c8abf030a0ad.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/170463
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: G.I. Joe Ultimates Wave 1???

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:24 pm

Yeah, those are nice but hells no at $55 each. The CC looks like he's in to Three Dog Night.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:58 pm

Same reason I couldn't get into the TMNT Ultimates. Pretty pricey.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:36 pm

I already ordered them for my comic shop, won't be out until may of 2022....
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:13 pm

Figures are already nearing to the point they aren't worth the price. 8 know I've said for years $20 per was my limit but here I am sometimes paying a little more for stupid store exclusives, but the day they get to $30 per I have to all but bow out. Most just aren't worth that. I saw the Flash Gordon figs a while back and thought they looked real cool. Then I saw the $30 price tag and they weren't so cool anymore. $55 is just ludicrous. It's a nonstarter for me. These aren't the toys I'm looking for. Move along.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:34 pm

Same, I am content with the GI Joe classified line from Hasbro. These are more for the people that want those pure 80's animated figures which there is nothing wrong with that, just not a line I want since I am already on the Hasbro one. Although I will admit they are nice and cartoon accurate.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:37 am

They look great and I dig their classic looks especially Cobra Commander and B.A.T. but $55 a pop :batshock: No thank you. I mean who has the money to get these all of these? Sure in the heck not Me :shock: I mean as you have seen in My recent acquirements topic, I have been collecting older figures that I couldn't get in the past and their cheaper than these new ones! I'll tell ya, things like this just turns Me off about collecting new stuff again, I mean the prices are just insane and it's just keeps on getting worse :!: :x
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to General Toy Discussions