Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Packerbacker Customs He Comes In Colours Everywhere p.78

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:56 pm

Hmm, not much love for Star Wars custom? Hrumph. Guess I should share a new DC Universe commission then, eh?

Roy G. Bivolo. C'mon, I mean, it's like his parents were begging for him to grow up to be a mort in a rainbow suit!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs He Comes In Colours Everywhere p.7

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:05 am

Wow! I'm blown away by how clean the paint apps look on him. Excellent job. One of the best Rainbow Raiders I've seen! Which head did you use??

P.S. Great job on Migs, too! I haven't been watching the show lately but looks just like Burr. :D
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Packerbacker Customs He Comes In Colours Everywhere p.7

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:26 am

Thanks! It wasn't always fun trying to make those colors straight. Taste the rainbow! (oh, that's good, he should use that as his catchphrase if no one else is!)

The head is just Doc Midnite with the goggles modified.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Mayday! Mayday! p.78

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:26 pm

Nope, Brad May didn't score in overtime, this is a 3.75 GI Joe custom of US Army Sgt. Paige Adams, who was one of the new Joe recruits in the 2000s Image/Devil's Due Run whose specialty was urban warfare, and marksmanship. If there's one thing I like it's new characters, and female action figures. Oops, that two things. Too bad we don't get enough female figures because you guys all think they have cooties and won't buy them. At least that's what I've been told

Head: MU Civil War Agent 13
Hair: MU X-Force X-23
Torso: mix and match casts from Vortius Customs, don't remember numbers, sculpted on pockets
Upper arm: ROC Baroness v14
Lower arm: Resolute Scarlett v13
Upper legs: 50th Shooter
Knees: 50th Stiletto
Lower legs: Retaliation Lady Jaye v9
Elbow pads and holsters: MTF

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon May 03, 2021 3:03 pm

Wow, awesome job, man. Kind of wish I didn't miss the boat on the Figure Subscription Service thing but at the same time, it's hard for me to accept that I'm going to have to be force fed at minimum 12 figures for $70 each and 3.75 inch figures at that. Still very cool job.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:12 pm

Yeah, no way was I subscribing to the Joe Club, but luckily there were only a couple figures each year that I really wanted anyway, and since they're all kitbashes themselves, it's easier to just make them than pay eBay prices. I did buy a couple off ebay through the years, but most are insanely expensive.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm

Looking at the Club exclusives, the only figures I'd absolutely want are :
2013 Big Boa, Blackout, Covergirl, Iceberg, Iron Klaw, Dice
2014 Cross Country
2015 Bombstrike, Slice, Frostbite, Old Snake, Psycheout
2016 Billy Arboc, Pythona
2017 Big Lob, Cross Hair, Darklon, Dr Biggles, Raptor, Sneak Peek
2018 Fast Draw, Blizzard
2019 Coils O'Doom, Munitia

And out of those I bought Blackout, Big Lob, Sneak Peek, Iceberg, and Coils for reasonable prices (under $50), made Big Boa, Covergirl, Bombstrike, Munitia, and Dr Biggles-Jones, and have assembled the parts to make Cross Country, Billy, and Pythona. And Fast Draw and Blizzard are versions I didn't really like. Blizzard always had a soft spot in my heart because he's the last figure I remember getting back in the day, so I do want to make him, but just not as bulky looking as the Club version.

Some of the other figures are cool but the Club was just way too expensive. I had a hard time rationalizing the Matty Collector Club, and that was even less than this.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 pm

That’s a really good job on a smaller scale figure...I have mixed feelings about small figures...

I have no clue about her and most of the characters you mentioned above, save for a few of which were G1

Anyways, it’s ALWAYS nice to fill in the ranks ...excellent work
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:47 pm

Yeah, 3.75 are a different animal all together with my crappy eye sight. I thought I was all done, took some pics and then noticed how completely sloppy the painting was around the waste. So had to tidy that up quite a bit.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Thu May 06, 2021 4:54 pm

Beautiful. That's beautiful. So much detail in such a small figure.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs