Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Modern Collection: My Accoutrements!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

My Modern Collection: My Accoutrements!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:20 am

OK, here is a topic that I thought of doing to place My collections and various figures that doesn't belong in a top category so I could showcase them this way. All of these figures among other items will range from the early 2000s to now.

So, I thought is would be apropos to feature some of My most obscure yet favorite figures of all and they are the Poze'm by Play Mind! I found these guys at Big Lots! back in about 2004-2006 and I just digged them because of the POA and the Titanium gimmick. There is six in all, Blue, Green, White, Yellow, Orange & Red. I hope you enjoy these guys :D

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:25 am, edited 24 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Poze'm by Play Mind!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:21 am

It looks cool on the bottom of their feet!

The nice Booklet that was included with each one. I really wanted the other others but I never could locate them elsewhere...oh well :roll:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Poze'm by Play Mind!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:22 am

Scale with Scarlett from the reboot classic of G.I. Joe line and Twitch from Toy Story 3 whom I also got at Big Lots! around the same time...oh boy, I just spoiled things :o

Till next time, I'll see you around :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Scarlett by Hasbro!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:31 pm

Well, continuing My little lot from Big Lots! is Scarlett from the 3-3/4" classic reboot series of Hasbro's G.I. Joe! Now, I was not collecting Joes @ the time as I had retired from them in 90s (I made an exception about Sigma 6 later on however) but when I saw this figure at the store I thought gosh, I gotta get her. Her original figure eluded Me when I was young in the 80s so she became Mine in the 2000s! The sculpting and & POA has greatly improved since then. I love her color scheme and hair. She includes a removable helmet, a pistol & backpack and a really nice sculpted display stand with her name on it. Her card is very nostalgic and reminiscent of the classic series. Here is some pics that I took of here :!:

Now, here is a scale comparison with some figures in her scale from other lines, as follows is (all by Mattel) Voltron's Lance McClain (Isamu Kurogane, Avatar's Jake Sully & Neytiri and JLA's Green Lantern!

That's all for now, next is TWITCH! I hope you enjoyed this...till next time I'll see you around :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Scarlett & Twitch!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:27 am

OK, here is Twitch by Mattel of Toy Story 3. If you are not familiar with him then go look him up! OK, well, it was back in prime of the days of the MattyCollector message board. Somebody there mentioned him (I'm not sure whom it was, I've lost contact with everyone there unfortunately years ago) saying do you consider Twitch from Toy Story 3 a Masters of the Universe character and would you want a MOTUC figure of him? They posted a pic of him and thought heck yeah, his design works wonderfully with them. So I did My research and saw that there was more than one version of him online and I was contemplating about getting him despite I'm not a huge fan of TS. So one day when I wanted to go to Big Lots! (you can find a lot of cool & rare things there) and see what they had this time, I saw him there...I was like holy cow...wow they got him. He was the smaller but more affordable version so I had to get him (I did not get the others in the series). His sculpting is really good but his plastic is really thin and made completely different than a MOTUC figure. Like a lot of stuff by Mattel, he could use more paints apps. I love his wings. I'm so glad he is an insect as I love Arthropods. I put him with the MOTUC and to Me he looks & fits fine with the line if you make some exceptions. So here is some pics that I took to show him off!

Here he is with the original He-Man from the MOTUC. Like I said, with exceptions :idea: He fits in nicely and you can always make up your own fan faction ;)

That's all for now. Wait until you see what is in store for this topic soon :o Till then, I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:55 am

I'm trying to get my hands on that Scarlett at the moment so that's a funny coincidence. I don't know when or where she wore this but I think it looks pretty cool. Love that Twitch figure, too. Looks like he could make use of the Buzz Off buck for sure.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:41 pm

That Scarlett was a "homage" to the original Argentina version of Scarlett from the 80's called Glenda (not sure if she was a good witch).

I guess they thought a figure named Glenda wouldn't sell as well in the 25th line as Scarlett? Not sure. I eventually made my own version a few years ago so I could try out the chrome marker I bought. I may have one more, I'd have to dig.

Although a lot of the characters are the same, some vary. Like Stalker for instance was renamed Cheetah, and Cover Girl was Sparta.

Unlike say in the UK, where GI Joe was renamed Action Force and had completely different code names and villains.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 pm

AcidDragon wrote:I'm trying to get my hands on that Scarlett at the moment so that's a funny coincidence. I don't know when or where she wore this but I think it looks pretty cool. Love that Twitch figure, too. Looks like he could make use of the Buzz Off buck for sure.

Isn't that a coincidence :? Indeed but I think he is fine on his on. Thanks Packer for the HISTORY LESSON :o

Did any of you guys see My Poze'm figures before at stores? I think their kinda rare? That's it, stay tuned for MUCH MORE :batgrin:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Scarlett UPDATE!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:32 am

Just found Scarlett's crossbow, I didn't realize that she was missing it till now :o

OK, wait till you see what stuff I got to show soon :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: 7-11 TERMINATORS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:32 am

So at first this will be a repost of My Previously seen Terminator 4: Salvation set by Playmates. I wanted to properly showcase in this topic as to owns and that fact of the matter is My NEW addition to My topic, the soon to be seen 7-11 Terminator 4: Salvationfigures will be compared with the Playmates versions so i thought it would be very apropos to archive them this way. OK, without further ado, here we go!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a huge Terminator fan. My favorite film is the Rise of the Machines (no longer canon), however, I loved Terminator 4, I thought is was so proper and had such a nostalgia feel to it especially since the great score was composed by Danny Elfman (one of fave composers of all-time)! Anyway, I was looking for a way to get the Terminator Salvation figures made by Playmates. With My budget and collecting at the time, it was kinda difficult at the time. So the movie and figures came out in 2009 (gosh, 11 YAG!) so year or so came about and I visited My local Family Dollar because sometimes they come through for Me having have a good selection of figures a lot of the big guys have even older stuff plus really obscure things which I go for all the time ;) So lo and behold they had Terminator 4: Salvation figures but WOW was I surprised...these guys I had never seen before and I did a lot of research and even to this day I think they are very obscure :o These figures are mini figures, about only about 1 1/2" tall :shock: Yes, they are really small so there is eight figures all together and some were harder to find than others as usual. It basically includes the same characters from the larger series' and they are molded down. They have 5 POA at the neck, shoulders & hips. The sculpting & paint is quite decent for the size. Once again, Playmate does a good job and I couldn't complain about it :)

Ready :?: ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions