Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Scott ToyGuru Neitlich's Insider Look at Club Infinite Earth

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Scott ToyGuru Neitlich's Insider Look at Club Infinite Earth

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:10 pm

Secrets of the first half of year 1 for Club Infinite Earth's the DC Signature Series from Mattel

Scott Toy Guru Neitlich continues his director's commentary from the retail DCUC line into the online Mattycollector.com iteration DC Signature Series offered through Club Infinite Earth's. How and why the line evolved from retail to an online figure of the month club and why Metron was such a breakthrough figure.

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scott ToyGuru Neitlich's Insider Look at Club Infinite E

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:27 am

It was cool, however, It still bugs Me how Mattel handled all of these series from DCUC to MOTUC among others, IMO it could have been better :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Scott ToyGuru Neitlich's Insider Look at Club Infinite E

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:29 pm

I sadly agree...their choices were often skeptical for me (especially towards the end) and their whole deal with Digital River was the nail in the coffin for Matty.

Overal I thoroughly loved collecting this line; which gave me the same collecting feels as digging through boxes of Super Powers and Star Wars as a kid, straight off the pallet at ShopKo. So much fun there!

I was sad to see Mattel lose the license because they could’ve continued to work give us more (classic and modern) figures. McFarlane is doing a very good job nowadays, besides the larger scale; they’ve definitely upped their design game. Still, I’ll only ever get a few here or there of his line.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel